KSP Challenge: Space Station Week!

Darth Badie

QanVZWg.png

Currently WIP.  Can all be delivered piece by piece in Mk3 bays and assembled on orbit (gonna take rather a lot of launches though).  Fuel and maneuvering module can dock to the bottom node.  This is partially a test of lag with large stations, by limiting the number of spotlights and open docking ports.  The 2.5m spoke ports are covered with adaptors until needed.

Here's a whole mission log documenting building a similar single-ring station:

I think that this project is wonderful last time and this time.

It was my small goal to bring my Japanese colleagues to these places and enjoy it together, but I can't. I regret current state.

These events are showing the attraction of this game. In future please also hold various events with various difficulty levels.

I made KOSTAR (Kerbal Orbital Station for Training and Research) a year or so ago for the Grand Orbital Space Station challenge. The four arm sections were capable of detaching and making a safe parachute landing back on Kerbin. Additionally the four micro landers that were stowed on-board, could (just about) make a landing on Mun and then return to the station).

kSdbzqz.jpg

TAOW55F.jpg

RFVGyLB.jpg

I also made a pseudo documentary style video about this as well.

Edited by purpleivan

Here's my current 6.4k rescale campaign's Kerbin Station, still being assembled but I'm going for I.S.S.-like. A mixture of stock, Station Science, M.O.L.E. and Habtech parts for the station, and HGR for the "Soyuz" type capsules.

Edited by EatVacuum
Gettiong @#$%!! Imgur image to imbed properly

Mission STS 5 through 8 of the Shuttle Challenge (Insert shameless plug) calls for the construction of a 4 module orbital outpost around Kerbin, launched to space using the Shuttle you have designed for the challenge.

The space station must have a service module with RCS, altitude boost engines, and reaction wheels, a habitation module, and 2 scientific modules.  This was my station at the end of 4 hand flown missions using a Buran replica shuttle, all stock, shown here adjusting it's orbit under ion power:

qvHIKJF.png

SM

New to Forums. I just started playing KSP and had 1 Kerbin station, 1 Mun Science Station and 1st modular sation module was launched around Kerbin. Minimus Science Station is new proposal, Plz Any help on Monomodule or 2 module stations plz

1 hour ago, PrathamK said:

New to Forums. I just started playing KSP and had 1 Kerbin station, 1 Mun Science Station and 1st modular sation module was launched around Kerbin. Minimus Science Station is new proposal, Plz Any help on Monomodule or 2 module stations plz

This is a Thread where you can get some ideas and knowledge for building in KSP, I believe you will find it helpful.

Back in 0.23 I built a "giga space station" that ended up having over 1,100 parts which the game, ahem, didn't like too much... I flew the thing again not too terribly long ago and tried to launch an interstellar mission from it. I needed Bob Kerman from the station and I wanted to dock with it. (the station has immense docking structures as long as the VAB is tall, as well as solar trusses as long as the VAB is tall... This is a screenshot focusing on the launch of my interstellar mission. ) I could not approach the station with the starship and had to jetpack Bob over at slideshow framerates. Yes, the station does have a complete orbital science kit docked...

I play Space Engineers these days mostly because:

A. Kerbal has no new content (stars planets, etc) since before I started playing.

B. You can't build starships in Kerbal.

C. Lack of multiplayer. (DMP often doesn't work at all for me).

D. The mods I use with this game are so intense only my own computer can run them, ie 64 bit with plenty of ram, Steam seems to prefer the 32 bit version last I checked.

Still, I think kerbal is the best game ever made and if it were to reach feature-parity with respect to Space Engineers with respect to multiplayer, I don't think I would need any other games in my collection.

2 hours ago, Castille7 said:

This is a Thread where you can get some ideas and knowledge for building in KSP, I believe you will find it helpful.

I didn't get a word of it, all i clicked ended on same page. My 2nd station and first munar 'Mun Lab-1', used as crew exchange (for all favourite, Jeb) for my first manned munar landing and crew exchange and Science Research on 2nd and last Manned landing, i have 2 dozen reports to yield me 750 science in Mid-Carrer. (How to post Photos, I had some)

Here we go...

Wl3yWgK.png

Besstrashnyy. Metkosmos' (the Metarian civilian space agency) first station. What you're looking at is only the core module of the station. It'll grow in a rather haphazard way.

Second image: Besstrashnyy with Kulak 8 docked.

WFovwnt.png

FvuFwF5.png

I know it's not actually a space station, just two craft docked together, but I wanted to share it. This is the Half Mun orbiter Dauntless docked to the Kayleigh - I space telescope during K-I Servicing Mission 2.

xhsXyVY.png

This is Munar Surface Operations Control. It does what it says on the tin. The spacecraft docked at the end is Blue Anchor - Firedance XII.

NBU8nFW.png

Ikibs2K.png

OrbLab 1A. The Kenairian Space Agency's first space station. It was expanded as needed, and very little actual planning went into it. The result? This beautiful mess.

qkevhxg.png

AixFRHW.png

Kerbin outbound. Well, the core of it. It's going to end up with a huge, 35m long, 5m wide fuel tank on the bottom.

oJ7fI5W.png

And finally, OrbLab 2, the (supposed) successor of OrbLab 1A, that's honestly nowhere near as capable. Seen here with the KSS Courageous and the Eleanor - V resupply vehicle docked.

And, yes, this is just my post from the space stations thread in the spacecraft exchange. All praise control-c and v.

Edited by NotAgain

5 hours ago, PrathamK said:

I didn't get a word of it, all i clicked ended on same page. My 2nd station and first munar 'Mun Lab-1', used as crew exchange (for all favourite, Jeb) for my first manned munar landing and crew exchange and Science Research on 2nd and last Manned landing, i have 2 dozen reports to yield me 750 science in Mid-Carrer. (How to post Photos, I had some)

Most of us are using imgur, this site will give you links that you can use to post. (copy link address) is what I use for single pictures, make sure to post them on the correct thread.

17 minutes ago, Badie said:

Wow ! Thanks to everyone that share their cool Space Stations! We have ready a new challenge for tomorrow so stay tuned ! 

Be something about space shuttles. Be something about space shuttles. Be something about space shuttles.

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Be something about space shuttles. Be something about space shuttles. Be something about space shuttles.

Funny. In the 5 years I've been using KSP, I've never built one. Probably because it's so popular.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.