Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

4 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

Gloeerian Mk2 Test Launch

with this test to Keostationary orbit, we have concluded that our next rocket has the ability and then some to bring at least 0.62 tons to Keostationary orbit

Hide contents

6xNYlnt.png

O3nPx82.png

UVQ2wbi.png

Due to a misfire of the decouplers, the probe was released too early, making the full tests inconclusive, we shall test again for the true number to LKO, which was around 0.928 tons with the misfire, we blame Fil.

JE3hewp.png

UIwylfL.png

PbVacHV.png

f8c6vS9.png

of5gIqE.png

nSgFmeW.png

note that this is the second version of the Gloeerian, we still have to finish our studies on the Gloeerian Mk1

we will still develop our first Gloeerian because the second one is over the 20 meter height limit

I should study that one

Looking at this image:

6xNYlnt.png

IT LANDS?!?!?!?!?!?!

12 hours ago, Skylon said:

@Numerlor I would like to launch my SkySat-1B (see the other thread and look for 'Skylon Aerospace Technology' in big blue writing) on your Beggar 1 rocket. This would come after your demo launch, provided it is successful with a 700kg payload. I want it taken to a 100km orbit. He payload has a reaction wheel to aid in roll control for your launch. 

11 hours ago, Numerlor said:

I accept this offer if craft passes. I just changed success percentage to 80% because in 100/100 orbit in only has little less than100ΔV left, hope this doesn't change with your decision nvm

I'm just bad pilot and forgot MechJeb exists

11 hours ago, Skylon said:

Right yeah I'm still taking that launch, since this is just a test. If it undercuts and only get to 100km by 80km then that is fine.

@TheEpicSquared Finalised launch deal: I am launching my SkySat-1B on @Numerlor's Beggar 1 rocket. This will come after his demo flight provided it is successful.

@TheEpicSquared I would like you to re-enter my second stage backwards, because I will have to up my game if I want to make good profit (my rocket costs around 15,000 to produce now) and I will make the ArthR series, recovering the lower stage engines and thrusters and the upper stage. That is the plan anyway.

3 hours ago, Skylon said:

@TheEpicSquared Finalised launch deal: I am launching my SkySat-1B on @Numerlor's Beggar 1 rocket. This will come after his demo flight provided it is successful.

Ok, it'll be added to the launch manifest.

2 hours ago, Skylon said:

@TheEpicSquared I would like you to re-enter my second stage backwards, because I will have to up my game if I want to make good profit (my rocket costs around 15,000 to produce now) and I will make the ArthR series, recovering the lower stage engines and thrusters and the upper stage. That is the plan anyway.

Ok.

2 hours ago, Seabo14 said:

How long is a Kerbal month for this? Are you going with the easier year/12, or Munar months (e.g one orbit)?

TIA.

Year/12. Does anyone know how long a kerbal year is?

Also, I'd like to announce the first launch of the Alpha/Mod.1, for which it is imperative to be launched at precisely D16 H0M20S0, carrying an in-house demo payload, which will circle the Mun. Launch will go ahead when @TheEpicSquared confirms.

According to KSP wiki, a year is 426 days. 426/12= 35.5 days to a month. @TheEpicSquared

Edited by Seabo14

4 minutes ago, Seabo14 said:

According to KSP wiki, a year is 426 days. 426/12= 35.5 days to a month.

Kerbals have new month every 6.5 days and that makes it 66,23months (According to table on wiki and my poor calculations)

Edited by Numerlor

3 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

Kerbals have new month every 6.5 days and that makes it 66,23months (According to table on wiki and my poor calculations)

Yep, I saw that, but 'the Mun has an orbital period of 38.6 hours which defines a Kerbin month' according to the wiki, which, as stated above, isn't how months are defined here. I guess that's more real-world accurate, but ~15 days is a VERY fast R&D period for new rockets.

Edited by Seabo14

Sorry, so do I get a new rocket every 35.5 game days? I think it should be based partially off of the number of launches performed by your rocket, or maybe launching speeds it up. Also can I release a variant with 2 SRBs and a variant with 4 at the same time, or at least with less time between them? Since they will be basically the same. The only other change would be a few extra tanks (longer tank) but no other increase in engine power.

@TheEpicSquared

4 minutes ago, Seabo14 said:

Yep, I saw that, but 'the Mun has an orbital period of 38.6 hours which defines a Kerbin month' according to the wiki, which, as stated above, isn't how months are defined here. I guess that's more real-world accurate, but ~15 days is a VERY fast R&D period for new rockets.

And anyway, I'm pretty sure most rockets or payloads can't be built in that time, let alone designed.

Edited by Skylon

2 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Sorry, so do I get a new rocket every 35.5 game days? I think it should be based partially off of the number of launches performed by your rocket, or maybe launching speeds it up. Also can I release a variant with 2 SRBs and a variant with 4 at the same time, or at least with less time between them? Since they will be basically the same. The only other change would be a few extra tanks (longer tank) but no other increase in engine power.

@TheEpicSquared

And anyway, I'm pretty sure most rockets or payloads can't be built in that time, let alone designed.

AFAIK Its a new 'iteration' every 3 months, so ~every 105 days I'm afraid.

@Fraus could you take my SkySat-1B to to a Mun flyby (orbit if possible) see the other thread first page for details (should be obvious) it weighs something like 0.6t. On your Artemis 1 rocket.

If it isn't taken all the way to Mun orbit then it has propulsion to get it some of the way as well.

Edited by Skylon

2 minutes ago, Skylon said:

@Fraus could you take my SkySat-1B to to a Mun flyby (orbit if possible) see the other thread first page for details (should be obvious) it weighs something like 0.6t. On your Artemis 1 rocket.

If it isn't taken all the way to Mun orbit then it has propulsion to get it some of the way as well.

The Mun Race Is On!

Hehe yeah I'm building a Mun lander too :wink: but first I need a satellite for communications!

If I had Kerbalism I would make manned craft too (why has no one made a tourist craft?) but oh well.

If someone were to build a good tourist craft for my use I would give them a free launch of my Arthur-1 but for now...

42 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Hehe yeah I'm building a Mun lander too :wink: but first I need a satellite for communications!

If I had Kerbalism I would make manned craft too (why has no one made a tourist craft?) but oh well.

If someone were to build a good tourist craft for my use I would give them a free launch of my Arthur-1 but for now...

How about a collaboration on Mun launches? Maybe even a small 1.25m tourist holding station?

Edited by Seabo14

Sounds interesting. I don't have kerbalism so I can't make crewed craft but I can launch and provide fuel/power/comes modules.

for now though we need to wait for better gee launchers. Maybe when I release my Arthur Heavy

Edited by Skylon

20 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

so I read something about there being a station in the save, and I have a few questions

• is there going to be contracts for resupplies and such?
  • is there going to be a station?
  • do we build the station or are you going to hyperedit it up to orbit?
  • why do we have hyperedit?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. I hyperedit the base station into orbit.

4. For hyperediting stations and the like into orbit.

1 hour ago, Numerlor said:

1 hour ago, Seabo14 said:

Also, I'd like to announce the first launch of the Alpha/Mod.1, for which it is imperative to be launched at precisely D16 H0M20S0, carrying an in-house demo payload, which will circle the Mun. Launch will go ahead when @TheEpicSquared confirms.

According to KSP wiki, a year is 426 days. 426/12= 35.5 days to a month. @TheEpicSquared

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

@TheEpicSquared

1 hour ago, Seabo14 said:

AFAIK Its a new 'iteration' every 3 months, so ~every 105 days I'm afraid.

Yeah, we'll go with that.

59 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Okay I'm hoping to get at least 5 launches of my first rocket anyway.

Ok.

53 minutes ago, Seabo14 said:

Where do I upload my launch ensemble? Its being delivered to be assembled as we speak. (Cough*uploading to GDrive*Cough)

I'd prefer KerbalX, but GDrive is ok, I guess.

Oh, and @StupidAndy, what do you say about the launch deal? Do we have an agreement?

And @Oliverm001x, I'm taking you off the LP list until you provide a rocket.

And @Skylon, not sure if I replied already, but no, crossfeed isn't allowed, at least for the time being.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

Though Copper 1 isn't finished yet, it would be great for bringing up small Station modules. I'm planning full translation and rotation controls on it, so it can dock modules to a station. I'm probably going to finish it soon, if I can find time. 

NEW UPDATE: After a fully unanimous decision between myself and TheEpicSquared, we have decided that PPs for the time being will not have a set and limited budget. This is to encourage optimistic mission ideas, along with reducing the extensive work of making sure that the rules are followed by everyone. Note, that this is only for the time being, and can change in further iterations of the project.

Also, as a result of incompatible file types and recording difficulties; TheEpicSquared has currently suspended the youtube channel idea, but it will be rebooted on a later date, when we can figure out how/what to do properly. As the saying goes quality over quantity of our actions :wink: .

Edited by Oliverm001x

1 minute ago, Oliverm001x said:

NEW UPDATE: After a fully unanimous decision between myself and TheEpicSquared, we have decided that PPs for the time being will not have a set and limited budget. This is to encourage optimistic mission ideas, along with reducing the extensive work of making sure that the rules are followed by everyone. Note, that this is only for the time being, and can change in further iterations of the project.

We know that without PPs having budgets, LPs will be rolling in cash, but that's fine, because maybe at the end of one kerbal year, we could have the LP with the highest budget receive a sort of "prize" (not sure what that is yet). That still gives an incentive for LPs to compete for payloads.

Also, after a fully unanimous decision, because of a ridiculous amount of technical problems with the video, we are going to abandon the YouTube channel for now, and have each launch documented by screenshot (note that the Iridium I launch will not have a screenshot documentation because the mission was launched before we agreed to abandon the YouTube channel.

Excellent challenge so far, so much that I have absolutely no idea on what my budget is :P I have a couple of suggestions.

Once Kerbals start making it to orbit, maybe have a table of where e.g; what vessel, Kerbals are, and which are available. Maybe having a recruitment could cost money, but after it's yours to keep?

Maybe have a file showing pictures of all the LVs and their stats? The current one gives no indication of size, or looks. I'd be happy to do this, if you want.

Seabo14:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.