Ability to type inside limiters

I am sure this has been said/suggested before, and if it has, I am sorry for suggesting it again. I honestly think this is a good idea, to be able to type in the little box where you can set like thrust limiters, gimbal ranges and so on. The slider is nice, but, it can be maddeningly hard to get it balanced at times. What do yall think?

I think it has been suggested before, but I'm not sure there's a recent discussion thread about it.

I definitely agree, I'd rather have a text box than the slider. I personally don't really have too much difficulty achieving precision with the sliders, but I do encounter the issue that sometimes you can't set the slider to a certain number (e.g. you set one engine to 50% but the closest you can get with the other engine is 49.5 or 50.5 for some reason).

Yeah also I would like a function to edit all engines (if they are in symmetry mode) at once so that i don't have to edit them individually. But less so. Also with shutting down engines (I imagine this would be even more important if you had a mod like dangit that broke engines)

For my self i would prefer this option for all Sliders as support. Tankvolume, autorithy, trust... to Name some

My problem is every time big hands with a Tiny mouse... and i use One of the biggest on market.

Funny Kabooms

Urses

What I think should be added to this is that if you right click i.e. your engine (or anything else) it should have a small top menu that you can switch from "single" to "All action group" and "all stage" *engines* (*anything*)
The "single" is obvious. It means any change to engine thrust, gimbal or whatever is that one single engine (or part).
"All stage" option will change the same setting to all engines that are part of the stage to which those other engines are assigned.
"All action group" changes the settings to all engines (parts) on that action group.
This way you don't have to open a new window for every engine and set them manually.

And yes, adding to that the ability to type the value in.

100% in favour of this. 

Really P's me off when I spend about 5 mins trying to get an exact figure rather that .5 either side of it.

Also, has anyone noticed that adjustment in flight appears to be easier than in the VAB? It might just be me, but I always manage to adjust to the exact figure I want pretty much first time during a flight whereas I struggle in VAB. Anyone? No? Owh :( 

Any slider should have a numerical entry field.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, Razorforce7 said:

"All action group" changes the settings to all engines (parts) on that action group.

The problem I see with this is that parts can be on more than one action group, so you would need to specify which one you intend.

Other than that, the ability to specify a single item out of symmetrically placed items would be very nice.  (Also, this would be nice for action groups.)

12 hours ago, razark said:

The problem I see with this is that parts can be on more than one action group, so you would need to specify which one you intend.

did you mean to say multiple parts per action group? Otherwise I'm not really sure what you're on about. Also, I don't see a problem with this anyway, action groups already allow for multiple parts and the choice of a specific action for each one under the same command key. I can't see that selecting one component's slide control (or numeric value) posing a great deal of difficulty 

I'm pretty sure, in 1.2 at least, that for fuel tanks the slider snaps into place to keep you having correct ratios... But I haven't played in ~2 weeks, so I could be wrong :wink: 

And yeah, total support. I still think there should be a slider, but just have the option of doing the manual input.

Edited by Benjamin Kerman

7 hours ago, MR L A said:

did you mean to say multiple parts per action group? Otherwise I'm not really sure what you're on about.

No.  I meant multiple action groups per part.

Imagine you have a part, A in action group 1, along with parts B and C.

You also have part A in action group 3, along with D and E.

So, when you trigger "All action group", are you selecting A, B, and C?  Or A, D, and E?  Or A, B, C, D, and E?

See the issue now?

4 hours ago, razark said:

No.  I meant multiple action groups per part.

Imagine you have a part, A in action group 1, along with parts B and C.

You also have part A in action group 3, along with D and E.

So, when you trigger "All action group", are you selecting A, B, and C?  Or A, D, and E?  Or A, B, C, D, and E?

See the issue now?

No. haha.

Action group 1 = parts A,B,C

Action group 3 (what happened to 2?) = parts A, D, E

I'm not sure what trigger "All action group" means. Is there a specific button for triggering ALL action groups? if so, err why? Anyway, assuming you trigger both action groups simultaneously, parts A,B,C,D and E will be triggered. Part A, depending on what you have set in each group, may end up doing nothing at all. I'm not sure if you're explaining yourself properly or not, but i regularly use a single part in multiple action groups with other parts which are also in other action groups...

I'm not overly sure if any of what you have said is a specific problem with adjusting limiters through action groups either.

Colour me confused!!

14 minutes ago, MR L A said:

I'm not sure what trigger "All action group" means.

Did you read the post I was discussing?

On 4/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, Razorforce7 said:

What I think should be added to this is that if you right click i.e. your engine (or anything else) it should have a small top menu that you can switch from "single" to "All action group" and "all stage" *engines* (*anything*)

User suggests adjusting all sliders in the same action group as the selected part.

I pointed out that the part could be in multiple action groups, and that could cause problems with adjusting the sliders on unintended parts.  Therefore the need to specify whether you are adjusting the sliders of all parts in action group one, or all parts in action group 3, or all parts in any action group the selected part may be in.

For example, as part of my "Abort" action group, I have selected "Shutdown" on all engines.  I also have AG4 set to toggle my Orbital Maneuvering Engines (imagine there are three of them).  If I edit the slider on OME 1, and select the suggested "All Action Group" to also adjust OMEs 2 and 3, we run into a problem, because all engines are in the same action group, namely "Abort".  Instead of adjusting my OMEs only, I've just modified every LFO engine on the ship.

Just a thought on the "all action group" thing: it could either pop a question asking if you want it to affect every AG the parts in or a specific one, OR that option to hit all AG could be only accessed from each AG button and affect only that single AG. Just a thought :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.