Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

Hi there evryone!

I was skimming through the mission ideas directory when i saw this idea. I had created an idea for what i wanted to do when I read the fact that I need to be able to use Mechjeb on my ship. I wanted to be known to be precise, so I wanted to use kOS to pilot my ship. I was just wondering, would I be allowed to do that? If not, I will figure something else out.

Also, to move costs down, I wanted to create a global refueling service so that I do not have to pay for fuel. I was thinking about using USI's Planetary warehouse to store it all, have little drills dotted around the planet, a huge ISRU Factory, and a little refueling rover that drives up to the launchpad and fuels up the spaceship using the logistics center. Is that cheaty, or can I do that if I invest the funds into it?

Your Nooby Player and friend,

Dogemaster

1 hour ago, Dogemaster said:

Hi there evryone!

I was skimming through the mission ideas directory when i saw this idea. I had created an idea for what i wanted to do when I read the fact that I need to be able to use Mechjeb on my ship. I wanted to be known to be precise, so I wanted to use kOS to pilot my ship. I was just wondering, would I be allowed to do that? If not, I will figure something else out.

Also, to move costs down, I wanted to create a global refueling service so that I do not have to pay for fuel. I was thinking about using USI's Planetary warehouse to store it all, have little drills dotted around the planet, a huge ISRU Factory, and a little refueling rover that drives up to the launchpad and fuels up the spaceship using the logistics center. Is that cheaty, or can I do that if I invest the funds into it?

Your Nooby Player and friend,

Dogemaster

that sounds like a doable Idea with stock parts. Does the stock claw allow fuel transfer? if it doesn't then maybe you could just have a docking port low on the craft for the refueler to refuel. I would love to see that.

though it might not be considered realistic.

On 7/9/2017 at 1:53 AM, Skylon said:

Each LP/PP could have his/her own thread to post craft, as well as a Negotiations section, with each topic an individual negotiation. The negotiations would start in PM, or a 'launch request page' where PPs notify LPs if they want a payload launched, but don't know who should launch it yet.

I have a craft and I'm ready to post it, so can I start my own thread to post my craft? it was originally for this thread so it follows all the guidelines in this thread. Though I don't know how the guidelines for the starter craft have changed.

P.S. I am the only one to ever respond to a topic on the new forum so far.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:00 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

Progress is being made, more info below

Not at the moment. However, if demand increases, it is possible to expand the forum to include other ideas. That won't be for a while, though. BEst to focus on ours first to make sure it's top-notch.

UPDATE

So, progress is being made on the forum. Here's the link (note that it's in extremely preliminary stages) http://ksp-rtsi.forumotion.eu/

So far, we've got the General Rules up. That's about it, although there's a lot in planning. What we need help with now is the structure of the forum. This is what we have so far, suggestions welcome:

Format:

Forum

General Section 1 (equivalent to "General")
          Section 1 (equivalent to "Announcements")
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
               etc.
          Section 2 (equivalent to "The Daily Kerbal")
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
               etc.

General Section 2 (equivalent to "General KSP")
          Section 1 (equivalent to "KSP Discussion")
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.
          Section 2 (equivalent to "Suggestions & Development Discussion")
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.
          etc.

So here's the currently planned format:

KSP - Recreating the Space Industry

Rules & Information
          Rules
               General Rules
               Participation Rules
          Information
               General Information about the Mission Idea
               Useful Links

Announcements
          General Forum Announcements
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.
          Mission Idea Announcements
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.

Company Registration
          Payload Company Registrations
               Payload Company 1's registration thread
               Payload Company 2's registration thread
              etc.
         Launch Company Registrations
               Launch Company 1's registration thread
               Launch Company 2's registration thread
              etc.

Lists
          List of Payload Companies
               List of Payload Companies
          List of Launch Companies
               List of Launch Companies

Craft Submissions
          Payload Submissions
               Company 1's thread
               Company 2's thread
              etc.
          Launch Vehicle Submissions     
               Company 1's thread
               Company 2's thread
               etc.

Launch Contract Negotiations

Launch Contract Negotiations
               Contract negotiation 1
               Contract negotiation 2
              etc.
          Finalized Launch Deals
               Launch deal 1
               Launch deal 2
              etc.

Launches and Savefile
          Launch Coverage
               Launch 1
               Launch 2
              etc.
          Savefile (Current Time of Save: Year X Day Y HH:MM:SS)
               Savefile: Date X
               Savefile: Date Y
               etc.

Addons Used
          List of Addons
               List of Addons
          Addon Suggestions
               Addon Suggestions

Suggestions
          General Suggestions for Forum
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.
          Mission Idea Suggestions
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.

Off-topic

Science & Spaceflight
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.
          Other Off-topic discussions
               Thread 1
               Thread 2
              etc.

So yeah, that's the very preliminary plan. Feedback and suggestions are highly welcome and encouraged.  

so when is the plan going into action? I want to send in my craft on the new forum.

And can I get a reward for being a very active member on the new forum?

17 hours ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

is everyone on vacation or something?

Also try to avoid double posting/posting more than once, especially on the new forum. It seems you have made four posts in a row already, asking questions which could be asked here. The same rules are on these threads.

Just edit the post, maybe indicating that you have edited the post, like this:

EDIT: Is everyone on vacation?

Oh, and to answer your questions,

1. No, don't post craft yet. There isn't a place to put them yet anyway, as the forum is in very early stages still
  2. Being an active member wouldn't really help, but making useful suggestions and contributions would. Giving you a reward (not sure what kind of reward you were thinking of, anyway) would be unfair.

Edit: And put discussions here, not on the other forum for now, as most will only see it here

Edited by Skylon

There's been some issues with the email we've been using for the forum, so unfortunately I'll have to make a new one and restart the forum. I'll try to find another hosting site, 'cause some of you have had problems with this one. Also, I'm going on vacation to Greece tomorrow, but I'll try to get as much done today as possible.

Sorry for the delay 

• 1 month later...

@Skylon @Brent Kerman @Fraus @kerbinorbiter @icantmakemodels @Numerlor @Seabo14 @CairoJack @Mad Rocket Scientist @Abastro @Uace24 @KenjiKrafts @53miner53 @quasarrgames @StupidAndy @FireKerb @HobbitJack @Andiron @tsgaerospace

(I think that's everyone)

Hello there! It's been a while, hasn't it.

So because of various reasons (school being one of them), I don't have the time to make a new forum for this.

HOWEVER, if someone else has the time to make a forum, then please do PM me and we can work something out. :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

On 29/08/2017 at 9:40 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

@Skylon @Brent Kerman @Fraus @kerbinorbiter @icantmakemodels @Numerlor @Seabo14 @CairoJack @Mad Rocket Scientist @Abastro @Uace24 @KenjiKrafts @53miner53 @quasarrgames @StupidAndy @FireKerb @HobbitJack @Andiron @tsgaerospace

(I think that's everyone)

Hello there! It's been a while, hasn't it.

So because of various reasons (school being one of them), I don't have the time to make a new forum for this.

HOWEVER, if someone else has the time to make a forum, then please do PM me and we can work something out. :) 

Yes that is right! For the same reasons outlined above I along with TheEpicSquared, could not maintain constructing, designing and operating a forum. We (as demonstrated) furthermore had difficulties maintaining this mission as it is. It is time for us to pass up our leadership on this challenge, whilst it has been great fun, and resulted in some very interesting discussions and negotiations between myself and TheEpicSquared, the mission must progress on to a new era, where it can grow and prosper. Thanks for the ride!

Alright! Stuff has happened! 

@icantmakemodels has kindly agreed to make a Discord server for us to host this challenge! It's still very much a WIP, and I think it needs some more sections, but it'll soon be user-ready!

I'll let @icantmakemodels share the details. :) 

(Oh, and @Oliverm001x I think you'll want to know about this too)

On 08/09/2017 at 9:08 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

Alright! Stuff has happened! 

@icantmakemodels has kindly agreed to make a Discord server for us to host this challenge! It's still very much a WIP, and I think it needs some more sections, but it'll soon be user-ready!

I'll let @icantmakemodels share the details. :) 

(Oh, and @Oliverm001x I think you'll want to know about this too)

Yes we are in the initial design phase, more info to follow shortly...

Alright, I'm going to open the server so people can, well, look at it and make suggestions (maybe we can start doing stuff, too)

>> https://discord.gg/EZtUYQf <<

If you already have an account under a different name than your forum name, set your nickname so it matches your forum name.

Announce whether you plan to be a Launch provider or payload provider in #hi and we'll give you a role.

Edited by icantmakemodels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.