[Query] Minimum thrust/acceleration

I've been half-heartedly working on an EM drive to add to my SpaceOpera thing.  The current version doesn't generate any thrust, as (quite rightly) KSP doesn't do reaction without reaction mass.  Or, the ModuleEnginesFX certainly doesn't as it needs thrust and ISP, so division by zero kills that.

But using the standard work around of creating a fake resource in an electrically powered generator, then using that for reaction mass is essentially rounding to "not working".  (determined by being able to time warp while running the engine)  I was hoping to get something as genuinely useless as the numbers coming out of the Eagleworks papers as a demonstration of how low the numbers are.

So, I was hoping someone knew if/what the minimum values would be for thrust/acceleration before they get rounded to zero by the game.  Then I can just scale the size and power consumption until I hit the minimum.

HIya if you use module FX you can actually have negative (engines that suck instead of blow) or tiny values with no ill effects, I use similar methods for the ship smoke stacks with thrust values as low as 0.01, admittedly removing the thrust and heat is my main goal,  @Azimech in particular has a good handle on the abuse you can heap on module engine FX

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HIya if you use module FX you can actually have negative (engines that suck instead of blow) or tiny values with no ill effects, I use similar methods for the ship smoke stacks with thrust values as low as 0.01, admittedly removing the thrust and heat is my main goal,  @Azimech in particular has a good handle on the abuse you can heap on module engine FX

Hmmm... maybe I've stuffed something else.  I am using ModuleEnginesFX.   I wonder if I need to have a linked effect.  Or possibly my assumption that any thrust is enough to stop you using timewarp/craft switching is what's wrong.  I'll throttle up and leave the thing running some more.  See if I can budge the orbit at all

Actually, looks like my assumption that ANY acceleration stops you from timewarp or space-centre was what was wrong.  There's obviously a cap, under which is fine.  Timewarp does set throttle to zero, and I imagine so does switching to the space centre (or other craft).  But after some time, I have adjusted my orbit by some meters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.