Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

4 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Huh... interesting. I could easily see a system of "contracts" for payloads that could be written by the government, launch providers, and even other payload providers.

Science experiments could also generate funds, but since this is a sandbox game that would be tricky.

The current system is fine, but I just feel this could make the payload provider side a bit better. It would also give launch providers and payload providers the ability to spend money on a contract to stimulate the industry a little.

Not sure how realistic it would be, though.

We did have rules about this, but @TheEpicSquared decided it makes things too complicated.

Okay, I managed to get KSP to launch by removing mods until I ran out of mods to remove. Now I'm adding them back to see which ones work.

Crash-on-load:

MECHJEB: CRASH

KERBAL ENGINEER: CRASH

KSP loads but they don't work:

Janitor's closet: NOPE

FMRS: NOPE

Working:

KW Rocketry: WORKING (Won't like it)

Kerbal Reusability Expansion: WORKING

[x] SCIENCE!: WORKING? (Won't like it)

SpaceY: WORKING

Janitor's Closet: WORKING (Won't like it)

Edited by icantmakemodels
JC and FMRS load but don't work :(

Just now, icantmakemodels said:

They added languages and broke everything.

Good job, Squad

well it literally came out today, what do you expect?

I expect unless there is a 1.1 level mod breaking event we will have them updated within a month

thank you modmakers!

My new rocket the "Titanium One Orbital Launch Vehicle" has just been published on the spacecraft exchange thread. With a capacity of 2.2 tonnes, if any payload providers are interested, please specify either here or on the other thread. :) 

LAUNCH REPORT

@Numerlor

Beggar I

Launch Summary

Spoiler

Liftoff of the Beggar I rocket occurred on Y1 D67 2:23:45 UT, from the Zebedee Polar Launch Facility. The launch was controlled by MechJeb. As planned, the rocket began travelling north. The first stage burn was nominal.

At Y1 D67 2:24:44, at an altitude of 30,866 meters, MechJeb shut off the first stage. Unfortunately, MechJeb then malfunctioned and restarted the first stage engine pointing downwards. This was not supposed to happen, so I turned off MechJeb. Stage separation occurred at Y1 D67 2:25:06 and the second stage Spark ignited and put the apoapsis at the desired 100km.

The fairings were separated at Y1 D67 2:25:48, at an altitude of 78.6km. One the Spark shut off, the second stage could not be oriented, because of a lack of RCS. Therefore, short burns of the Spark were used to line up with prograde for circularization.

Circularization was nominal and the craft entered a slightly eccentric 97x108km polar orbit. 

Meanwhile, the first stage was falling back to the ground. It settled into a retrograde position as it reentered the lower atmosphere. The chutes deployed just 915 meters above ground level (!) and the first stage landed successfully on its engine bell, sustaining no damage. It  was successfully recovered.

Pictures (no video due to recording problems)

Spoiler

Beggar I on the launchpad:EiyZ4dT.png

Liftoff:tjdZvJ1.png

Ascending:biRqbp9.png

Gravity turn started:8eTyvdS.png

First stage engine cutoff:yHT7xnP.png

MechJeb malfunctioning:EjWT5gu.png

Stage separation:O7QP0JY.png

Fairing separation:u1SB1EB.png

Apoapsis established:oNtjIvK.png

Coasting, out of control due to lack of RCS:8id6VTP.png

Circularization burn:MP2DvMP.png

Final orbit:dsBhpss.png

Switching to first stage:BqWkJWr.png

Falling:pfYXntx.png

Reentry plasma:t9ixHYs.png

Descending:ZLpSO2b.png

Chutes deployed, 915 meters above the ground:ychzyiE.png

Touchdown of first stage:Pxp7YWB.png

Mission status: SUCCESSFUL

- Rocket reached planned orbit with acceptable deviation

- First stage recovered successfully

Beggar I is approved for further flights.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

@TheEpicSquared May I suggest you try out this mod: 

It would allow us to own different satellite networks of our own, as well as the government owning one as a 'universal network', and buying each other's satellites for our own use. Space probes would probably use the universal network, but the owner must pay a fee to use the signal. Otherwise they could use their own network. 

For example, my SkySats launched on the demo flight of my Arthur 1 could be named the SkySat Network, or SSN, and my MunDust probe could connect to that. Later I could sell or rent some of these satellites to the government or another company for their own use.

This would further realism and give more incentive to launch your own satellites

7 hours ago, Oliverm001x said:

Would any PPs be interested in constructing a payload between 0.5-1.5 tonnes for my TOOLV lifter?

I would like to launch two SkySat-1Bs  at under 0.7t each with another launch for a 25% off discount. Would that be ok? 

2 hours ago, Skylon said:

I would like to launch two SkySat-1Bs  at under 0.7t each with another launch for a 25% off discount. Would that be ok? 

Deal! First launch would be conducted under the default launch price, and the second launch for 25% of that value. :) 

@TheEpicSquared care to schedule in the new launch agreements?

1 minute ago, Oliverm001x said:

Deal! First launch would be conducted under the default launch price, and the second launch for 25% of that value. :) 

@TheEpicSquared care to schedule in the new launch agreements?

Could they be launched together?

Edited by Skylon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.