Little things

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Don't know what 'distance' you refer to but the common UI elements are altitude and speed. 

With the visual indicators being the same as a navball. You can even see the indicators above and below the horizon. 

Only difference being that instead of showing the entire 3D sphere of rotation, it shows the portion in the front of the craft.  

No kidding? "Horizon" in *space* ???

Edited by Kenny Kerman

2 minutes ago, Kenny Kerman said:

No kidding?

No kidding. 

Aviators and astronauts have been using a 'nav-ball' or some alternative function of displaying their angle in respect to the horizon since the Wright Brothers. 

Clearly it's a functional device. Seeing as fighter jets, passenger airliners and spacecraft all use devices similar.

Your clearly after something else, I get that. Hence why people are supporting your mod idea. It's fresh, it's new and for those who work mostly on a fixed surface, it does render the nav-ball a bit more than they need. 

I'm just explaining why a nav-ball is used and how it works. 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Kerman said:

No kidding? "Horizon" in *space* ???

The 'horizon' is the planets edge or whatever body of reference your using. A planets curvature doesn't chance once in space. 

COuld you please leave me alone if you  din't get what I'm talking about? Do you know the difference between a route compass and a bearing compass? If not, you're just not knowing what I'm talking about : navigation. The navball is JUST a compass with a water level to show inclination. Now go play GPS and leave alone big people.

Edited by Kenny Kerman

6 hours ago, Kenny Kerman said:

COuld you please leave me alone if you  din't get what I'm talking about? Do you know the difference between a route compass and a bearing compass? If not, you're just not knowing what I'm talking about : navigation. The navball is JUST a compass with a water level to show inclination. Now go play GPS and leave alone big people.

Then help us understand. That's all we desire. 

I'm going to school to become an airline pilot- so if a nav-ball is so worthless compared to a sea compass (which is a simplified navball anyway), I should likely tell the FAA. I'm going to be the one transporting hundreds of people so if my understanding of aviation is wrong- I need to learn.

However clearly there's a disconnect. We can only help you understand if we understand where your coming from. 

I don't need to be helped to understand, I know what I'm talking about, as a qualified naval navigation instructor. Navball is a "compas de route", I want a "compas de relèvement". Doing a ergonomic altimeter, than showing you.

Edited by Kenny Kerman

The "mouse info" part doesn't make much sense honestly, why would you ever need heading to your MOUSE? Do pilots in real life have headings to their eyeballs? No.

For everything else just download the rasterprop monitor, and ASET instrumentation mods. It has every gaugue you'd ever want times 50. Specifically "flight systems redux", you can get pretty hardcore into it..., e.g.:

maxresdefault.jpg

There's even vintage apollo style options, without computer multipurpose displays:
Check out 2:36 on that video in particular.

This is currently what I get in my game right now with above mods and then some, for my Mk 1 plane cockpit for atmospheric flight:

Edited by Crimeo

Shut up. A pilot goes where he looks. And I'm not talking about that, you ignorant moron. You can fly without compass or GPS. And you can use a compass for positioning. Or to know where you have to go. Go play GPS and little toys. And did you evr land manually with a plane the KSC Runway without breaking nothing ? Or even made a carreer including planes....

AzOP

Edited by Kenny Kerman

33 minutes ago, Kenny Kerman said:

you ignorant moron. 

I think you're getting a bit too far, sir. Also implying that everyone who disagree with you is a kid, isn't helping you. If you don't want any posts here, ask the mods to close the thread, end of story. Geez.

Wait, so your point is you want a compass or something ingame (for navigational purposes). Haven't you already solved that?

Also, I think it is safe to say that the majority of people have in fact played the game to a degree so that they know what they are talking about....

Edited by qzgy

2 hours ago, Kenny Kerman said:

Shut up. A pilot goes where he looks. And I'm not talking about that, you ignorant moron. You can fly without compass or GPS. And you can use a compass for positioning. Or to know where you have to go. Go play GPS and little toys. And did you evr land manually with a plane the KSC Runway without breaking nothing ? Or even made a carreer including planes....

Yes we all have. Without an intrusment panel. I've landed on the top of the island runway tower, only glancing at the speedometer, and I bet a lot of other people have too. If you want to blatantly insult everyone who attempts to understand what you want, rename it to the "guess what I'm thinking, and if you're wrong, I insult you" thread and move it to forum games. Would you have a case of agoraphobia if you pressed F2?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

I don't care. I shouldn't have initiate this subject. You know the game, I know navigation and real flight in light planes. I did just want to suggest one little thing, easy to do, that I'm going to do. And also some other little things just useful to fly a plane without GPS, for example. I don't need nobody to do that. But if someone wants to see, juste ask. Later. You know? When I'll have some motivation to work for KSP.

You guys feel agressed because you don't understand what a noob (me) says, and you thought you knew everything on the game.

Edited by Kenny Kerman

Umm. No we don't. Going through the thread, can you quote me one person who was being agressive about your suggestion? Everyone was just asking for clarification or attempting to show you a solution based off "I want a compass on my mouse" and you insult them. You can't really pin this in on the  people who tried to help you.