Galileo's Planet Pack Workshop

JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

there are? lol

Yes. I didn't specify how many. There's really just that mountaineer contract, and when I learn KK I might go wild with base building.

And then perhaps I'll talk to the maker of GAP: Giving Aircraft a Purpose...on Gael.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I have the Bases and stations contract pack and Tourism plus. Those work just as well as in stock. I do have some other packs too, but I don't remember which ones. We just moved and my computer is still packed away :(. Maybe tonight I finally get to install the GPP updates and launch my Tellumo rover!

Edited by Luovahulluus

Public Service Announcment: Updating Sigma Dimensions to v0.7.5 for Re-Scaled GPP systems

If anyone is using a re-scaled GPP system and has updated Sigma Dimensions to the recent v0.7.5 release, your EVE cloud altitudes are probably now all wacky and may seem very low. This is due to Sigma Dimensions now taking the landscape altitude multiplier into account when re-scaling the cloud altitudes.

To fix this, open your re-scale config (i.e. 2.5X.cfg or 3.2X.cfg etc.) and scroll down to where the node '@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL' is opened around Line 120 or so. There should be a line insider that node that says:

@altitude *= 'number'

... change the number in your config to 0.62, for example:

@altitude *= 0.62

... and save the config. All should now be fixed.

These changes have been committed to the GPP development but will not see the light of day until the next release is made so I thought that I should let everyone know the fix until that time.

Enjoy. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

New one to add to the Compatible list for contract packs: Kerbal Academy seems to be working fully.  I've been able to receive contracts for all the classes and for off world bodies.  Looking through the code of the pack itself I do not see anything that should throw it off either.

Unless someone else has run into something (been testing this for about 2 weeks) I think it can be safely added to the list now.

• 2 months later...

Station Science works pretty smoothly, apart from the contracts, they simply don't show up. However, after modifying StationScience.cfg to include GPP's planets everything started working without a hinch. 

Here's how I modified the file, feel free to suggest better challenge values!

planetChallenge: remove all the stock planets and replace with: 

planetChallenge
  {
    Icarus = 7 
    Thalia = 6
    Eta = 5
    Niven = 4
    Gael = 1
    Iota = 3
    Ceti = 3.5
    Tellumo = 6
    Gratian = 7
    Geminus = 7.5
    Otho = 8
    Augustus = 8.5
    Hephaestus = 8.5
    Jannah = 8.5
    Gauss = 9
    Loki = 9.5
    Catullus = 9.5
    Tarsiss = 11
    Nero = 15
    Hadrian = 13.5
    Narisse = 13.5
    Muse = 13.5
    Minona = 13.5
    Hox = 12
    Argo = 12.5
    Leto = 13
    Grannus = 13
  }

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed a bug in SETI-Contracts-Unmanned.cfg I've encountered yesterday. Quest 04.1 asks you to land near the monolith by creating a waypoint next to it. So fixing the coordinates should do the trick.

{
        name = WaypointGenerator
        type = WaypointGenerator

WAYPOINT
        {
            name = Black Monolith

icon = marker
            altitude = 100.0

latitude = 8.6587
            longitude = -168.2171
        }
    }

I'm not sure about the altitude since I'm using 10.6x rescale. 

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@MR L A I'm not working on this. :P Ask @Yakvi

Okay, thank you :)

On 14/08/2017 at 7:38 PM, Yakvi said:

I've been tinkering around SETI Unmanned before manned and adapted its contract pack it for GPP. It's just conversion from the major stock bodies to GPP bodies, but should do the trick. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni2kyp9rfa992rt/SETIcontractsGPP.zip?dl=0

Ahh, should have read slightly further up before I bothered @JadeOfMaar. I'm about to give it a test on my install :)

I edited the city lights for Gael that I did recently to a point where I am happy with them so I thought I'd upload them for anyone that wants to use them. They retain the same detail textures and config as included in Galileo's Gael City Lights, only the main alpha mask texture is different; therefore credit to Galileo's download for usage of the same public domain satellite imagery for those.

https://imgur.com/a/Xa6Zb <- Click the Link to view the Album.

Be sure to view the Imgur gallery screenshots in full-resolution to view the full effect.

In the transitional .gif below you can see where the City Lights are located on Gael's terrain, I tried to cluster the main areas of population around the coastal basins and river areas inland.

QuarrelsomeSilkyAmethystinepython.gif

Download can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p2mvwx4udvfs75/GaelCityLightsPoodEdition.zip?dl=0

For reference, Galileo's city lights can also be found here:

Edited by Poodmund

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Here's another new little thing. Resource distributions for Far Future Technologies: Antimatter, Liquid Deuterium, Liquid Helium 3, Liquid Hydrogen.

DOWNLOAD

why not add this to the base game?

On 8/18/2017 at 0:18 PM, Yakvi said:

Another small patch for SETI contract pack. Renamed Kerbals to Gaeleans in descriptions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42ypv3xrhf2t3zb/SETIcontractsGPP_v1.3.zip?dl=0

Just install it to GameData, overwrite if necessary.

The dl is down

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.