Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

20 hours ago, Skylon said:

Or a 1.875m core

That is correct

20 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

Let me make sure I have this straight: Phase two allows 1.25m cores with 0.625m SRBs radially attached, with a maximum total height of 25m.

Phase two enables the construction of 1.875 meter core rockets with the height of 30 meters (still under discussion), with the potential of up to 6 radial SRBs. Sounds positive! Can't wait for the imaginative ideas to flow in. :) 

If anyone on this forum page would like to participate in a Mission Controll emulator for Real Life missions shoot me a PM or post on this fourm page

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/158759-international-space-exploration-agency-next-launch-june-24t-launch-controller-positions-open/ 

Edited by Uace24

7 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Yes.

ah that's not that bad

also another question:

if a person is a LP and a PP, does the PP budget affect their LP budget, so if someone launches a payload on another rocket, does the LP lose funds?

Edited by StupidAndy

8 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

ah that's not that bad

also another question:

if a person is a LP and a PP, does the PP budget affect their LP budget, so if someone launches a payload on another rocket, does the LP lose funds?

PPs don't have funds if I'm not mistaken

4 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

yes, i know, but if a LP launches a payload on another rocket do they lose funds from paying the LP

I would assume so.

@TheEpicSquared, He1+Xsat1 Launched yet?

EDIT: Also, for satellites matching /Xsat[123]/, make sure they're 120 degrees from each other.

Edited by icantmakemodels

On 2017-6-5 at 5:31 PM, Skylon said:

You either use tweakscale or use 1.25m with radial SRBs (I'm assuming 1.875m with SRBs is disallowed for now, correct @Oliverm001x?)

Or wait for 2.5m

We use tweakscale which is in the mod list for reference page at the front, with SRBs allowed!

so now that its summer-ish and coming for everyone in school probably

will this be going a bit faster? its a bit annoying where we have massive amounts of activity in one day and for the next few its nothing

you are FORCED to play Kerbal! no exceptions! :D

oh and a question...since we are about to roll out Mk2s, can I jump in the LP business and make a Mk2?

Edited by StupidAndy

an idea for a new rule:

when a launch failiure occures, a launch escape should be in place and be activated, if not present you face a penalty for putting your kerbals in danger, if they die by a faulty launch escape system you get a bit bigger penalty and if they die by the lack of a launch escape system you get an even bigger penalty 

or something like that

12 minutes ago, tsgaerospace said:

an idea for a new rule:

when a launch failiure occures, a launch escape should be in place and be activated, if not present you face a penalty for putting your kerbals in danger, if they die by a faulty launch escape system you get a bit bigger penalty and if they die by the lack of a launch escape system you get an even bigger penalty 

or something like that

I believe all capsules require redundant launch escape systems already. Good idea though!

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

how about if you kill a Kerbal, its a penalty

but if you kill a Kerbal TOURIST its a bigger penalty

What about if it's a tourist the penalty gets upgraded by one degree and if you kill a tourist by the lack of a les you get an even bigger penalty

The penalty is per each kerbal

Edited by tsgaerospace

9 hours ago, tsgaerospace said:

What about if it's a tourist the penalty gets upgraded by one degree and if you kill a tourist by the lack of a les you get an even bigger penalty

The penalty is per each kerbal

yeah! that's a good idea

but why would you not have a LES anyways?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.