Big Rover

Hi Guys,

USI has these HUGE 5m Kontainers, And I need a way to get them from base to base Via the ground, and short of slapping wheels and a probe core onto the godzilla of storage modules, I cant. Are there any Rover mods that can do that, While still being compatible with 1.2.2?

I've successfully moved them with a Karibou, on Kerbin.  I've also made rovers that could handle several out of things like Lack Luster Labs parts with help from Kerbal Foundries.

But basically if you're trying to move those around, you need to get creative.  :wink:

20 hours ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

Hi Guys,

USI has these HUGE 5m Kontainers, And I need a way to get them from base to base Via the ground, and short of slapping wheels and a probe core onto the godzilla of storage modules, I cant. Are there any Rover mods that can do that, While still being compatible with 1.2.2?

Moving those Kontainers around aint easy! Hence my current project. I'd suggest waiting to see what is possible with the new 'Eagle' rover/lander that RD is working on. It's going to be the biggest rover set he's made yet and it's likely going to be capable of moving at least one full 5m kontainer if not a few.

Some supersize rover wheels in this:

Alternatively, if you stick with stock wheels, you can do some autopiloting and reduce the amount of work you have to do with driving stuff around - in which case maybe you don't need to move the biggest containers?

(Does not work with Foundries wheels!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.