Can you put mods into folders in GameData?

Zerxal

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

The mods need to stay as is. Many mods rely on the proper directory or they won't work. Putting them into new folders will break almost everything

He's not wrong, many many mods use methods to reduce the total size. Even the simplest part mods these days use shared textures  and make use of the MODEL node  and in order for it to work correctly if at all,  every folder has to be without exception in the right place,

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

15 hours ago, PhysicsBrain said:

I have multiple types of mods, new engines, visual enhancements, etc. It'd be helpful if I could put them into folders in GameData. Will it mess up the mods, or just load everything normally?

Most mods I have seen come in folders. I have seen a few that does not, but only a few. If your mod files end up in a big pile in (the root of) the GameData folder, you are probably doing something wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.