[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Bargain Rocket Parts Recycled- Bust out the duct tape, we're going to space!

linuxgurugamer

45 minutes ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

Apologies for necroposting but just want to mention how amusing waterfall configs would be, Image the "bell" nozzle engine having excessive amounts of shock diamonds and the "Barrel"  nozzle looking like its about to explode with an incredibly unstable plume

Feel free to make them

12 hours ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

Apologies for necroposting but just want to mention how amusing waterfall configs would be, Image the "bell" nozzle engine having excessive amounts of shock diamonds and the "Barrel"  nozzle looking like its about to explode with an incredibly unstable plume

PS/edit.  Coca cola rcs plumes are backwards.

YES

• 9 months later...
59 minutes ago, thepres1s_Stuff said:

This is a late reply but I have a new part idea: Duct tape strut. Works exactly like a strut, but cheaper and weaker. also duct tape.

This is a very old mod.  If someone were to make some parts, I'd gladly include them, but I'm not doing anything with this other than bug fixes

22 hours ago, thepres1s_Stuff said:

This is a late reply but I have a new part idea: Duct tape strut. Works exactly like a strut, but cheaper and weaker. also duct tape.

Really a bit late

On 3/30/2017 at 12:11 AM, snkiz said:

Tried it out, and could not stop laughing. Its very well done, too well for my current game :( I was pleasantly surprised fuel switch worked. Tweakscale doesn't seem useful so no support is fine. Antennas didn't work with remote tech I think I can look at it. I was kinda expecting to find Duct tape as a KIS/KAS tool. Sadly there was none.

:wink: In fact, this idea was proposed to the author shortly after the release.

I hope you don't mind some screenshots for your thread, @linuxgurugamer, these recycled bargain rocket parts are just what Dr. von Kerman ordered!  For a first flight in a new career save, these parts are just... *chef's kiss*  Perfection!

Spoiler

uNmGSKz.png

A very Kerbal first rocket!  Barbie 1 prepared for launch.

Spoiler

iI9jpt5.png

Liftoff acheived!

Spoiler

QyAjnSc.png

IT LIVES!

Spoiler

6WLbSAq.png

Spoiler

YPjxHSM.png

Barbie 1 approaching MECO.

Spoiler

3lYVQhI.png

Barbie 1 deploying parachutes.

Spoiler

OSKwVCQ.png

Returning to Kerbin.

Spoiler

4irmXSz.png

A perfect three-point landing!  Turns out a charcoal grill with a fire extinguisher duct-taped to the bottom has a self-righting low center of gravity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.