[WIP-PROTO] Dark Days - Eternal Black.

daniel l.

Just now, electricpants said:

It seems the mod doesn't want to load.

I've tried twice and reinstalled the mod too, but the game still refuses to load any aspect of DD-EB.

Help, @daniel l.?

Did the folder in the zip go straight into gamedata? Are you using the proper version of KSP? Is Kopernicus installed?

1 minute ago, daniel l. said:

Did the folder in the zip go straight into gamedata? Are you using the proper version of KSP? Is Kopernicus installed?

Wait, I put the .zip file into the GameData folder, not the contents? NVM , yes, I did do that.

(And yea, I have Kopernicus installed and I play KSP 1.2.2 on x64)

Edited by electricpants

18 hours ago, daniel l. said:

There is a bigass moon in the vicinity of Tenebris.

Gaseous moon?

I like the idea of planets being visible but moons not. The SOIs must be really big, though, so that there's a chance of finding them. Things like the navball and map might help you realize when you've been captured by one. I assume you found out how to hide them in Kopernicus?

I really should play this at some point. I wonder how scary the dark can really be...

2 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Gaseous moon?

I like the idea of planets being visible but moons not. The SOIs must be really big, though, so that there's a chance of finding them. Things like the navball and map might help you realize when you've been captured by one. I assume you found out how to hide them in Kopernicus?

I really should play this at some point. I wonder how scary the dark can really be...

I'm going to warn you, Turtle: It can get Really Scary.

:wink:

Like I said before, one thing you should do is completely change the role of doing science - by having a bunch of detailed reports for small biomes. So instead of the get-there-get-points attitude of Stock and most science mods, you need to carefully explore every corner of the bodies and the text is interesting, but once you do that you have more science than you will need.

The star against the black, Neverending void is... Stunning. #harenaeiseveconfirmed. Being serious, That planet has eve-level amounts of difficulty.
Mostly pardoned by the fact that (Bug report incoming): The center of lift does not work in the SPH. It shows up, But it appears as if you have no wings. Quite annoying for SSTO-fans.

1 hour ago, kjack1111 said:

The star against the black, Neverending void is... Stunning. #harenaeiseveconfirmed. Being serious, That planet has eve-level amounts of difficulty.

Is that good or bad? Btw, how did you get there? Did you make the 100yr flight? Or just hyperedit?

Cheat menu ;P And yes, it's good. I've also happened to notice that tenebris has no atmosphere, making recovering a spacecraft... Challenging. It feels really weird to do a mun-style landing for your homeworld. Then again, It is a ice planet, so...

16 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

Cheat menu ;P And yes, it's good. I've also happened to notice that tenebris has no atmosphere, making recovering a spacecraft... Challenging. It feels really weird to do a mun-style landing for your homeworld. Then again, It is a ice planet, so...

Yep. DD-EB is not for noobs... NFNBS. I would recommend not launching anyone important early-game. Not until you've researched better thrusters. (Once career mode comes to reality of course.)

Edited by daniel l.

Attempted a mission to Hekim in my career save, and it's looking pretty good! (although I can't see a thing except for the lights, and I ran out of fuel on the descent :P)

Spoiler

screenshot86.png?dl=1

screenshot88.png?dl=1

screenshot89.png?dl=1

screenshot90.png?dl=1

So now Geoffry's waiting for a rescue mission to send all the science back to Tenebris!

25 minutes ago, EricL said:

Attempted a mission to Hekim in my career save, and it's looking pretty good! (although I can't see a thing except for the lights, and I ran out of fuel on the descent :P)

Hide contents

screenshot86.png?dl=1

screenshot88.png?dl=1

screenshot89.png?dl=1

screenshot90.png?dl=1

So now Geoffry's waiting for a rescue mission to send all the science back to Tenebris!

Awesome! Just wait till I add all the small moons. They will be small enough to be difficult to find, and it will ensure there will potentially always be something new. :wink:

4 hours ago, daniel l. said:

PROTO - 0.02 is released!

Added new planet.

Made Kerbal's grey skinned (Millions of years in darkness would negate the need for pigmentation.)

Added pitch-black skybox.

Awsome! I'd assume that texturereplacer is needed? (I already installed that out of gut-feeling)

5 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

It's built in. :) I dunno if that's legal or not though.

Check the liscense. AFAIK INAL (I'm not a lawyer), If it says you can redistribute but you can't edit things, then you can. Also, "Onur was once our home to" Lmao. Time to make a journey there. Whats the average height on onur?
Tenebris has kerbins description.

Edited by kjack1111
Error. Was fixed.

7 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

Whoops, I didn't remember the description of onur on-full. Fixed it.

I forgot to finish the Onur description for the 0.02 release. Don't worry. 0.03 will have it. As well as many other things! :)

More planets? Gimme.
Lombri is a brown dwarf, right? If so, Then the kerbals could pump tonnes of hydrogen into it. However, this is the heat death of the universe we've talking about, So the kerbal's couldn't afford that? (Minus the fact that kerbals can do basically infinite launches.) A thing they can do if we're going sci-fi (I love sci-fi) Is they could somehow harness the imaginary particals (Particals and anti-particals pop into and annihilate eachother near-instantaniously all the time) and create hydrogen from scratch. Entropy could've slown this down though, who knows?

OR they could star lift the hydrogen of haven, But that would be counter-intuitive unless lombri was REALLY close to being a star.

Making hydrogen. (If you get the reference i love you)

Edited by kjack1111

22 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

More planets? Gimme.
Lombri is a brown dwarf, right? If so, Then the kerbals could pump tonnes of hydrogen into it. However, this is the heat death of the universe we've talking about, So the kerbal's couldn't afford that? (Minus the fact that kerbals can do basically infinite launches.) A thing they can do if we're going sci-fi (I love sci-fi) Is they could somehow harness the imaginary particals (Particals and anti-particals pop into and annihilate eachother near-instantaniously all the time) and create hydrogen from scratch. Entropy could've slown this down though, who knows?

OR they could star lift the hydrogen of haven, But that would be counter-intuitive unless lombri was REALLY close to being a star.

Making hydrogen. (If you get the reference i love you)

Lomiri is a dim Y-Class brown dwarf. It does not emit light, though it can be pretty warm in the atmosphere.

Sorry, I do not get the reference. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.