SpaceY R∃B00T - It's back! (again)

Kerbiter

zr4HUKP.png

At its headquarters in Rhombus City, SpaceY unveiled the next step of its 'Master Plan' today, by showing off some new launch vehicles.

The first one to be shown off was the new Raptor 1e (e for extended). This one carries approx. 200-400kg more than Raptor 1, is meant to be used for launch of smaller satellites for a very cheap price of 26,500 funds.

C3YLgQR.jpg 
Raptor 1e. [SpaceY]

The Raptor 1e is meant to be an improvement on the Raptor 1, fixing any possible mistakes we might have created on the way, and includes a fairing that fits slightly larger payloads.

SpaceY also unveiled their first medium-heavy lift rocket, the Raptor 9.

A5tCubQ.png
An artist's rendering of the Raptor 9 with its transporter erector. [SpaceY]

The Raptor 9 is named for its nine Kiwi engines on the first stage. This large lifter can lift much more than the Raptor 1 or 1e, and will be launched from historic Pad A at the Kerbin Space Center, instead of SLC-2 at the Kerbin Space Launch Air Force Station. This new lifter will be used, among other things, to lift larger low Earth orbit satellites, large swarms of smaller satellites, or even Munar probes or manned capsules*.

Something the Raptor 9 will also lift is the Komodo capsule. This capsule is meant to carry scientific experiments and other supplies to the Kerbin Space Station, and return the experiments for proper monitoring on Kerbin. No proper rendering or image was shown, but a small subscale version will launch to orbit and back on the new Raptor 1e, which might give us a hint on how the capsule will look.

The Komodo announcement was however overshadowed by SpaceY's announcement of their plans to reuse their rockets. They announced their new rEX vehicle, which can perform Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) tests. rEX is based off the Raptor 1, and adds 4 fixed landing legs, as well as a control module. A small video of the vehicle was played, which can be viewed by clicking this link.

Not shown in the presentation was a high resolution render of the rEX spacecraft. Here is the render:

vDbJlo6.jpg
A high resolution render of the rEX spacecraft. [SpaceY]

Elon also discussed his company's plans to reuse the Raptor 9 rocket, in order to save costs. He showed off this render of the Raptor 9 first stage propulsively landing:

GASxJ4D.png
An artist's depiction of the Raptor 9 first stage propulsively landing**. [SpaceY]

That was all announced at the SpaceY special event. Targeting launch of MeteoSat 1 next month, 3:15 KST.

-- The SpaceY team o7
*Raptor 9 is not currently man rated. Any launches planning to carry manned capsules will be denied. **Render not representative of final design of reusable Raptor 9.

19 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

I probably missed this

but how do I submit payloads?

You either simply post your payload's stats and a download link, or you PM if you're wanting to do a big payload or payload requiring multiple launches.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:55 PM, Kerbiter said:

You either simply post your payload's stats and a download link, or you PM if you're wanting to do a big payload or payload requiring multiple launches.

is there any mods?

also, 1.2, 1.3, or if your going old school, 1.1?

17 hours ago, Kerbiter said:

no, you can use mods, go ahead, use mods

I'll probably use mods at a later time, but for now its stock

I also see that it is Ven's stock Revamp, will that affect me doing a stock one?

Edited by StupidAndy

On 6/17/2017 at 7:58 PM, StupidAndy said:

I'll probably use mods at a later time, but for now its stock

I also see that it is Ven's stock Revamp, will that affect me doing a stock one?

Probably not... I'll load up the craft once I get it to see if it works

Also, Raptor 1e or Raptor 9?

Edited by Kerbiter

On 19/06/2017 at 10:50 PM, Kerbiter said:

Probably not... I'll load up the craft once I get it to see if it works

Also, Raptor 1e or Raptor 9?

Can you launch multiple satellites at once? I'd like to share the cost of a raptor 9 with @StupidAndy. My satellite would go to Keostationary

10 hours ago, Skylon said:

Can you launch multiple satellites at once? I'd like to share the cost of a raptor 9 with @StupidAndy. My satellite would go to Keostationary

Dear potential customer,

Yes, you can rideshare on a Raptor 9. A payload adapter is being developed to fit this need.

Contact us when you are ready to make a launch order.

-- Carl, SpaceY Team

im interested... what are all the stats of the Raptor 9? and im willing to launch 11 satilites (orbcomOG2) in one go (maybe) i do beleve the raptor 9 could land are you willing to accept that proposal?

Edited by kerbinorbiter

On 6/23/2017 at 9:40 AM, kerbinorbiter said:

im interested... what are all the stats of the Raptor 9? and im willing to launch 11 satilites (orbcom kerbcomm OG2) in one go (maybe) i do beleve the raptor 9 could land are you willing to accept that proposal?

Dear potential customer,

We would like to add your launch to the manifest. Please schedule delivery of the satellites and we will launch on Raptor 9.

-- Carl, SpaceY team

From Elon Kerman's feed:

It appears we have a setback in the development of the Raptor 9. Simulations turning out bad. We're considering a whole redesign of the vehicle. Raptor 1e and MeteoSat-1 launch still on track.

• 3 weeks later...

SkyTech Communications Services

SkySat-1A is a light communications satellite designed to bring internet and telecommunications services to the poorer regions of Kerbin. Raptor 1e would be perfect for our satellites, and we wish to have three launched to an orbit that covers the desert continent (west of the continent KSC is in) for at least half of the orbit, like a Molniya orbit. Or, if you prefer, an equatorial 500km orbit. I'd like the launch to be called SkySat 1-3, and I hope for future launches SkySat 4-6, SkySat 7-9 and so on.

Tl;Dr: Launch 3 SkySat-1A satellites to an equatorial 500km orbit, or the more complex one if you prefer. I hope to launch more in future.

• 1 month later...

== BEGIN OOC MESSAGE  ==

It's been quite a while. I'll do a little more with SpaceY, continuing the reboot storyline.

Had some recent thoughts, spoiler alert:

Spoiler
  1. I am having second thoughts about Raptor 1e. Hope to keep it as it will test future technology.
  2. Raptor 9 will be longer, and will be using an existing and well-proven design that has been sitting for months.
  3. Maybe an electric semitruck from Elon Kerman himself?

I will be setting up a Flickr page for all the images I have in my image reel (possibly screenshots from videos I have posted).

Anyways,

It's back. o/

== END OOC MESSAGE ==

In a recent feedstorm from Elon Kerman:

Elon Kerman - !elonkerman

We've been super busy redesigning Raptor 9 while the range has been down. Posting pictures this week. Now 50% longer!

Elon Kerman - !elonkerman

Targeting MeteoSat-1 launch on 05-04 @ 19:39 KT. Final launch of Raptor 1 before Raptor 1e fittings are installed.

Jeffilok Kerman - !allthespace

!elonkerman Could we get an ETA for the MeteoSat-1 launch?

On 7/13/2017 at 9:23 AM, Skylon said:

SkyTech Communications Services

SkySat-1A is a light communications satellite designed to bring internet and telecommunications services to the poorer regions of Kerbin. Raptor 1e would be perfect for our satellites, and we wish to have three launched to an orbit that covers the desert continent (west of the continent KSC is in) for at least half of the orbit, like a Molniya orbit. Or, if you prefer, an equatorial 500km orbit. I'd like the launch to be called SkySat 1-3, and I hope for future launches SkySat 4-6, SkySat 7-9 and so on.

Tl;Dr: Launch 3 SkySat-1A satellites to an equatorial 500km orbit, or the more complex one if you prefer. I hope to launch more in future.

Sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.