Speed

EpicSpaceTravel

Can you go faster than light (299,792,458 m/s) in KSP? What happens? I'm going to try this right now. Because science. :confused:

Mission update:
MET +36:06, Speed 500,009 m/s.
Sooo... what is that, like 14 days before I reach lightspeed..? I'll have to try this again later! 

Edited by TheLionsBite
14 days!

I just slapped on a mess of Vectors and boosted away for about 30minutes of game time. I wanted to get an idea of what I'll need to make it happen through acceleration. It's actually still going as I type... but LOL, strange things are already happening. In map view, all the orbital lines and planet/moon indicators are flickering like mad... I sense the presence of the mighty kraken already!

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

wait is this a max-speed known thread? Because if so, I've got a BDArmory glitch with the Maverick missiles that end up making it gain infinite speed. I got bored at the 175 million m/s mark

No, the idea only just struck me when I stumbled across this thread. I'm trying to-- hell, I don't know what I'm doing, okay?! LOL I wanna go fast!

HEHE, yeah, with infinite fuel alone you can get pretty fast:

This thing from my old 1.1 thermal testing series burned for 40+ minutes, canceling solar orbit twice (there was a major slowdown bug involving a dreadstorm of log spam when you were on a solar escape trajectory, so I turned it around and let it just cancel its orbit again).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.