Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

I think this is everyone involved:

TL;DR: Should we start again?

Hi everyone,

So, it seems that this thread is a little bit dead. Or, at least, @TheEpicSquared is MIA.  So, here's my evil plan. I'm going to take over and start a new thread. I've created a Strawpoll: Do you want to (A) Do this and start again, (B) Do this and start over, or (C) Not do this?  We'll use the exact same rules, perhaps with a few changes that should have been there in the first place (Hindsight is an amazing thing).  If anyone wants to make a badge, that would be cool too. I'll clean up the OP a little; I'll make it a nicer and easier to read. Perhaps we should make ourselves a dedicated wobsite so (a) we can avoid 2.2j and (b) have shiny graphs and stuff. Thanks for reading this whole paragraph. Vote below.

EDIT: If you think no, why?

Vote HERE.

Results

Edited by icantmakemodels
Wow, that was fast.

My vote is no, wait. If you are willing to do it yourself and do it well, I would be interested to see that. If you like, PM me with ideas about the website. I can't make websites myself very well (never tried) but I have a few ideas.

If we're going to restart: there's one change that should be made: I think some people (myself included) were getting bored of this because launches were so infrequent. Given that someone could build a rocket in a day or two, waiting a few months for a launch also seemed a bit unrealistic in proportion to other timescales in the game.

Just saying, it would be good for a new RLKSP to draw off of other community projects like the Stock Community Space Station and Naval Battle Club, in that people could reserve dates in which they could launch, and the save could be pased to them on those dates, and we could use an honor system to report failures and such. Would make launches much quicker.

@icantmakemodels

Right, decision time.

For various reasons, me and @Oliverm001x have not been able to keep this thread going, and likely will not be able to in the near future. Therefore, I grant you permission to continue this challenge, under 2 conditions:

1. The credits in this thread's OP be mentioned in your version.

2. Myself and @Oliverm001x be credited with creating this idea. 

And another thing, which I'll PM you about when you respond to this.

Good luck :) 

36 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@icantmakemodels

Right, decision time.

For various reasons, me and @Oliverm001x have not been able to keep this thread going, and likely will not be able to in the near future. Therefore, I grant you permission to continue this challenge, under 2 conditions:

1. The credits in this thread's OP be mentioned in your version.

2. Myself and @Oliverm001x be credited with creating this idea. 

And another thing, which I'll PM you about when you respond to this.

Good luck :) 

14 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

@quasarrgames, Yeah. If I'm hosting, I'll do launches way more frequently. I've been waiting weeks for the Xsat1 launch since:

After discussion with @TheEpicSquared, we have decided that you can have access to doing, recording and sending the launches and videos to us. Meanwhile we will maintain the forum and the threads.

Edited by Oliverm001x

PM away.

I had no intention of not crediting you with the original idea :)

ALSO: I came up with some possible other names that sound better:

• Kerbal economics program
  • Kerbal capitalism program 
  • Kerbal politics program
Edited by icantmakemodels

I feel that if it is re-started it should be done in RSS/RO rather than stock because it would simulate real world space stuff rather than 60%  scale and it would be harder for people but who doesn't relish a challenge?

Just now, Uace24 said:

I feel that if it is re-started it should be done in RSS/RO rather than stock because it would simulate real world space stuff rather than 60%  scale and it would be harder for people but who doesn't relish a challenge?

I think QuarterRSS. Bigger than stock but still doable for new players.

1 hour ago, Uace24 said:

maybe you could make a version of it in RSS/RO?

I have to try RO sometime

mod idea: Stock Size RO!

1 hour ago, Uace24 said:

But this would make it harder for a lot of players such as myself, since I am not used to RSS/RO, and have never played with it.

46 minutes ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

quick, I just made the 667th post. nailed it.

wait, the op was very confusing and I don't want to read through that novel again. so lets say I want to be a launch provider, what do I do to get my (under 20m) launcher put up for launches? and how does the money system work?

for now, we might be under a remanagement and it might change a bit, but basically

1. you make a rocket, you say "hey! I made a rocket! I will launch it for (blank) funds! then the people will come if your rocket is what they need, if they are a microsatellite, they get something like @Numerlor's rocket, not a big one like the F9, kind of like the Electron.
  2. for money, it is only for the LPs for now, but the LPs get paid for launching the satellites, and at the end they get the amount they agreed on for their launch

On the debate for RSS/RO: I feel that having multiple versions of it would work best. We could have a stock one that would be this one under new management, one in full RO, and a few more in various steps between, with lower than 1/2 scale RSS being Kerbol system rescales, and greater than being RSS rescales, mostly because I want to launch on some of the harder difficulties, but can't get to orbit in RSS.:P

okay, I finally finished my rocket and sent it to the rocket submission thread and the details. 

quick note, I think you should make a anti-trust law that says if one person or one rocket in getting to much of the launches then it will be banned from launching for a set amount of time, or something, it just feels like the pros rockets are nommin up all the launches with the ridiculously cheap prices.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.