The Extraction Challenge!

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Vinhero100 No you don't, all you need is a screenshot of you landed with both scientists back on the runway completely stopped.

ok, thanks!

-oh, and does the craft have to return undamaged, or can it return with a few bumps and scratches but with everyone alive?

Edited by Vinhero100

4 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

1: your time starts the moment you lift off the ground, and ends the moment you come to a stop on the same section of runway you spawned on. (After picking up the scientists, obviously)

@Numerlor that was exactly the sort of custom built craft I was looking for when I started that challenge, well done! That's the "where we're going, we don't need runways" bonus, and I have awarded you -5 seconds for doing it in style, but as it says here in the rules, you had to land back on the Same section of runway you spawn on. As you could have quite easily have just kept turning and landing, I think instead of making you do the entire run again I will give you a penalty of 15 seconds, giving you a time of 1:21. Let me know if you think the penalty is  unfair, I'm just trying to balance up the entry's so they all have to go the same distance. I have added you to the leaderboard.

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:
@Numerlor that was exactly the sort of custom built craft I was looking for when I started that challenge, well done! That's the "where we're going, we don't need runways" bonus, and I have awarded you -5 seconds for doing it in style, but as it says here in the rules, you had to land back on the Same section of runway you spawn on. As you could have quite easily have just kept turning and landing, I think instead of making you do the entire run again I will give you a penalty of 15 seconds, giving you a time of 1:21. Let me know if you think the penalty is  unfair, I'm just trying to balance up the entry's so they all have to go the same distance. I have added you to the leaderboard.

oh, didn't notice that I have to land at start, I'll try this tommorow because it is pretty hard to just land on vab and takeoff and that penalty is reasonable

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Vinhero100 No you don't, all you need is a screenshot of you landed with both scientists back on the runway completely stopped.

How do I send the screenshot?

Finally finished it! And exactly at 5 minutes! I could probs do better, but all of my VTOL attempts, short of the last one, failed. If I try hard enough, I might be able to do it with a plane. Actually, can I enter two ships? One VTOL and one plane? I'm already getting ideas for the plane. Also, I would like to know if the JetSounds mod will put me on the modded leaderboard. All of the parts I use are stock, but JetSounds changes the sound of the jet engines (which, imo, should be stock) and changes the thrust values of some engines to match the real world counterparts. From my test, the engines I use don't have any noticeable changes in thrust. The only engine that gets a massive boost from that mod is the Goliath engine. That's the only mod I have that edits a stock part, and no other mods I have mess with the physics.

Extraction Challenge!

Pilot: Jeb

Crew: 2 Scientists

Time: 2:28 seconds

Time Shorteners: (Thinking out side the box -10) (I think)

Total time: 2:18

Craft: Banana VTOL Car (VTOL Car)

Edited by Vinhero100
Got It!

6 minutes ago, Vinhero100 said:

How do I post anything on here without using Imgur?!! this is annyoying I will edit the post If I can.

Try postimg and if you want to upload directly to forum I have bad news for you

7 hours ago, Vinhero100 said:

looks like a fun challenge!

VTOL could probably be easy to design- *probably* :P

Easy ready to design? Good luck

1 hour ago, ManEatingApe said:

Did it in 2:12...

So cool!

2 hours ago, Vinhero100 said:

How do I post anything on here without using Imgur?!! this is annyoying I will edit the post If I can. Anyway-

Pilot: Jeb

Crew: 2 Scientists

Time: 2:28 seconds

Time Shorteners: (Thinking out side the box -10) (I think)

Total time: 2:18

Craft: Banana VTOL Car (VTOL Car)

You sent me a screenshot of this... idk if I would call it a banana mabye a chili pepper?

Sorry for the late replies, but here goes!

@ManEatingApe I had no idea that rovers were that fast! Were the wheels modded? Really well thought out recovery. That puts you at the top of the alternate craft leaderboard.

@Vinhero100 Good job, You don't need a screenshot, I will take your word for it as 2:28 seems like a reasonable time. Sorry though, i have removed the thinking outside the box bonus and given it it's own leaderboard as I think the 10 second bonus dosent make up for the generally slower speeds in alternate transport. You can choose whether you want to go in the stock or alternate leaderboard, Since neither of us know exactly what the banana VTOL car is. :)

@Potato_King347 sorry again for the late reply, I should have clarified in the original post: Any part mods will put you on the modded leaderboard, jetsounds and any thing like it is fine. As for entering 2 runs, it be fine if they where in different category's, but not on the same leaderboard. Also well done finishing, do you have a screenshot to "verify" your time? :) Also what is you craft called for the leaderboard.

@Cipher_077 Good luck!

Edited by MiffedStarfish

I just added another bonus, the "This is a Backpack? Then where's m-" in whitch you gain 25 seconds off your time if you don't use parachutes at any point, as they seem to be the way to go for speed and require a bit less pilot skill. In case any of you thought I was corrupt, I didn't apply it to my time. :D

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I had no idea that rovers were that fast! Were the wheels modded?

@MiffedStarfish Nope, that was a pure stock entry, no exploits or any other funny business!

The TR-2L wheels max out at 58 m/s so it's possible to go even faster :)

(I was thinking of adding another pair of wheels for extra oomph but needed to leave room for the separatrons)

Edited by ManEatingApe

My cunning plan of scooping up the scientists with an open cargo ramp did not quite work out, but perhaps what's left of it will be considered worthy of the alternate leaderboard?

3:06

I am unsure if I qualify for the Backpack bonus, or a Reverse Michael Bay bonus.

@Eidahlil Great submission! Good idea blowing up the VAB so you didn't have to fly up there. That's the Michael bay bonus, backpack bonus and I have awarded you -5 seconds for doing it in style. That gives you 2:16, just 4 seconds off First place. :( I'm sure you'd be able to cut 4 seconds off, you wouldn't need another video, just a screenshot. (Also, what is your craft called for the leaderboard?)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I'm sure you'd be able to cut 4 seconds off, you wouldn't need another video, just a screenshot. (Also, what is your craft called for the leaderboard?)

I called it "Tankor", did not think I'd end up making a submission with it :D. I'll think about retrying it, though I'm more tempted to fly next time. :)

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.