[WIP-PROTO] Dark Days - Eternal Black.

daniel l.

A funny implication:
The kerbals can seemingly launch a infinite amount of rockets. This means they have a infinite amount of Liquid Fuel.
Going on a limb and saying that the LF is liquid hydrogen, They have a infinite amount of liquid hydrogen.
If they kerbals let that boil off into containers, They have a infinite amount of hydrogen.
If they can miniturize the liquid-fuel generators they have, put it on a ship, and put it in orbit around lombri, And somehow get the evaporating hydrogen to go straight to the surface, Then over time, They could get a free star.

Just a funny thing i realized.

9 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

A funny implication:
The kerbals can seemingly launch a infinite amount of rockets. This means they have a infinite amount of Liquid Fuel.
Going on a limb and saying that the LF is liquid hydrogen, They have a infinite amount of liquid hydrogen.
If they kerbals let that boil off into containers, They have a infinite amount of hydrogen.
If they can miniturize the liquid-fuel generators they have, put it on a ship, and put it in orbit around lombri, And somehow get the evaporating hydrogen to go straight to the surface, Then over time, They could get a free star.

I think LFO is supposed to be kerosene and liquid oxygen. Hydrogen engines get much higher exaust velocities 400-460s 

11 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

A funny implication:

It's Lomiri by the way :P

Anyway, that poses a slight problem, where are they getting all that fuel?? perhaps I should make LFO like Ore, all the tanks start empty, and cannot be filled in VAB, the player would have to go out on the frozen planes of Tenebris, and drill for ore, then deliver it to the waiting rocket.

Just now, daniel l. said:

It's Lomiri by the way :P

Anyway, that poses a slight problem, where are they getting all that fuel?? perhaps I should make LFO like Ore, all the tanks start empty, and cannot be filled in VAB, the player would have to go out on the frozen planes of Tenebris, and drill for ore, then deliver it to the waiting rocket.

Oh dear god no please no.

Just now, kjack1111 said:

Oh dear god no please no.

You start out with all the equipment necessary for resource mining and surface exploration, complete with Bio-Lights. The KSC cannot do anything more than build your craft, you must build the remaining infrastructure yourself! :D 

Makes sense. However, That would turn a lot of a people off due to the difficulty of doing so. (Certantly not me.)

8 minutes ago, torchard96 said:

I think LFO is supposed to be kerosene and liquid oxygen. Hydrogen engines get much higher exaust velocities 400-460s 

It's practically implied that the KSC has a infinite amount of electricity. This means that if they work at it enough, They can seperate the hydrogen from the carbon molecules. Thus, Infinite hydrogen.
(There are also mods that add cryo engines, and basically the KSC has a infinite amount of resources.) Check (mate?)

37 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

You start out with all the equipment necessary for resource mining and surface exploration, complete with Bio-Lights. The KSC cannot do anything more than build your craft, you must build the remaining infrastructure yourself! :D 

That's beautiful.

4 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Are solar panels still a thing for 5he Haven system? And how many planets do you plan on adding? What are they like?

Can't spoil everything now, can I? :P

Solar Panels will work though. :)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, electricpants said:

2 more things, will the bio-lights be compatible with KIS so I can put them on my poor kerbals' backs so they can have a bit of light? And when will the spoopy soundtrack editor music come along?

Soon enough, maybe tomorrow, :wink: or maybe not, so be aware. :)

Also, how's about a suggestion?

How about EVA Helmet lights take away from 'Suit EC', which lets you, well, turn on the Helmet lights, and maybe have it needed to use the jetpack and any fuel it has?

And maybe you could get more 'Suit EC' from your ship's fuel reserves, which you can then mine for some more afterwards?

I know, it's a bit complicated, but hey, isn't that what this mod's supposed to be? :P

Edited by electricpants

1 minute ago, electricpants said:

Also, how's about a suggestion?

How about EVA Helmet lights take away from 'Suit EC', which lets you, well, turn on the Helmet lights, and maybe have it needed to use the jetpack and any fuel it has?

And maybe you could get more 'Suit EC' from your ship's fuel reserves, which you can then mine for some more afterwards?

I know, it's a bit complicated, but hey, isn't that what this mod's supposed to be? :P

It is actually quite complicated, suit lights don't naturally even seem to give an option. So I may have to find someone who can make a plugin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

I feel tempted to continue development on this. I can create kopernicus planets, but the problem is i can't hand-draw textures.

You don't need to. I've been doing procedural planets lately, and they seem way better than the Kittopia-SpaceEngine hybrids I've been doing up to now.

(And I can't hand-draw textures easily due to the fact that I'm not an artist :P)

Go ahead if you want. :)

Though I believe @Gameslinx is already doing all the past/future planet packs.

BTW, @Gameslinx perhaps you should make a mod that goes back to when Kerbol was a protostar. Perhaps settle the Kerbals on some early planet that was habitable but eventually got destroyed, perhaps colliding with the Proto-Eve or something. Or maybe even give the Kerbals interstellar origins and settle them on an asteroid.

17 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Go ahead if you want. :)

Though I believe @Gameslinx is already doing all the past/future planet packs.

BTW, @Gameslinx perhaps you should make a mod that goes back to when Kerbol was a protostar. Perhaps settle the Kerbals on some early planet that was habitable but eventually got destroyed, perhaps colliding with the Proto-Eve or something. Or maybe even give the Kerbals interstellar origins and settle them on an asteroid.

Launching from a asteroid would be fun, but placing the space center would be difficult. Maybe a *very* small dwarf planet?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.