Hi @Tr1gg3r, while Squad is not looking at updating Unity for 1.3 (localization) there's lots of bug fixes in the newer versions that Squad wants, it'll enable Squad to remove some workarounds and yes the newer GC is highly desirable.

There's quite a few changes to Mono's behavior between versions however so it'll require some work to make the jump.

7 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Hi @Tr1gg3r, while Squad is not looking at updating Unity for 1.3 (localization) there's lots of bug fixes in the newer versions that Squad wants, it'll enable Squad to remove some workarounds and yes the newer GC is highly desirable.

There's quite a few changes to Mono's behavior between versions however so it'll require some work to make the jump.

Hi Sal,

thx for response fella, yer im sure it wont be straight forward ( nothing ever is ) altho the previous engine changes seemed to go ok-ish.

i just wanted something positive to focus on, rather than the bickering about dlc etc, im sure y'all get upgrade done when you can. ( then the wait for mods to catch up )

ive not playd ksp since sept, i think, ive got alot of half finished games in various versions that i gave up on due to stutter etc , this isnt me moaning, just trying to explain what made me stop playing and why.

im sure you guys are itching to get hold of the upgrade, hopefully itll make things bit easier in long run.

leaves a bag o' luck for ya :wink:

Just to say that an upgrade to Unity is not a total win-win thing. 

The last upgrade took a long time, introduced numerous bugs and diverted nearly all developer effort for a long time. 

I think it might be better to let them get on with releasing a lot of new content for a while first. 

4 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Just to say that an upgrade to Unity is not a total win-win thing. 

The last upgrade took a long time, introduced numerous bugs and diverted nearly all developer effort for a long time. 

I think it might be better to let them get on with releasing a lot of new content for a while first. 

Thx for ur view, altho i disagree with last line.... GC cant cope with content as is, adding lots more probably isnt gonna help.( i know mods have their part to play in creating GC, not just squad)

but hey ho, Squad will work on what they want, when they want, regardless of our desires and thats fair enough tbh, its their game :wink:

i do agree game needs more content,( i cant play vanilla for eg) not doubting that at all, however i wont revisit ksp until i can get passed a mid-end game before it stutters to death. Lol then and only then would i even begin to consider Dlc etc but im not truly expecting an engine upgrade til next year, at least, as i know its alot of work and of course unity will probably introduce some new krakens :) then the wait for mods to catch up..... Sighs.

it is what it is..... I respect that other peoples views maybe diff from my own, its testament to a game that can be played in so many ways, but for now i'll slip back into the shadows and watch from afar.

fingers crossd.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.