Galileo's Planet Pack Workshop

JadeOfMaar

On 9/2/2017 at 2:56 AM, Yakvi said:

Moved DL to public folder. Hopefully it'll not expire. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulc2e5vlf2j1rw2/SETIcontractsGPP_v1.3.zip?dl=0

I think i found a couple issues with the latest version. There are still a couple references to kerbol and kerbals, and in the manned contracts, you have an otho landing contract lol. tis impossible, unless you want dead gaeleans lol I would change that to Tellumo BUT that would probably require a rewrite in another cfg as there arent any unmanned contracts for Tellumo for the requirements to be met.

also, if you are up to it, instead of Kosmonauts, which are mentioned a few times, you could change them to cironauts, as that is what we refer to them as.

@Galileo SETI contract pack repack for GPP updated to version 1.4 (download here). Changelog:

• Agent now uses GPP flag!
  • Replaced Otho with Gratian in unmanned missions. We want no Gaeleans landing on our gas giants.
  • Renamed cosmonauts and kosmonauts to cironauts
  • Introduced unmanned Tellumo missions. No manned counterpart for now.
  • Made another pass on kerbals and kerbol in descriptions. 

For additional references to anything kerbal, please give also the mission name/number. 

I have been getting into space planes lately and thought I would have a go at creating some Kramax flight plans for the runways at GSC. I am currently just doing a departure for runway 09 and landing guidance for runways 09 and 27. The departure was easy enough, but I am still tweaking the landings. Those mountains made the landing kind of difficult landing at runway 09, but I almost have it dialed in. I have also already done GSC RWY 09 and 27 as well for NavUtilities HSI that I will probably include. Should be ready in a couple days or something like that. 

aitKK1p.jpg

Well that went a lot quicker than I thought. I know this is pretty niche, but I hope this helps for anyone who is interested. The Kramax approaches are quite long, but they are really accurate and make landing a breeze imo. Let me know if there are any issues or if anyone would like a different approach for RWY 27(it is currently an approach from the west). 

Included are flight plans for Departure on RWY 09 and Landing on RWY's 09 and 27. Also custom NAVID's for RWY's 09 and 27 for NavUtilities Continued. Put them somewhere in your /GameData folder if you want. 

Kramax Auto-Pilot Flight Plans: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6rya1p7n30ap4i/GaelFlightPlans.cfg?dl=0

NavUtilities Continued Runways: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdg58hjbg1y2hlq/customRunways.cfg?dl=0

qCnlz1k.jpg

Edit: Updated flight plans in dropbox. Landing on RWY 09 is much smoother even with larger craft. 

Edited by chimpbone

Hey @JadeOfMaar, I think it's a great idea to include Career Evolution Contract Pack to the first post. It's been mentioned already a few times in the main thread. See this post: 

On 09/09/2017 at 7:44 PM, Norcalplanner said:

This mod is a great alternative to a full RP-type experience:

I'm currently using it in my GPP 2.5x career (which successfully migrated to GPP 1.5.1 last night) and having a lot of fun.  The only downside is that  you'll never get any missions for Niven, since it assumes that the home world is third from the sun.  Excellent in all other respects, though.

3 hours ago, Yakvi said:

The only downside is that  you'll never get any missions for Niven, since it assumes that the home world is third from the sun.  Excellent in all other respects, though. 

Do you think that could be fixed? I'm currently digging into the files to find out.

EDIT: I guess we could hard replace all references to Homeworld() with Gael. There even is a config file for the other destinations, which are called Mercury, Venus, Mars, Phobos, Deimos and Jupiter. I'll look into it.

Edited by Three_Pounds

3 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

Do you think that could be fixed? I'm currently digging into the files to find out.

EDIT: I guess we could hard replace all references to Homeworld() with Gael. There even is a config file for the other destinations, which are called Mercury, Venus, Mars, Phobos, Deimos and Jupiter. I'll look into it.

I haven't really looked at the code, but there's potentially a lot of stuff to fix, even if description-wise. For example, while I can understand Iota being called "Moon", missions like "Minmus X" leave no doubts. 

I could look at the code/descriptions myself, but probably not earlier than this weekend. I would say though that Homeworld()-style references are actually what gives this contract pack much of its flexibility. Better to leave them as is, and try to find references to inner planets. 

Overall, I'm a bit torn by this contract pack so far. It has a lot of things which are the mod great, like accounting for rescaling and such. However, it aims to be "Jack of all trades" type of mod: one contract pack to rule them all, and ends up being a bit generic.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, the Career Evolution pack has lost a bit of its luster. The further you get in your career, the less useful it seems. At this point I'm thinking about disabling it, since it never seems to do what I want it to do (like offer a contract for a new station core around a distant planet).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.