[KSP 1.12.2] Physics Range Extender v1.21.0 (04 Sep 2021)

jrodriguez

What point of "Kraken bug" do you not get?

It's not an optional thing! It shouldn't have to be toggled! It's shouldn't happen at all!

**EDIT**

Sorry for getting hostile. I'm just irritated.

Edited by Raptor22
*anger*

14 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

It's not an optional thing! It shouldn't have to be toggled! It's shouldn't happen at all!

**EDIT**

Sorry for getting hostile. I'm just irritated.

Thanks for your feedback. It has a simple solution though you just need  to uninstall it until you are happy with its state. 

Edited by jrodriguez

33 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

No, at the moment it is always active. I should a UI switch button. 

A request/suggestion:

Made a module which can be loaded, which checks to see how far the active vessel is.  Keep this active until igg gets too fat away, or this one lands and/or is destroyed. 

This would be very useful for dropping probes.

If you don't want to do that, would you mind if I use the code in a mod I'm writing do do suicide burns?

4 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

a post that comes directly after yours is not always necessarily directed at you. LGGs first post after your second post was asking the mod author if the mod functioned at all times. The author replied, and LGG asked another question about it. They didn't explicitly talk to each other using quotes so I see where you got confused but it's not really their responsibility to make it apparent either.

Edited by Drew Kerman

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

A request/suggestion:

Made a module which can be loaded, which checks to see how far the active vessel is.  Keep this active until igg gets too fat away, or this one lands and/or is destroyed. 

This would be very useful for dropping probes.

If you don't want to do that, would you mind if I use the code in a mod I'm writing do do suicide burns?

Let's speak privately to discuss what makes sense to have it in this mod or in a different one. 

I think to track the distance of each loaded vessels from the active vessel it is something that makes sense to have nside ( it would help also for debugging).

Also I'm very interested on that mod for dropping probes.

I have tested Mech Jeb and TCA together with PRE and even if they have managed to land a sub-orbital  vessel they fail when I try to deorbit and land more than one. 

What I want to be able to do is to be just walking on KSC, look at the sky and see 10 probes landing at the same time :)

Edited by jrodriguez

17 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

a post that comes directly after yours is not always necessarily directed at you. LGGs first post after your second post was asking the mod author if the mod functioned at all times. The author replied, and LGG asked another question about it. They didn't explicitly talk to each other using quotes so I see where you got confused but it's not really their responsibility to make it apparent either.

Sorry for getting hostile there. I was pretty ticked off because there was a lot of crap going on while I was posting that.

I shouldn't have taken my anger out here. My apologies.

21 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Thanks for your feedback. It has a simple solution though you just need  to uninstall it until you are happy with its state. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. While it lessened the effect, it was still present.

I'll try deleting the ModuleManager.physics file, which will force module manager to create a new one. Perhaps that'll help.

I'll let you know what happens.

Additionally, would you be able to add an in-game UI to allow us to change the distance? That way people who aren't so good with config files can easily change the range to that of their liking. It'd also (hopefully) allow you to change while playing. Say there's a lot of vessels. You don't want to quit the game to change the range just for one mission!

23 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm having a bug where the parts kind of vibrate in place. They just kind of jitter around, like one of those "intensifies" memes:

6f9.gif

It gets gradually more violent (over a long time), until it starts to become uncontrollable.

I have bd armory, and hyperedit, if that makes any difference.

It also affects different parts of the parts. For example, different parts of the kerbal's face will be shaking. If it's, say, one of the M230 machine guns from BD armory, the barrel and the mount will be shaking.

So I think I have finally manage to reproduce and to find the exact condition when the wobbling starts.
If you have a vessel landed (runway for example)
Then using HyperEdit you put a new vessel into orbit, that vessel will be wobbling.

However if you switch back to the landed vessel and you make the landed vessel to fly, then if you switch back to your orbiting vessel you will see how the wobbling stop.

I only mentioned that I have hyperedit. I don't have any problems with bringing it into orbit.

It doesn't happen when I use hyperedit (then again I haven't used it in a while.)

It happens simply after playing for a while. Especially after long missions. It starts vibrating more and more.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:52 PM, jrodriguez said:

So I think I have finally manage to reproduce and to find the exact condition when the wobbling starts.
If you have a vessel landed (runway for example)
Then using HyperEdit you put a new vessel into orbit, that vessel will be wobbling.

However if you switch back to the landed vessel and you make the landed vessel to fly, then if you switch back to your orbiting vessel you will see how the wobbling stop.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:54 PM, Raptor22 said:

I only mentioned that I have hyperedit. I don't have any problems with bringing it into orbit.

It doesn't happen when I use hyperedit (then again I haven't used it in a while.)

It happens simply after playing for a while. Especially after long missions. It starts vibrating more and more.

I have this problem as well. I uninstalled hyper edit and still didn't work, I then uninstalled this mod and it doesn't shake anymore.

1 minute ago, TonyTheTiger said:

I have this problem as well. I uninstalled hyper edit and still didn't work, I then uninstalled this mod and it doesn't shake anymore.

Shaking, lights flickering and phantom forces are all consequences of using an extended physics range. HyperEdit has nothing to do with it. 

On 5/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, jrodriguez said:

Shaking, lights flickering and phantom forces are all consequences of using an extended physics range. HyperEdit has nothing to do with it. 

And, that's what I was trying to say the whole time.

Still having issues, just to let you know. 

And, since it is a consequence of using PRE, could you try to fix it?

Edited by Raptor22

7 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

And, that's what I was trying to say the whole time.

Still having issues, just to let you know. 

And, since it is a consequence of using PRE, could you try to fix it?

Maybe I didn't explain my self good enough.

The issues that you are experiencing are expected  when using an extended physics range, and this mod allows to use extended ranges compared with the stock ranges defined in KSP. 

Basically, this is a Unity limitation that arise when going beyond the Floating number precision ( I can provide links that explain all these issues)  

So I can't do magic, but I'll implement some workarounds that can improve the experience a bit. 

Alright then.

It's a shame that even an engine like Unity has problems like this.

It seems that the only problems that I've reported to you have turned out to be issues with Unity.

Thank you for explaining this.

4 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Alright then.

It's a shame that even an engine like Unity has problems like this.

It seems that the only problems that I've reported to you have turned out to be issues with Unity.

Thank you for explaining this.

Yes, it is a pity. I spent two days investigating all these problems and finally I found this doc that explains everything very clearly. I really recommend to read it.

http://davenewson.com/posts/2013/unity-coordinates-and-scales.html

Edited by jrodriguez

BTW I will be releasing a new version of this mod very soon, with a new GUI that will allow to enable/disable the mod, change the ranges and also save your changes. Besides, I have done several code improvements that will improve the experience.

Edited by jrodriguez

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I found this doc that explains everything very clearly. I really recommend to read it.

That should be recommended reading for anyone using physics extender.   and well worth a read by anyone with more than a casual interest in the game or modding.

Cheers

22 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Yes, it is a pity. I spent two days investigating all these problems and finally I found this doc that explains everything very clearly. I really recommend to read it.

http://davenewson.com/posts/2013/unity-coordinates-and-scales.html

A little too technical for me (I mess with configs; I don't write entire lines of code. I can change a value here or there but that's really it), but I get the point: unity has its flaws, and this situation is one of them.

Perhaps less parts will help.

Hi all,

The new release 1.3.0 is here https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.3.0

Changelog:

= v1.3.0
- Added GUI to enable/disable the mod and adjust the ranges
- Several code improvements.
- Added license and readme files

Workaround when vessel shaking begins: click disable and then re-enable the mod.

Just now, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

The new release 1.3.0 is here https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.3.0

Changelog:

= v1.3.0
- Added GUI to enable/disable the mod and adjust the ranges
- Several code improvements.
- Added license and readme files

Workaround when vessel shaking begins: click disable and then re-enable the mod.

Ah, so that's what the problem with Vessel Mover moving objects in this mod, glad it's fixed now/

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

I find this mod useful, but it lags the crap out of my game.

I have a gaming computer too by the way, and 64 bit KSP. Before I added this mod, the game lagged a lot less. Help please.

Maybe the reason is because you are loading so many parts at the same time, you will need to reduce the range in order to keep the number of parts loaded under your computer limit.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.