Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

I really don`t dare to mention a specific part of reallife Russian spacetechnology... 
Will there be a chance that ... errmm a hinge like the Baikalbooster features might appear in the expansion?
I would sell my cats for this basicallly. (They eat to much by the way.)
Two cats for a hinge. Is that enough? (One of my cats actually meowed weirdly, uups!)

Baikalbooster winghinge

Edited by Mikki

On 6/18/2017 at 3:29 AM, Emperoreddy said:

It was awesome to see that they were still honoring free expansions for early adopters. 

Then I realize I initially bought Kerbel in MAY of 2013 and not April. 

Damn it!

How do you check?  I'm pretty sure I was somewhere June-September 2013, but don't know how to check (I didn't apply for an account here right away).

14 hours ago, wumpus said:

How do you check?  I'm pretty sure I was somewhere June-September 2013, but don't know how to check (I didn't apply for an account here right away).

Receipt of purchase that they emailed you?

Apparently I got mine in May 2013...

On 21. 06. 2017. at 6:44 PM, wumpus said:

Check in Kerbal store. Even if you transferred to Steam the record of purchase is still there and has date on it.

Like this:

Nj2LDTE.png

Edited by Corw

Maybe it is just me, but I don't get the appeal of historic parts. Basically we are playing in a fictional universe with 600km diameter 1g surface gravity planets. Historic parts as Apollo or Verena just don't fit into this setting imho. If RSS was official, no thing, that'd make a lot of sense, but in the Kerbol system? I just don't know...

• 2 weeks later...

Something smells fishy about this R-7 tank. It doesn't look right. Might just be the angle but I get the sneaking suspicion the geometry is more complex than it should be. Should be a cone, a tapered cylinder, and then the cylindrical engine section (another part, I presume).

RFlIP2v.jpg

Edited by regex

On 6/22/2017 at 3:59 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

I like how everyone is sad that they got KSP one month after the free-DLC deadline, and I'm just sitting here knowing that I'll never get DLC for free since I bought KSP in December 2015. :P 

I'm sad that I've had it since 2012 but I've only managed 300 or so hours... Although it hasn't really been very stable on my machine(s) until recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2017 at 7:33 PM, Mikki said:

I really don`t dare to mention a specific part of reallife Russian spacetechnology... 
Will there be a chance that ... errmm a hinge like the Baikalbooster features might appear in the expansion?
I would sell my cats for this basicallly. (They eat to much by the way.)
Two cats for a hinge. Is that enough? (One of my cats actually meowed weirdly, uups!)

Baikalbooster winghinge

KRE has a hinged wing: see this gif http://i.imgur.com/1kEozYY.gifv... now about those kitties :)

Edited by TheRedTom
Added GIF

So, mobile launch platforms sound pretty legit. I'm actually starting to get quite excited about this expansion. I've more than gotten my money's worth out of this game at 1300 hours logged (plus offline hours on a vacation), so I really won't mind paying for the expansion.

- Khorso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My only question is, for those of us that bought the game waaaaay back in the dark ages, the deal was that we get all future content included in our purchase for being an early alpha supporter.  Does this apply to Making History?

I mean, my purchase date is March 2012.

Edited by ModeSix
more information

On 10/09/2017 at 11:54 PM, ModeSix said:

My only question is, for those of us that bought the game waaaaay back in the dark ages, the deal was that we get all future content included in our purchase for being an early alpha supporter.  Does this apply to Making History?

I mean, my purchase date is March 2012.

Yes.

36 minutes ago, ModeSix said:

Anywhere you can source a quote or something from?

Page two of the following thread.  I would link you directly to Baddie's post, but it is impossible with iOS and this forums software.

Edited by klesh

• 3 weeks later...

Although I understand that the Making History DLC is far from release, I would like further clarification of the policy of If you had purchased the game before April 13th, 2013, you will get it free. I had purchased it in July of 2012 on the main site, however I transferred the game to Steam in August of 2013, what I would like to know is which would be considered the deciding date, the original purchase date or the steam transfer date? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 8:26 AM, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

We need some more god dam launch sites

Chances are non-zero that we'll get the western continent's "old KSC" launch site as a stand-in for Baikonour with the MH expansion.

Does anyone know, or has Squad said, if missions created with the "mission editor" will be saved off as flat files (like .craft files) and shareable with other players?

On 10/20/2017 at 8:53 AM, tjsnh said:

Does anyone know, or has Squad said, if missions created with the "mission editor" will be saved off as flat files (like .craft files) and shareable with other players?

There was mention of sharing missions, so presumably they can be transferred without undue difficulty.

No telling if it will be a text file however.