KSP Weekly: Farewells and new beginnings

SQUAD

8 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

those textures need more fidelity like porkjet if they expect me to pay real money

Whatever. You can buy it or not, I'm not bothered one way or the other. Me, I think the new parts look great so I'll buy it.

6 minutes ago, Hotaru said:

Whatever. You can buy it or not, I'm not bothered one way or the other. Me, I think the new parts look great so I'll buy it.

It amazes me to no end how the community was so critical of porkjets beautiful overhaul when it was first revealed yet they'll take lower quality parts like these and even pay extra for them without a fight it's absolutely appalling.

Love how detailed the dev notes have been of late, really nice to get that little peek into the inner workings. The pics are a nice treat. Really looking forward to getting my hands on those new parts

P.s. I for one am happy to pay for kerbal dlc keep em coming and I'll keep buying

Edited by MaxPrime

6 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

lower quality parts like these

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect me to jump on the anti-Roverdude bandwagon: I don't think these parts are lower quality, and I'm perfectly happy to "agree to differ" on the subject.

11 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

without a fight

There's no need for a fight: if you don't like them, don't buy them. With as many nice freeware mods out there as there are that add similar parts, if the new DLC isn't up to snuff it's doomed to failure no matter what you or I or any other single customer happens to think of it. (Or at least doomed for the next one to fail, once we all buy this one and are disappointed.) Just don't expect me to not buy the DLC based on your opinion.

Well @sal_vager, It's been one hell of a ride. :) You've been here through the good times and the bad, and for that you will always be remembered as a hero. A firefighter, so to speak. I'm sad to see you go, but I also can't say I didn't expect this to come sooner or later. I wish you best of luck on your future endeavors. Take care man o7

Edited by Avera9eJoe

@sal_vager  Good luck mate.  Sorry to see you go no matter how many times we butted heads :)

As far as the art discussion.  Other than the drum barrel and mainsail( FOR THE LOVE OF TOAST JUST LET ROVER DUDE REMAKE THOSE TWO PARTS)  I don't really give a hoot about the art.  what I do love is all the really super duper awesome idea's @RoverDude has brought to the game both as a dev and as a mod maker.   I have disagreed with the Devs a lot but the only time I ever disagreed with RoverDude was when he was new to the forum and he did not like how I had set up my challenge.  He almost got banned for it too.:wink:  He is not the only great contributor but he really has been great for the game.  Whether they unify the art to RoverDude-alike or Porkjet-alike or nothing-alike  I don't care.   I still love the game and hope the expansion is a big hit.

You know what I would love more than unified art.  A roadmap.  There are a lot of things on peoples wish list. (like waypoint manager) it would be nice to see a general plan for where we are going with the main game and what future DLC there may be.  It would help set expectations to realistic.  So when individual pet mods or added content don't happen there is not a frozen goose dropping wrist rocket war. 

I can't imagine @sal_vager leaving being an April fools thing. Too elaborate. Or I'm just gullible. Sent him a PM.

Rest of the update: thank you Squad for your continued support but remember: don't forget the competition. You guys really need to gear up if you want to keep your position in the gaming industry. A DLC is not enough.

And I'm repeating my request for a hollow 1.875m part. Would be awesome.

Edited by Azimech

Looks Fine. the drawings (Dont look like real models so far) look cool. But, Rockets with Pillars built in at the side ?

Should we look forward if anyone can implement marble texture on em so we can redo some Roman Temple style Rocketry (if the Roman empire would still live on today)

new parts (5 meter and Soyus-inspired booster) cool. i can reduce the mods i'd have to load by...... one. 

I hope this will be in sum somewhat more that 'takemodel-divideby3.75-multiplywith5' ...Anyway its free for me indeed.

6 hours ago, passinglurker said:

It amazes me to no end how the community was so critical of porkjets beautiful overhaul when it was first revealed yet they'll take lower quality parts like these and even pay extra for them without a fight it's absolutely appalling.

I would not consider the way Chris and his work was bashed in that thread a high point for this community.   

@sal_vager I sincerely hope your example of attitude and style regarding forum moderation persists in the wake of your departure. Best of luck in whatever and wherever you go.

Everything else in the OP remains "wait and see", however since we are finally passing through to the other side of the 'localisation doldrums', I quietly look forward to more definitive feature improvements and art passes.

Oh, and one more thing: @sal_vager, it's probably appropriate for you to NOT turn out the lights when you leave. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.