jrodriguez

[KSP 1.3.x] Physics Range Extender v1.4.0

81 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bobbiac said:

So in theory, this mod would allow me to do SpaceX style recovery of stages, correct?

For that, you might find this mod better suited:
Even tho title says for KSP 1.1.0, at then end of the thread there are links for unofficial, working versions for latest versions of KSP

1 hour ago, bobbiac said:

So in theory, this mod would allow me to do SpaceX style recovery of stages, correct?

Yes, the extended range will allow to use other mods like Mechjeb or TCA to land a vessel remotely or even to do the ascent path remotely ( TCA support this, but Mechjeb doesn't)

I recommend to still on your active vessel until the maneuver is executed (deorbit burn for example) then you can switch to a landed vessel  or flying plane close to your landing target (to avoid collision to unloaded terrain) or you can just  switch to your first stage before landing. 

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

For that, you might find this mod better suited:
Even tho title says for KSP 1.1.0, at then end of the thread there are links for unofficial, working versions for latest versions of KSP

LinuxGuruGamer has taken up dev of this mod and has official releases for 1.3

Hey, for your SA, I'm not looking for help:

I was getting a glitch when I tried to rendezvous two vessels around Minmus. When I approached the old physics range (I think), both vessels were flung on an escape trajectory. Removing this mod solved the issue.

On 2017-6-27 at 10:41 PM, lolstock said:

Hey, for your SA, I'm not looking for help:

I was getting a glitch when I tried to rendezvous two vessels around Minmus. When I approached the old physics range (I think), both vessels were flung on an escape trajectory. Removing this mod solved the issue.

Thanks for the feedback, Would you mind opening an issue here https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/issues . I will try to reproduce it.

BTW you don't need to delete the mod, the mod has a button to disable/enable or changing the ranges.

Okay cool. I really do like having it, it's nice for tons of operations!