Accessing MechJeb

So, I'm trying to find out how I can have my mod check to see if a MechJeb box is installed on the vessel that my mod is running on, and then access it's MechJebCore so I can utilize the surface coordinates of the landing sub-module. The issue is that after two days of trying, first by just winging it, second by studying GravityTurn's MechJebWrapper, I've came up with nothing. Is there anyone on here who can give me a rundown on how to check and access one module from another, separate one? I've already tried making a few foreach loops to parse my parts for the module, but that doesn't seem to be returning anything.

Well I haven't looked into accessing MJ2. But you can normally get a class reference by

part.FindModulesImplementing<myModule>();	--> gives a list of the modules in the part
part.FindModuleImplementing<myModule>();	--> gives the first module in the part

where myModule is the module you are trying to manipulate or access information from. Examples of modules are "ModuleResourceHarvester", "ModuleResourceConverter" etc. Or in your case "MechJebCore".

EDIT:

And maybe you should check if mechjeb2 is installed at all, something like this

bool isThatModLoaded = AssemblyLoader.loadedAssemblies.Any(a => a.name == "TheModName");

Edited by Warezcrawler

I actually contacted AndyMt, and consulted with him about how his GravityTurn mod is able to access Mechjeb in order to circularize, and while I think that's managed to get me the mechjebcore I need, I cant seem to access it's variables. Neither GetField or GetValue seem to be working for me.

5 hours ago, Tompete Kerman said:

I actually contacted AndyMt, and consulted with him about how his GravityTurn mod is able to access Mechjeb in order to circularize, and while I think that's managed to get me the mechjebcore I need, I cant seem to access it's variables. Neither GetField or GetValue seem to be working for me.

Could you provide examples on what you do? Maybe its something simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.