Adding cities and airports/spaceports to kerbal

I had an idea of adding building that would be in the game usually used for the career mode. Like for tourism you could actually do fight to city and airports to get cash, and you need to do it in a certain time to get cash. and adding cities to show kerbal has a population at least 

18 minutes ago, Hallahan said:

I had an idea of adding building that would be in the game usually used for the career mode. Like for tourism you could actually do fight to city and airports to get cash, and you need to do it in a certain time to get cash. and adding cities to show kerbal has a population at least 

Try asking modders. The devs won't care about adding those decorations.

On 01/04/2017 at 10:51 AM, egoego said:

I don't feel like it does really fit into the Space Programm theme of KSP to have commercial air flights in it. It's like asking NASA to do American Airlines' job.

NASA also doesn't do space tourism. It's the private companies that do. And since KSP's career mode is this incoherent mishmash of national and private space agencies then I see no reason why shouldn't there be airliner missions.

Kerbin does really feel like it should have some kind of villages or cities dotted about the planet.  They could be completely non-functional things, and more simplified representations rather than realistic cities .. especially at a distance.  Then the demands on the graphic-card aren't too bad.

Then a) Kerbin would feel more like a planet of people and societies that are *capable* of building a KSC and a Space Program, and b) it wouldn't be so much more work for modders to add some kind of airport expansions and missions. 

This way Squad don't have to do all the work for something that is a little tangential to the game.  Adding a few cities feels like a good fit, and adding airports and missions can be left to the modders.

5 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Oh yeah? Tons and tons of people run Kerbinside, adding tons and tons of airports, launchsites, and helicopter pads

exactly, also to that note that their should have programs like super sonic jets for airports like the Concorde 

12 hours ago, Hallahan said:

exactly, also to that note that their should have programs like super sonic jets for airports like the Concorde 

To be frank, I'd really prefer a whole new game about space/airplanes only. There already are people who dislike the fact that KSP has so many good-looking spaceplane parts and would rather see more space station modules in the game. I'm not one of them, because I love spaceplanes, but at the same time I tend to spend a lot of time building them instead of flying rockets and so do the guys from BDA and FAR challenge and showcase threads.

Edited by Veeltch

12 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Oh yeah? Tons and tons of people run Kerbinside, adding tons and tons of airports, launchsites, and helicopter pads

Those are far smaller than full sized cities.  Even kerbin city, when it was working, was  something many people could not run, and that was just one half-complete city.  

Now, just some terrain scatter hobbit holes could serve this purpose pretty well, and it fits in with the kerbals live underground headcannon some of the devs have.  If we could have full sized cities, I would love it.

37 minutes ago, Rath said:

Those are far smaller than full sized cities.  Even kerbin city, when it was working, was  something many people could not run, and that was just one half-complete city.  

Now, just some terrain scatter hobbit holes could serve this purpose pretty well, and it fits in with the kerbals live underground headcannon some of the devs have.  If we could have full sized cities, I would love it.

I thought you were talking about just other runways and stuff, not entire cities

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.