In this unique challenge/game, the first person proposes a challenge for somebody to accomplish in KSP. The second person tries to perform this challenge, and replies "hold my beer!" and posts some proof that they performed this challenge (a picture or two). This second person then posts a new challenge for the next person to do.

Important: You do not need to ACCOMPLISH the challenge, you just have to prove that you TRIED to accomplish it. (although you will be commended the more effort you put into the challenge)

Rules:

1- before doing a challenge you must reserve a spot on this thread. You then edit your attempt at the challenge into the spot you reserved. If you do not put in your attempt within 24 hours, then you cannot propose a new challenge when you are done.

2- You can attempt past challenges as well, but you must also attempt the most recent challenge at the same time. Otherwise you cannot post a new challenge.

3- unless otherwise specified by the challenge-maker, the challenge you do is meant to be (a) without any part or physics changing mods and (b) done without cheats

4- It's all about having as much fun as possible! 

Now, i guess i should do this challenge myself to start off...let's see...I challenge myself to land a VTOL on an aircraft carrier.

Hold my beer, me!

D0ovR8O.png

It is done!

I challenge the next person to...make a plane that consistently performs 15g turns!

Most Challenges Tried:

- @spacebrick3   1

- @Hodari   1

- @IncongruousGoat 1

Most Challenges Completed:

- @spacebrick3  1

- @Hodari   1

- @IncongruousGoat 1

Have Fun!

Edited by quasarrgames

Here, hold my beer.

To do this, I simply grabbed one of my supersonic planes, originally designed to fly to the location of the various radar dishes:

6A4Db5m.jpg

Then, I flew around the ocean, performing a fair amount of turns at 15g or higher to demonstrate its capabilities:

FbXb2Ob.jpg

ZqMQv3J.jpg

NLXUlw5.jpg

oyn1hyE.jpg

vhBvmzV.jpg

Then, after a slightly botched landing, I found that the highest g-force I experienced was 22.6g - much higher than the 15g I was going for:

jPOQRR8.jpg

I challenge whoever comes next to launch a rocket to orbit (or beyond) with no SAS or RCS. and weighing at least 100 tons on the launchpad (just for extra challenge).

Edited by spacebrick3

Hold my beer..

http://imgur.com/a/u4Qcb

No control inputs at all other than staging and managed to escape the Kerbol system altogether.

I challenge the next person to land an airplane on the island runway.  No parachutes/drogue chutes/airbrakes or anything like that allowed.

Edited by Hodari
album not displaying correctly

Hold my beer

I wasn't entirely sure if the no SAS requirement meant no stability assist, or no reaction wheels. So I took it to mean both.

My approach to this was twofold: During the initial ascent, I used a natural gravity turn to take care of steering things. Once that began proving ineffective, I decreased the thrust on the Mainsail I was using in order to be able to perform a continuous burn to orbit, maintaining attitude control all the way up using the thrust vectoring on the engine. Things got a bit hairy at the moment of orbital insertion, but in the end it all worked out.

Oh, and my ship weighted over 100 tons at launch. All in all, not a bad challenge.

I challenge whomever comes next to launch a rocket to orbit using no fuel other than monopropellant.

16 minutes ago, Hodari said:

Sorry, I posted first, but had to keep editing since the album didn't display correctly for some reason...

I wasn't clear. :) I was asking the OP about a gap in the rules of this challenge. 

4 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

I wasn't clear. :) I was asking the OP about a gap in the rules of this challenge. 

If I could offer a suggestion to the OP I would suggest the person who wants to take up the challenge offer the "Hold my beer" line first, then it's claimed for 24 hours.  If they don't come back and edit the results into their post in that time, the next person can take it.

Sounds like a fun thread.  If I can tear myself away from Zelda, I may take on one.

Hold my beer for the island runway one.

Creatively using the rules? Yes. Cheating? No. Altough I could've probably landed without the my "brakes".

My challange for the next person is to build an SSTO rocket (preferably capable of returning in one piece).

Edited by SpacePilotMax

Hold my beer for the monopropellant one.

100% stock? maybe.

Mods:

Planetshine
KER
RCS Build Aid
KAC
PreciseNode

The OP should give some information about those mods which don't alter physics, add parts or provide a autopilot.

I will not create a new challenge, this is up to @SpacePilotMax.
Or should I? I think it could be funny to choose between 2 different missions, or have an alternative if the first is reserved. However, I will wait until a decision from the OP.

Edited by jonny

On 26/03/2017 at 4:18 PM, SpacePilotMax said:

My challange for the next person is to build an SSTO rocket (preferably capable of returning in one piece).

'Ere, 'ang onto me gin, I'm goin' in. 

Edited by Foxster

On 26/03/2017 at 4:18 PM, SpacePilotMax said:

Craft file if anyone wants it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sw73r6l8n7rph9q/Rocket ship SSTO 6.craft?dl=0

My challenge is: Fly a manned ship of your own design from LKO to the surface of the Mun and back to LKO powered only by ion engines. 

Edited by Foxster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.