Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch Provider] Craft Submission Thread!

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Oh damn, I've got some competition! :) 

As for the Zephyr crew module, you might want to add some more life support. I'm not going to be changing anything once you give me your craft, so any failures are all on you (unless it was a bug, etc). :)  

Is the first stage 1.875m? 

Basically what @StupidAndy said. There's more info in the OP of the main thread. :) 

LVs can't have reaction wheels, but payloads can.

Yeah the main thread didn't help much either. Basically you jusf launch player suggestions?

19 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

ICMM-XYYZZY aerospace presents, an actual design for:

The Leviathan

https://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Leviathan

HQl2dpq.jpg

Cost: 150,000 Kerbucks

Reveal hidden contents

Rocket cost: 123,754

Recoverable parts on pad: -7000

Subtotal: 123,054

Markup: +10%

Total: 150,000 KB

Yes, it's expensive. Spaceflight is expensive, okay? If you want to take Kerbals to a station in LKO, this is the only way to do it.

Don't panic! We plan to be able to recover the first stage (at some point) to make the whole thing cheaper.

Development cost: 618, 620 Kerbucks

Sadly, we don't have enough money to develop it.

So! We need a loan from the Kerbal bank. 200,000 KB should do it.

@TheEpicSquared @Skylon

ALSO: Is the Steve pad abort scheduled?

ALSO, ALSO: How much will Civilian Kerbals pay for a quick jaunt to a Sub-orbital trajectory in, say, a Mk2 Crew cabin? What about a mk3 cabin?

How much can it lift? Expecting more than 20 tons for that price

It's a crew launch vehicle designed to have lots of redundancy, which is where a lot of the cost comes from. It's not really a cargo LV. I'll check though.

... Yep, Steve + the SM is a little over 20 Tons.

@Skylon, If you want to invest the 200,000 KB for the development, you can have a crew lifter for the stargate stations in no time.

======================================================

@TheEpicSquared, the first stage is 3.75m. Last time I checked, there was just the 35m height restriction on tier-2 rockets.

Edited by icantmakemodels

2 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

It's a crew launch vehicle designed to have lots of redundancy, which is where a lot of the cost comes from. It's not really a cargo LV. I'll check though.

@Skylon, If you want to invest the 200,000 KB for the development, you can have a crew lifter for the stargate stations in no time.

@TheEpicSquared, the first stage is 3.75m. Last time I checked, there was just the 35m height restriction on tier-2 rockets.

1. I am working on a 2-crew transport for the StarGate stations.

2. Second iterations have to be 1.875 or just have small additional boosters. For example, my Arthur-2 will just have two 0.625m SRBs added.

And as I have said before many times, keep discussion to the other thread.

Edited by Skylon

18 hours ago, Skylon said:

I can launch them cheaper for 18,000 (I lowered the price) and do lots of orbital manoeuvring. 

Thanks for the offer. I really don't want to inconvenience @53miner53 this early in the game, but given the possible profits, i'd like to propose a deal:

I'll pay you the same :funds:50,000 i offered before, but on this condition: I get to launch at least 3 of Stargate's modules (or 2, with at least one crew transfer using the Zephyr). You get more money, i get more future missions. Win win. sound like a good deal :)?

Edited by quasarrgames

@quasarrgames if you are willing to lift over 4-5 tons you can lift two of my currently created modules. The first StarGate station will simply have a logistics module, a cargo ,module and a habitation module. The payloads won't have propulsion so you will need to perform rendezvous manoeuvres to around 250km (I need to check the radiation belts). They do have RCS though. The cargo module should be lifts liftable.

My own Arthur-1 will launch the crew and cargo transports.

Edited by Skylon

Hello everyone,

I have a satellite requiring launching to space: The MapSat 1 'Minerva,

The mission requirements/payload information are as follows:

Name: MapSat 1 'Minerva,

Type: Mapping satellite

Price: :funds:18,386 per unit

Mass, part count, dimensions: 1.279t, 19 parts, 2.0m * 1.3m * 1.4m

Note: These statistics (Price and mass,parts, dimensions) include the 1.25m adapter plate and separation device.

Description of payload: A small satellite designed to map road systems for use with personal navigation

Intended orbit: 100km * 100km, 98* inclination

I am currently planning on using the Retrance II2 by @Abastro, but if anyone can provide a cheaper alternative, I may reconsider. The payload itself is here.

Edited by TangerineSedge

On 4/21/2017 at 2:00 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Basically you jusf launch player suggestions?

Well, it's more developed than that. Basically what we're trying to do is emulate real life, so a forum user can be either a launch provider (like SpaceX or ULA) or a payload provider (like SES), or both. LPs have budgets that they have to increase by making profits per launch, which is why we all of us who are LPs are competing for payloads.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:11 PM, icantmakemodels said:

Second iterations can only be 1.875m fuel tanks, sorry. You'll have to redesign your LV to meet those requirements.

Oh, and I'll schedule the Steve pad abort test.

1 hour ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Well, it's more developed than that. Basically what we're trying to do is emulate real life, so a forum user can be either a launch provider (like SpaceX or ULA) or a payload provider (like SES), or both. LPs have budgets that they have to increase by making profits per launch, which is why we all of us who are LPs are competing for payloads.

Second iterations can only be 1.875m fuel tanks, sorry. You'll have to redesign your LV to meet those requirements.

Oh, and I'll schedule the Steve pad abort test.

And the Copper 1 demo flight?

Draconiator Aerospace presents....

66f5524265c6dc7795b3ab309fecbcda.png

The Mosquito I (KerbalX link)

Designed for a 200km equatorial orbit, the Mosquito I can loft 1 ton to that target orbit.  We have also created a demo video, with launch configuration and test payload viewable below.  It is cheap, with each complete system costing us 76,000 (rounded to the nearest hundred) to construct, but we are offering a 85k launch cost, which we hope will be attractive to any prospective buyer.

Our demo video:

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

If I made a heavy variant of Copper 1, would I have to make it under 20m tall?

I don't think so. I'm making a full thrust version of the Trinity too. Takes 5 tons to LKO with delta v for rendezvousing too, but it's 25m tall with a fairing. Technically it should be only 20m tall without one though, so it might be fine. Should be able to just barely afford the costs of development.

On 22/04/2017 at 3:51 AM, Skylon said:

@quasarrgames if you are willing to lift over 4-5 tons you can lift two of my currently created modules. The first StarGate station will simply have a logistics module, a cargo ,module and a habitation module. The payloads won't have propulsion so you will need to perform rendezvous manoeuvres to around 250km (I need to check the radiation belts). They do have RCS though. The cargo module should be lifts liftable.

My own Arthur-1 will launch the crew and cargo transports.

The Trinity can lift 4 tons to a 75km orbit with about 150m/s of delta v left, and 4.5 tons to the same orbit with a max of 50m/s left. So not enough to perform a rendezvous maneuver. HOWEVER, if your stations have more than 250m/s of delta v in RCS, it should be doable.

Alternatively, the Trinity Full Thrust (such an original name :P) is almost complete, and early testing shows it is capable of sending 20% more payload to orbit with even more delta v left over, so it'll do the job. Not sure what the development costs for it would be though.

I would be fine with your Arthur lifting crew transports, but for both our sakes, it would be much better if you used my Zephyr transport to actually take crew to the station. Here's why:

1- It's super expensive otherwise- i've already put :funds:50,000 into designing the Zephyr crew transport. You might not be able to afford the expense of making your own crew module given all the launches you already have planned.

2- Time- the Zephyr is almost complete and test-certified, with a launch spot reserved. I haven't seen any other crew modules with its capability. It could be in-game months before you or anyone else gets a launch spot to test a complete version. 

3- Corporate partnerships are good- We'd both get to share the money from missions in the future. Plus you'd get loads of profits very soon from the OxBoxSat mission. 

What do you say? Do we have a deal? :kiss:

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

TheEpicSquared and I have proudly concurred on the idea of the Youtube channel idea, and are in the process of revamping it. So ladies and gentlemen, prepare for a new medium, which is video. So you may be wondering, what is going to b on the channel? Well, we will be posting a video of each launch, along with a monthly update revolving around the participant's standings. Thank you for your continuous support! :) 

The link for the Youtube Channel is found here!

Edited by Oliverm001x

I proudly present to you...
Pixie-C1
This innovative vehicle was created by SkyTech Aerospace, owned by @Skylon, as a method of transporting kerbals to space, for the first time in private spaceflight history. It can carry two kerbals to space, and features not only a launch escape system, but also a sophisticated landing rockets to allow soft landings even on solid ground, and potentially a secondary escape system.

Anyway, I would like to schedule a pad abort test of this. The setup can be found here, and the instructions here:

Spoiler

Action groups/instructions:
1. Hit abort/backspace to abort (duh)
2. Press 1 just before sepratron burnout to jettison the LES
3. If above 5,000 metres, press 2 to pull out the drogues
4. If not above 5,000 metres or descending on drogues press 3 to cut the drogues and pull out the mains
5. When 7-10 metres above the terrain you can press 4 to fire the landing boosters. The craft can land without them, but they soften the landing.

The capsule and service module weigh 4.55 tons together, allowing for their use on existing launch vehicles to be lifted into orbit. I will only contract a few of these launches to other rockets (I plan to use my in-development Arthur-Heavy for that), so make sure to snap up those contracts fast. If you want to be chosen, provide your launch vehicle's cost and max payload because I'm too lazy to check.

Edited by Skylon

11 hours ago, HobbitJack said:

I keep getting a 404 error on the craft link.

9 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Me too.

Will fix when I hve access to KSP

EDIT: Should be fixed now

Edited by Skylon

Here is my new creation, a spacecraft called Vincin (a river near my birthplace). It's a one-man capsule with a simple abort system, a compact service module(fuel, RCS, coms, batteries, solar panels) and about 700m/s deltav. It's modded and made with Porkjet parts, SXT and Tweakscale. Link: https://kerbalx.com/Andiron/Vincin-I

sW91hEr.jpg

Spoiler

Vincin I 

a) Payload name? Vincin I
    b) Payload provider? @Andiron
    c) Type of payload? Manned spacecraft
    d) Payload price? 3676 kb
    e) Payload mass, part count and dimensions? 2.446t / 30 parts / 3.67x1.25x1.25
    f) Intended orbit (apoapsis, periapsis, inclination, any other orbital info)? Pad test(static fire and abort), suborbital flight then LKO
    g) Short description of the payload? One-man capsule with an abort system and a service module

Edited by Andiron

On 02/05/2017 at 0:01 AM, Andiron said:

Here is my new creation, a spacecraft called Vincin (a river near my birthplace). It's a one-man capsule with a simple abort system, a compact service module(fuel, RCS, coms, batteries, solar panels) and about 700m/s deltav. It's modded and made with Porkjet parts, SXT and Tweakscale. Link: https://kerbalx.com/Andiron/Vincin-I

sW91hEr.jpg

Hide contents

Vincin I 

a) Payload name? Vincin I
    b) Payload provider? @Andiron
    c) Type of payload? Manned spacecraft
    d) Payload price? 3676 kb
    e) Payload mass, part count and dimensions? 2.446t / 30 parts / 3.67x1.25x1.25
    f) Intended orbit (apoapsis, periapsis, inclination, any other orbital info)? Pad test(static fire and abort), suborbital flight then LKO
    g) Short description of the payload? One-man capsule with an abort system and a service module

Is there a plan as to the intended duration of the mission, seeing as this is a manned mission?

12 minutes ago, Oliverm001x said:

Is there a plan as to the intended duration of the mission, seeing as this is a manned mission?

Not yet, however I think (@Andiron please confirm via our PM) that I have a launch contract for three (might be expanded in the future) Vincin launches on the Iridium I, to validate the systems in the Vincin.

Once those tests are complete, @Andiron can figure something out. :)