70 posts in this topic

I LITERALLY just downloaded v0.1!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.2 has been approved by Curse, it is now available for download!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While working on v 0.3 for this mod, I encountered some minor problems with atmospheres and scaled spaces, and they were fixed. A new version, 0.2.1, is under review on CurseForge and should be approved by Friday. In the mean-time, please stay away from Vetrum and Jakis; they will deceive you while you try to land, and your ship will get eaten by the KerbalKraken!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a new video showing the Kirus and Heidon systems in detail:

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Introducing another moon of Kirus: Valeon!!

Valeon is a small, green moon about 150 kilometers across. It has a neat look to it, and HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EASTER EGGS, EASTER BUNNIES, OR OTHER HOLIDAY CREATURES ON ITS SURFACE!!!! It is the innermost moon of Kirus, and it has no atmosphere, so even if there were any easter bunnies, they have been extinct for kerbillions of years.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there will be an updated v 0.23 version of the mod out sometime today or on Tuesday with the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite planet in the mod, Hydros, Krakenized me ;.;.

3 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

Introducing another moon of Kirus: Valeon!!

Valeon is a small, green moon about 150 kilometers across. It has a neat look to it, and HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EASTER EGGS, EASTER BUNNIES, OR OTHER HOLIDAY CREATURES ON ITS SURFACE!!!! It is the innermost moon of Kirus, and it has no atmosphere, so even if there were any easter bunnies, they have been extinct for kerbillions of years.

How long is a Kerbillion?!

It's on a need to know basis...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

My favourite planet in the mod, Hydros, Krakenized me ;.;.

How long is a Kerbillion?!

It's on a need to know basis...

A Kerbillion is a made up unit equal to 1 billion Kerbal years.

Can you elaborate on the error in the Hydros scaled space so I may be able to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UranianBlue said:

A Kerbillion is a made up unit equal to 1 billion Kerbal years.

Can you elaborate on the error in the Hydros scaled space so I may be able to fix it?

I was going to land, but then the planet disappeared and left me falling into an abyss.

"The laws of science be a cruel mistress"

Bender, Futurama: The Deep South (S02E16)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I was going to land, but then the planet disappeared and left me falling into an abyss.

"The laws of science be a cruel mistress"

Bender, Futurama: The Deep South (S02E16)

It must be a problem with generating the Cache file.

I'm sorry about that, and I know how to fix it. I will have an update out that (hopefully) will fix Hydros and Vetrum (these are the only worlds that will contain the problem because they were not generated with Kittopia). As for all of the other worlds in the system, they are good to land on. I know this because I have put Kerbals on Mevron and other moons of Heidon. Rooe, a gas planet, will be released early in the mod version 0.23.

If anybody experiences these Krakenized bugs, please report them to me so that I may fix them.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I was going to land, but then the planet disappeared and left me falling into an abyss.

"The laws of science be a cruel mistress"

Bender, Futurama: The Deep South (S02E16)

were you trying to land on the lakes or the brighter half of the moon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having some trouble developing Rooe, so it will not be in the next version of the mod. Sorry about this guys, but, at least, we still have Valeon.

The Hydros bug may have been caused by me not defining it as terrestrial. Will all be fixed in the update.

STAY AWAY FROM HYDROS! IT WILL EAT YOU IN THE CURRENT VERSION!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anybody hasn't checked out my Exoplanet mod, which is under development right now, the thread is here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uh oh. . . 

I got Krakenized again by Hydros. The pretty map that AR3S_TGL made turned into a nasty series of blue and white rings, then turned black, leaving a view of Kirus underneath it! SO scary! And the atmosphere did very little to slow the ship down in time, so I splashed into a dark red looking ocean and three brave Kerbals were killed : (. 

I'm working on the problem. Salutes to Ribbles Kerman, commander of the Hydros Express!

If I can't fix the problem, I may have to remove the maps for Hydros and generate some maps with PQS. The maps won't look as cool as the Space Engine version @AR3S_TGL mad, but they won't eat your ship!!!!

May also apply to Vetrum. Stay away from these worlds please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

uh oh. . . 

I got Krakenized again by Hydros. The pretty map that AR3S_TGL made turned into a nasty series of blue and white rings, then turned black, leaving a view of Kirus underneath it! SO scary! And the atmosphere did very little to slow the ship down in time, so I splashed into a dark red looking ocean and three brave Kerbals were killed : (. 

I'm working on the problem. Salutes to Ribbles Kerman, commander of the Hydros Express!

If I can't fix the problem, I may have to remove the maps for Hydros and generate some maps with PQS. The maps won't look as cool as the Space Engine version @AR3S_TGL mad, but they won't eat your ship!!!!

May also apply to Vetrum. Stay away from these worlds please!

Hehe. Hydros is hungry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AR3S_TGL said:

Hehe. Hydros is hungry...

I may have a video of that.

Though, I imagine that poor Ribbles may not taste very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it was like Subnautica? Did you have escape pods?

I love Subnautica...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UranianBlue I can help you with some of the issues you have. In fact, when I downloaded the mod, I fixed a lot of things up (because I was bored). I was able to get the moons of Kirus working, although I had to delete their original config files and recode them from the ground up to do so.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@UranianBlue I can help you with some of the issues you have. In fact, when I downloaded the mod, I fixed a lot of things up (because I was bored). I was able to get the moons of Kirus working, although I had to delete their original config files and recode them from the ground up to do so.

did you identify the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ProtoJeb21 If you get them to to work, email them to montycampbell039@gmail.com. I will include your name in the license with proper credit for resolving the Ringed Kraken Bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now