RCS Mode Cycling Toggle

You know how we now have a mode selection for reaction wheels (Full, SAS, Pilot)? Could we get something similar for RCS controls that can cycle through functionality (Full, Translation, Rotation) and be Action Group'ed?

Generally speaking, thanks to the power of Reaction Wheels in KSP, I use RCS mainly for translation (docking and fine orbital adjustments) and rarely for attitude/rotation control. (For the latter, it'd have to be one heavy craft with relatively weak RW power, I'm in a rush to change attitude for some reason, I need supplemental control because my control surface aren't as effective in the current situation, or I'm controlling a VTOL.)

I'm actually trying to build my first ever space station and I find it tedious to turn RCS on/off depending if I need translation or rotation. Yes, I know I can set the individual degree of control, but I'm not doing that for three degrees across 2 dozen or so RCS ports because my dumbass forgot to do that in the editor. (Even doing it in the editor could be tedious since I can't just click on one button to swap modes - it's four: one to show the open option to do so and one each for roll, yaw & pitch.)

It's just a quality-of-life thing. Nothing urgent, but if RWs got something similar, why not RCS as well? (Kinda wonder if RCS should also get the Full-/SAS-/Pilot-control option as well since RCS is sorta tied to SAS in a way, like RWs.)

In the meantime, I need to make a MM cfg that sets RCS ports to only translation mode by default... :P

I like this idea.  Maybe it could help make the mostly-unused docking mode more useful: in normal navball mode, you get all RCS axes.  In docking mode, you get only translation thrust.

10 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

In the meantime, I need to make a MM cfg that sets RCS ports to only translation mode by default... :P

Already done, right near the top:

7 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Already done, right near the top:

Dammit! :mad: I wish I know about that like 12 hours ago! ;.; It would've made making my own fairing mm cfg a cinch! :confused: (Of which I already pushed out as an all-in-one patch with notes. :wink:) *sigh* I need to search better...:(

Edited by StahnAileron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.