I don't think it should be inefficient, but very, very slow at processing instead. RL ISRU units aren't as big as the ones in KSP. They are much smaller but also much slower at processing fuel.

BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point

Thats what it is for, making non-radial-attachable stuff radially attachable.

As for inefficient/slow ISRU, why? I would surely just timewarp X amount of time more than I would with the 1.25m ISRU. If life support is used, it runs out faster the more you timewarp(faster than the ISRU can replenish it)...well, seeing how wasteful the 1.25m ISRU is with ore, i doubt it could sustain 1 kerbal anyway(any slower ISRU would be pointless)

On 3/27/2017 at 5:56 AM, Blaarkies said:

BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point

Thats what it is for, making non-radial-attachable stuff radially attachable.

As for inefficient/slow ISRU, why? I would surely just timewarp X amount of time more than I would with the 1.25m ISRU. If life support is used, it runs out faster the more you timewarp(faster than the ISRU can replenish it)...well, seeing how wasteful the 1.25m ISRU is with ore, i doubt it could sustain 1 kerbal anyway(any slower ISRU would be pointless)

First, my concern for the IRSU is weight, second i dont use LS so that timewarp doesnt matter.

On 3/27/2017 at 11:22 AM, passinglurker said:

It would be nice to have a counter balance when using only one drill, or an inline drill/mini ore tank combo part.

anyway how about instead of massively inefficient why not just make it limited to producing monoprop?

i need LF/O for my tiny vehicles. i grab asteroids for my larger vehicles and just glide to everywhere.

On 28/03/2017 at 5:32 AM, MaxL_1023 said:

I would like to see the standard ISRU have a couple radial attachment nodes - it gets annoying when I can't put radiators on the part which actually needs the cooling. 

Yes the design even includes side plates that look like they are intended for radiators. 

4 hours ago, DarknessHasLost said:

First, my concern for the IRSU is weight, second i dont use LS so that timewarp doesnt matter.

i need LF/O for my tiny vehicles. i grab asteroids for my larger vehicles and just glide to everywhere.

Well, just build your probe like 2t bigger :P

Ven's Stock Part Revamp has a Convert-O-Tron MINI-M with mass = 0.4
I don't see a new update for it, so you will have to test if and how this works

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.