Settings Question

I am currently going through all the settings KSP has and try to learn what they do. (Picture of the settings screen I am talking about in this post):

Spoiler

wfYjTmN.png 

There are a few that I can't figure out: 

1. Show Vessel Labels - I don't know what labels this should turn off when disabled. I can only think of the labels shown in map view when hovering the mouse over a ship, but those appear no matter the state of this option. What labels does this option control?
  2. Show Wrong Vessel Type on Launch Confirmation - I never have seen a message asking me to confirm to launch a wrong vessel. How would the game decide if a vessel is the wrong vessel I am launching? In what situations would I get such message.
Edited by egoego

I believe #1 is in flight view, when you get closer than 5km. It shows the name of the ship next to the [ ].

#2 is if you launch something the game figures is a plane from the VAB, or a non-plane from the SPH.

Thanks bewing, your answer put me on the right track to discover the behaviour of the first option.
Turns out that with this option OFF you neither see vessel labels nor brackets for other vessels if you are in physics range of them. If it is ON then you see brackets and the distance and if you hover your mouse over them you get the name too.

I haven't been able to trigger the wrong vessel warnig in any way yet. So for now I assume this option is pointless.

55 minutes ago, egoego said:

I haven't been able to trigger the wrong vessel warnig in any way yet. So for now I assume this option is pointless.

Yes, that bug is in the bugtracker currently. The last time I remember seeing that message was in 1.2.0 -- but it disappeared sometime since then. But it was always rather pointless. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.