KSP Weekly: Farewells and new beginnings

SQUAD

I use real looking engines exclusively, on an old computer, and the parts I use have variant textures, and the ability to cluster the realistic looking engines, as well as change the mount style (SSTU). My performance is fine, on a 2010 computer.

2.5mcomp.png

3.75mcomp.png

Which do you like better (note that the stock 3.75m tank has a decent tank butt, while all the smaller stock tanks are flat on the bottom).

Edited by tater

1 minute ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Yep. That's how they make you want to buy it.

Hmm. I don't like that. I'm not so excited for the ability to make missions as much as new parts. 

@Badie: Could there be a possibility to buy the new parts but not the expansion itself for a lower price?

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Could there be a possibility to buy the new parts but not the expansion itself for a lower price?

I agree.  The price they've stated for this expansion is just way too high.

2 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

A price has been stated?

Well, there must have been, right?

I've seen so many posts about how this expansion isn't worth the money, so someone must know how much they're going to charge for it, right?

I don't know what all these people complaining about...hell no...Go RoverDude you da man!!!  \,,/ 

And yes squad....Charge for that DLC! Let em complain

Edited by Redneck

I'd support giving folks the option for pure DLC (new parts only) at half the price of the full expansion, whenever that price is decided. (Setting prices is an art form. A parts-only package would probably NOT be half price; they would choose a number where many would hopefully think: "for just a little bit more, I could have the whole thing.")

KW Rocketry will go out of business with these new parts! Great work guys!

Also, in the words of Alexander Graham Bell, "When one door close, another opens." The original team will be dearly missed, but this is a new day, a day where @Porkjet is the part creator. Gone are the Alpha parts and the Beta parts, these are the days of faster computers, new process-saving strategies, and most importantly, Pork-alike parts. RIP Harvester Era, Long Live KSP!

18 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Hmm. I don't like that. I'm not so excited for the ability to make missions as much as new parts. 

@Badie: Could there be a possibility to buy the new parts but not the expansion itself for a lower price?

We will let you know more about in the upcoming months but I don´t think so 

Enjoy your travels @sal_vager!

In other news, that sounded a lot like dynamic texture loading, which would imply lower memory usage and faster startup. If that's the case then I am stoked. That's probably been the top of my "desired features" list since I first started playing with mods. I've got 32GB of RAM so reduced usage doesn't matter so much to me anymore, but faster loading would make developing mods much simpler since quick tests won't require nearly as much waiting around.

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

In other news, that sounded a lot like dynamic texture loading, which would imply lower memory usage and faster startup. 

I read that into it, too :D

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

I've got 32GB of RAM so reduced usage doesn't matter so much to me anymore

I don't :( 

On 01/04/2017 at 3:25 AM, Hotaru said:

-Snip

I don't know, the new parts look fine to me. I think they're a good middle ground between realistic and "kerbal." Are they exactly the way I'd have had them done? No...

...(Although if someone were to go back and redo the ancient 1.25 and 2.5m parts, I wouldn't complain too loudly.)

I second that

@sal_vager

I'm going to miss you man. You've helped me out many a-time and I'm sad to see you leave the team. But the only constant is change, and I wish you the best in what ever comes next for you. And thanks for following my profile here, I've always thought it was really cool to have a dev do that even though I'm not that prevalent on the forums anymore. Your poems will be greatly missed; Baxter will eat an entire wheel of cheese in your honor tonight.

Your friend,

Ron Burgundy

Edited by fireblade274

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.