Is my lab working well?

I have created my first science lab in my career mode. But it seems that it doesn't work or something. Like wiki says:

Each unique experiment can produce data for a given lab module only once, but a duplicate experiment can be taken to another lab and processed there.

but:

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAKgmD9DUGCRm0J1Oxhs39

.eJwFwdsNhCAQAMBeKICVN9gNQYJGZQm7xo_L9e7

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vVjVY

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cAAKMix4G4IEzbQltGYfy-6

.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cADKQ6X1NgQJGpUSqPFjs3d

Of course this are the first samples processed since this vessel construction.
I am relatively noob in the game. I have not understand the mechanic or something?

Thx in advance :)

My versions:

kerbal 1.2.2

con mods:

mechjeb
  Newest File: MechJeb 2.6.0 for KSP 1.2.2

KAS
  Newest File: KAS v0.6.2
KIS
  Newest File: KIS v1.4.3
DMP
  ultima version 2.4.2

Edited by xisec

On 31/03/2017 at 1:39 PM, FancyMouse said:

on Kerbin surface there's a penalty of 0.1x multiplier

Are you sure of this exact multiplier, across the board for all experiments processed to data on Kerbin? (Regardless of where they originated from, etc.)

I rewrote and augmented the MPL wiki page the other day, so will add this figure in too (especially if you can reference the figure, or demonstrate it well).

Do you know of any other similar processing multipliers that should go in this section: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mobile_Processing_Lab_MPL-LG-2#Data_Value

1 hour ago, Z3R0Gravitas said:

Are you sure of this exact multiplier, across the board for all experiments processed to data on Kerbin? (Regardless of where they originated from, etc.)

I rewrote and augmented the MPL wiki page the other day, so will add this figure in too (especially if you can reference the figure, or demonstrate it well).

Do you know of any other similar processing multipliers that should go in this section: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mobile_Processing_Lab_MPL-LG-2#Data_Value

LargeCrewedLab.cfg, ModuleScienceLab, homeworldMultiplier = 0.1

Roverdude specifically mentioned that in one of the early threads that clarify the mechanism. It's only for landed on Kerbin, across all experiments, to encourage launching the lab. I don't know for splashed down/flying, though. Definitely Kerbin orbit is not subject to this multiplier.

Other multiplier for data. There's a same-body bonus, and also a surface bonus, which occur in .cfg file as ContextBonus = 0.25 and SurfaceBonus = 0.1. Based on my memory (I vaguely remember my Minmus gravity scan on surface give me 124 data), it seems to be composing as (1+bonus)*(1+bonus).

Suborbital would probably work too. But if you're going to go to the effort to get it that high, you might as well just put it in orbit permanently. As long as it is up there you can keep converting experiments into data.

On 04/04/2017 at 6:15 AM, FancyMouse said:

LargeCrewedLab.cfg

Ah, handy. I didn't know those config files existed. Pretty useful to reference. :-)

On 04/04/2017 at 6:15 AM, FancyMouse said:

I don't know for splashed down/flying, though.

I've done some quick testing and found:

• In flight at any altitude (in atmosphere, sub-orbital, whatever) counts for dispensing with the 0.1x Kerbin surface multiplier.
  • In the water (splashed down) counts as landed (with same 0.1x multiplier).
  • Kerbin still gets the +10% bonus data conversion factor for being on a surface. (Check by returning with high value experiments from Ike.)
  • Confirmed +25% bonus for being in same SOI as experiment's origin (regardless of surface or orbital location).
  • On 04/04/2017 at 6:15 AM, FancyMouse said:

it seems to be composing as (1+bonus)*(1+bonus).

Yes, so, for processing on a (non Kerbin) surface, bonus multiplier = 1.1*1.25 = 1.375. (For experiments taken on or around that body.)

One minor thing I don't understand is why the game sometimes rounds fractional amounts of data (e.g. [something].5) up or down, seems inconsistent. Not overly important though.

Haven't checked up on asteroids at all, as yet...

Thanks for the replies, people. I also made a post in general discussion asking for people to check my major changes to the MPL wiki page, so if anyone here is able to give any feedback on the rest of that, there, that'd be great too. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.