Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch Provider] Craft Submission Thread!

Here is my payload:

MunNet 1

Type: Communication satellites

Price: 10,501 :funds:

Payload Statistics: 1t, 3.3m High, 1.4m Wide, 4.1m long, 24 parts

Intended Orbit: Equatorial orbit, spaced apart, 600*600

Description: Network for incoming Munar Probes

Launch Provider: Skylon

Rocket: Arthur 1

Craft File: https://kerbalx.com/Firestorm/MunNet-1

19 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

3 new classes of satellites I need launched

Garrob GCC (Global Communication Constellation)

Reveal hidden contents

HrVIsHq.png

hTATnWs.png

Garrob GCC

Made By Me

Global Communications Satellite

I need 8 of them (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

5730 Funds Each

0.617 Tons, 2 by 1.1 by 1.2

150 kms (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

a small communications satellite meant to strengthen low Kerbin orbit communications

need a LP for launch

you can choose how many per launch, but don't edit the shape of the satellite

Craft File https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Garrob-GCC

Zevober GRM

Reveal hidden contents

HY4ihxr.png

HY4ihxr.png

pHFmULf.png

Zevober GRM (Global Radar Mapper)

Made by Me

Radar Mapper

11220 Funds

0.39 Tons (according to KerbalX)

3.16 x 0.88 x 0.88 (radar dish retracted) 3.16 x 2.65 x 0.88 (radar dish extended)

70km 90* orbit

a radar mapper to learn more about Kerbin from the skies, I only need one

need a LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Zevober-GRM

Quaento GWS

Reveal hidden contents

wka9h6Z.png

cqmTOoc.png

Quaento GWS (Global Weather Satellite)

Made by Me

Weather Satellite

37,868 funds

70Km 90* orbit

a VERY expensive weather satellite that we would not be very happy if you broke, so don't. (we already have a decoupler, just add your fairing underneath the structural trusses)

need LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Quaento-GWS

I only need 1 of the Zevober and Quaento, but whoever gets my Garrob contract will have the wonderous prize of having more then one launches!

I can launch all of those in 2 launches for 40k funds, provided they fit inside the fairing. 

Edit: Actually I think I'll launch that last one separately. 

Edit 2: No, I'll launch 4 of the first and another 4 of the second. Then I'll launch the other two in a third launch. Also, 135* is that retrograde at all? So a total of 60k funds. Are all the antenna retractable? Can you fit it in a 1.25m fairing?

@StupidAndy what do you think? Much cheaper than Brent :wink: 

Edited by Skylon

Here goes my first generation reusable lifter:

Retrance ll2

Stock craft with only modded parts being MechJeb2 module.

Payload capacity:

- 2t to Equatorial LKO.(90~110km) (1.9t to ~150km)

- 1.6t to Polar LKO. (90~110km)

- 1.1t to Geostationary transfer orbit.

- 0.85t to Munar Transfer orbit.

Selling on 4000 6000:funds:, launch your payload before my budget runs out!

Total Weight: 16.720t

Dimensions: 18.6m X 1.8m X 1.8m

Payload Mount Instructions:

Spoiler

Payload should have probe core/command module as root part. (If it isn't, re-root it)

Detach the lifter from the ore tank, and attach it on the payload.

You should offset the lifter to fit in the fairing. You may have to rebuild the fairing.

Flight instructions:

Spoiler

RCS should be enabled to control the ship attitude.

Stage manually, MechJeb can't do this properly.  Autostage till the third stage. Decouple the second stage manually if MechJeb can't do that.

Edit ascent path: Set turn start on reaching 75~80m/s. Turn shape 50~60%.
Force Roll climb to 0deg turn/0deg, limit AoA to 5 deg.

Recover the first stage with splashdown, and reenter the second stage with Pe on 38km over KSC. (Use FMRS here)

+ After getting probes to get mun encounter, decreasing Ap is preferable to avoid any failures / save electricity.

+ If you are going higher, you can easily adjust Pe from Ap with RCS fuel. (Or remaining fuel) If Ap is under geostationary orbit, get Pe over 39~40km or it'll burn up.

Deploy fairing before deploying parachute!

Whenever Mechjeb freaks out, please fly manually. (Especially with small correction burns)

+ Please don't engage time acceleration before first stage separation. - If you really want, up to x2 may be okay.

+ Abort action is implemented; It'll detach all fairings and parachutes. Turn off engines manually. (I think they'll never be uncontrollable... won't they?

EDIT: Done the test, with a few fixes.

EDIT2: Updated the craft & instructions. @TheEpicSquared

Edited by Reusables

29 minutes ago, Abastro said:

Here goes my first generation reusable lifter:

Retrance ll2

Stock craft with only modded parts being MechJeb2 module.

Selling on 4000:funds:, launch your payload before my budget runs out!

Capable of lifting 2t.

(Replace the ore tank with the payload)

Flight instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

RCS should be enabled to control the ship attitude.

Stage manually, MechJeb can't do this properly.

Edit ascent path: Set turn start on reaching 70m/s. Force Roll climb to 0deg turn/0deg, limit AoA to 5 deg.

Recover the first stage with splashdown, and the second stage with MechJeb Landing Guidance. (Don't allow it to do small correction burns, it's bad at it. Disengage it after dropping Pe. Recommend holding prograde) (Use FMRS here)

Deploy fairing before deploying parachute!

Whenever Mechjeb freaks out, please fly manually. (Especially with small correction burns)

Please wait before adding this to the list, I'm running the final test.

How is that controlled? Remember only payloads are allowed reaction wheels.

30 minutes ago, Skylon said:

How is that controlled? Remember only payloads are allowed reaction wheels.

RCS. It adds a bit of cost, but certainly worth it. (for recovery)

EDIT: Anyone knows how to fix FMRS when it don't want to record stages? It just disable itself...

Edited by Reusables

19 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

3 new classes of satellites I need launched

Garrob GCC (Global Communication Constellation)

Reveal hidden contents

HrVIsHq.png

hTATnWs.png

Garrob GCC

Made By Me

Global Communications Satellite

I need 8 of them (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

5730 Funds Each

0.617 Tons, 2 by 1.1 by 1.2

150 kms (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

a small communications satellite meant to strengthen low Kerbin orbit communications

need a LP for launch

you can choose how many per launch, but don't edit the shape of the satellite

Craft File https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Garrob-GCC

Zevober GRM

Reveal hidden contents

HY4ihxr.png

HY4ihxr.png

pHFmULf.png

Zevober GRM (Global Radar Mapper)

Made by Me

Radar Mapper

11220 Funds

0.39 Tons (according to KerbalX)

3.16 x 0.88 x 0.88 (radar dish retracted) 3.16 x 2.65 x 0.88 (radar dish extended)

70km 90* orbit

a radar mapper to learn more about Kerbin from the skies, I only need one

need a LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Zevober-GRM

Quaento GWS

Reveal hidden contents

wka9h6Z.png

cqmTOoc.png

Quaento GWS (Global Weather Satellite)

Made by Me

Weather Satellite

37,868 funds

70Km 90* orbit

a VERY expensive weather satellite that we would not be very happy if you broke, so don't. (we already have a decoupler, just add your fairing underneath the structural trusses)

need LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Quaento-GWS

I only need 1 of the Zevober and Quaento, but whoever gets my Garrob contract will have the wonderous prize of having more then one launches!

I can launch a Garrob to 150 km orbit for $12,500 if you are okay with flying on the demo flight. If I get a mass contract I can give you a 20% discount, lowering it to $20,000 a launch. (Which may be lowered later depending on how recovering this rocket goes)

I can launch the Zevobar for $25,000, or $20,000 if same contract with Garrobs.

I could launch 2 Garrobs at a pop for the same price, but could probably only get to 80 km x 150 km transfer orbit. If your sats can burn with their engines for final orbit, the cost will effectively be halved, for you.

Without knowing the mass of the Quaento I can't give you a bid on that. (But it looks too heavy for my rocket.)

Edited by Brent Kerman

1 minute ago, Brent Kerman said:

I can launch a Garrob to 150 km orbit for $12,500 if you are okay with flying on the demo flight. If I get a mass contract I can give you a 20% discount, lowering it to $20,000 a launch. (Which may be lowered later depending on how recovering this rocket goes)

I could launch 2 at a pop for the same price, but could probably only get to 80 km x 150 km transfer orbit. If your sats can burn with their engines for final orbit, the cost will effectively be halved, for you.

well with Garrob theres supposed to be eight of them, but sure!

not sure how you would get two of them in one launch due to the reflectatron on top, but we can do the final burn, kind of why I put a engine on my satellite.

YOU HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH THE LAUNCH CONTRACT! don't be like fil and spill grape juice on the probe core...

1 minute ago, StupidAndy said:

well with Garrob theres supposed to be eight of them, but sure!

not sure how you would get two of them in one launch due to the reflectatron on top, but we can do the final burn, kind of why I put a engine on my satellite.

YOU HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH THE LAUNCH CONTRACT! don't be like fil and spill grape juice on the probe core...

Which sats, and are you ok with flying on demo mission? (Payload fairing can hold two sats with internal strut structure I think.)

Edited by Brent Kerman

1 minute ago, Skylon said:

Did you see my launch offer?

the Ugoona? I don't think I'll be launching it anytime soon, due to the fact that the station doesn't need a resupply, the rockets so far cant lift more then 3 tons and it was just in all a not very well designed craft, I'll resume editing when I get a station contract...

No this one: 

8 hours ago, Skylon said:

I can launch all of those in 2 launches for 40k funds, provided they fit inside the fairing. 

Edit: Actually I think I'll launch that last one separately. 

Edit 2: No, I'll launch 4 of the first and another 4 of the second. Then I'll launch the other two in a third launch. Also, 135* is that retrograde at all? So a total of 60k funds. Are all the antenna retractable? Can you fit it in a 1.25m fairing?

@StupidAndy what do you think? Much cheaper than Brent :wink: 

1 minute ago, StupidAndy said:

the Ugoona? I don't think I'll be launching it anytime soon, due to the fact that the station doesn't need a resupply, the rockets so far cant lift more then 3 tons and it was just in all a not very well designed craft, I'll resume editing when I get a station contract...

Also @TheEpicSquared can launch 4.5t for 21,000. 

1 minute ago, Brent Kerman said:

He is getting a large discount for demo launch and mass contract, not standard rate.

That is 1 for 12,500. Fairing permitting I can launch 3 for 20k. Almost half as cheap.

well, I need to launch 8 of them, so I think 2 for @Brent Kerman and @Skylon each, and whoever does a better job with them as in cheaper, non-explosiver, and faster will get the final 4 to launch

and you can launch two at a time if you can figure out how to launch two at a time

Edited by StupidAndy

Firebreather I has entered the beta phase of development.  Initial simulations indicate it will likely be used for small satellites.  Beta phase will include further fine-tuning, and if it needs it, further additions of small tanks.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:34 PM, KenjiKrafts said:

My rocket entry, is finally here!

Enter the Samurai XVII - First Variant "XVII" Is just how many tries it took :cool: 

https://gyazo.com/099cbe7c8879bb52db47aafdde60dcfc - Samurai XVII 

Craft file - https://kerbalx.com/KenjiKrafts/Samurai-VXII

Does this mean I can be re-added as a LP???? :D 

8 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Firebreather I has entered the beta phase of development.  Initial simulations indicate it will likely be used for small satellites.  Beta phase will include further fine-tuning, and if it needs it, further additions of small tanks.

Make sure you have checked out the main thread, and discuss things there