Fish Technologies Stock Craft Repository

@MiffedStarfish I have made my first 2nd Generation MIssile called the Penetrator. Ironically, I built it for area damage output. The missile could totally wreck your EX-7; it can beak through it's armor, leaving it less capable of firing accurate shots. In one instance, the missile tore a hole clean through the amazingly strong armor of the EX-7.

On 5/21/2017 at 2:00 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

How heavy is it? And punching holes through the Hyperion doesn't mean much, that happened once in a battle and it kept going.

I know that. Oh yeah, the missile is 7 tons, and it destroyed a gun pod.

Went and took the Hyperion out for a spin earlier today- that's one well-made ship.

It's got good looks and functionality, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to outright destroy it easily using some of my average military ship loadouts, so props to you for good armor and hull layout.

13 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Went and took the Hyperion out for a spin earlier today- that's one well-made ship.

It's got good looks and functionality, and despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to outright destroy it easily using some of my average military ship loadouts, so props to you for good armor and hull layout.

The hull is simple. A structural wing armor buffer covering a main single-plate armor.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

The hull is simple. A structural wing armor buffer covering a main single-plate armor.

I'm not referring to the armor layering, but to the shaping of the hull. Depending on how you shape your ship, different levels of stress and impact resistance will be present.

@MiffedStarfish has managed to make a ship that handles hard hits and impacts from projectiles designed to defeat armored hulls very well, while maintaining good aesthetics. Not everyone can achieve that (I myself have only made so many vessels that are truly difficult to severely damage, and normally not without bloating part count unnecessarily) while keeping the ship very functional, and the Hyperion nails that.

23 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

I'm not referring to the armor layering, but to the shaping of the hull. Depending on how you shape your ship, different levels of stress and impact resistance will be present.

@MiffedStarfish has managed to make a ship that handles hard hits and impacts from projectiles designed to defeat armored hulls very well, while maintaining good aesthetics. Not everyone can achieve that (I myself have only made so many vessels that are truly difficult to severely damage, and normally not without bloating part count unnecessarily) while keeping the ship very functional, and the Hyperion nails that.

Not anymore. I have a new top-secret anti-@MiffedStarfish missile technology that is so obvious, no one has ever used it.

@ScriptKitt3h Thanks! I didn't even intend for the Hyperion to see action originally, but with the weight of ships most people are building now, its probably going to become the main ship of my fleet.

In other news, here is my Latest creation, a I-Beam battery that's hooked up to 2 sets of stock hinges, fully articulating it. It's not much right now, but with the uptdated to 1.3 it should be able to track targets and be fireable from the main ship, effectively making it a automatic anti fighter cannon.

12 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Joseph Kerman I don't think I'm the one who needs to work on their armour, a single I-Beam from my useless turret did this to a Wasp.

CZquBaN.jpg

Qog8WLX.jpg

IEsrTIX.jpg

The cockpit, both engines and half the fuel is gone.

I am already developing  counter-Miffed missiles AND armor.

Was the damage consistent, though? Even my new missile destroyed the Hyperion twice; the rest disfiguring the ship, making it less of an efficient warship.

Edited by Joseph Kerman

Why do you only try and develop things against me, and more specifically the EX-7? I'm not the only person in the naval battle club, and you will be screwed when the tournament gets started. :) Can I see pictures of your new missile, and the damage it is dealing to the Hyperion? 

About my planes, I probably should put them here, thanks for reminding me. I have 3 I built for X-plane of the day though, and I'm not sure if I would be viaolating a unspoken non-disclosure agreement posting them before  their feature.

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Why do you only try and develop things against me, and more specifically the EX-7? I'm not the only person in the naval battle club, and you will be screwed when the tournament gets started. :) Can I see pictures of your new missile, and the damage it is dealing to the Hyperion? 

About my planes, I probably should put them here, thanks for reminding me. I have 3 I built for X-plane of the day though, and I'm not sure if I would be viaolating a unspoken non-disclosure agreement posting them before  their feature.

Since you have the toughest armor I know, I am testing my anti-Miffed missile on you. The EX-7 is a very tough nut to crack, so breaching that means I am one step closer to be on your level. And the others have more disorganized repositories.

I might do so, later.

Thanks, if you are looking to test your missiles, as well as the EX-7, I would reccomend trying out @ScriptKitt3h's NX-16 Defiance picket ship. It has incredible armour, I test all my missiles against it. The only kills I have got on it are by gutting the engine section or just repeated pummelling it with I-Beams, its structure seems invincible, and its internals have redundant backups, its the most resilient ship I've tested against.

01EEodq.jpg

Here it is after being hit by 12 I-Beams and the precursor to the G3 Torpedo. It's still alive, having missiles, both engines, control and one fuel tank.

I think you can find it here, and it's good to test against different armour style built by different people, you can learn a lot about how to build.

Attempt #1 with my totally untested missile. Yeah, the ship survived, but will you use it? After impact, I refused to test the weapons and engines because I risk damaging it further.

@MiffedStarfish You have to best work on your armor layout. I believe you have never encountered such damage.

Edited by Joseph Kerman

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

That is a problem with the EX-7, but it's easy to fix, in battle, I just need to right click the parts and autostrut them. So yeah, I would still use it. Actually, could you send me the persist? I'd like to inspect the damage.

Um, I never would expect someone to inspect the damage, but it's coming up, @MiffedStarfish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.