Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch Provider] Craft Submission Thread!

1 hour ago, Seabo14 said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzr683cBbGPTU2JCa1d3VXFYcFk

Here is the launch ensemble for Mun-1, it is absolutely imperative to be launched D16 H0M20, into a 75Km orbit. Enable RCS on launch, but when out of the atmosphere please disable the Vernors, but leave the monoprops. Hibernate the Probe on the trip to the mun, and deploy antennae with 1. Wait till the Mun phase angle is ~111*, then burn till encountered. Then put it into a 30Km Munar orbit.

Cost is 22,750 funds. Maybe I could secure some government funding for such a monumental mission? :P

Thanks,

Seabo14

Sorry, but thanks to KCT, your rocket won't finish building in time for your launch window. :( 

jJbMFr6.png

Teaser Image: Titanium One- R&D not completed.... Up soon :) 

NOTE: I am not an imbecile and can see that the staging is not correct :D. (Before the torrent of comments) *cough cough @TheEpicSquared*cough cough.... :wink: 

Edited by Oliverm001x

Due to the efficiency of the upper stage engine I have changed the characteristic of my craft:

Cobra I

Costumer Price: 15,000 founds

Payload to LKO: 1 ton

The first stage is reusable

@TheEpicSquared My rocket has a payload which can get into a LMO. It weights a bit more than one ton (I succeeded in going into a LKO with it) so if you run out of fuel you can use the payload engine.

Can I have a government refund for this mission ?

https://kerbalx.com/CairoJack/Cobra-I

Edited by CairoJack

I am planning on getting contracts to resupply the station (hey @TheEpicSquared, can we get a picture of it?)

so BEHOLD! MY DRAGON! MY CST-100! MY IF THERE WAS A THIRD THIS WOULD BE IT OH WAIT WHAT ABOUT CYGNUS!

BEHOLD! THE Ugoona Mk1 CRS!

I hope to get a contract for MOAR FUNDS!! with this beautiful thing!

Ugoona BSp-For transport of Batteries and Spare parts

Ugoona V- for transport of Vital supplies such as water and food

Ugoona G- for transport of gaseous materials such as O2,, Nitrogen and Hydrogen, can also bring back CO2

I will also stop being a LP until I decide to go back, I might come back to it eventually, but for now I want to only be a PP

My rocket entry, is finally here!

Enter the Samurai XVII - First Variant "XVII" Is just how many tries it took :cool: 

Cost - 32,350

Sales Cost - 35,000

Its a low end lifter that's not to be joked about! 

RCS guided.

It requires a thrusted payload, Warranty void if used without.

Weight - 37tonnes

Height - 20.4 M - Fairing

Width - 3 M - Fairing

Engines - Main is a SpaceY Kiwi, launch assisted are four Thuds

https://gyazo.com/099cbe7c8879bb52db47aafdde60dcfc - Samurai XVII 

Craft file - https://kerbalx.com/KenjiKrafts/Samurai-VXII

Edited by KenjiKrafts
more info

@Skylon: Yeah, I was thinking of switching out the Vector for something more reasonable like a Swivel or Reliant. It currently has a fun tendency to do style flips after an over-correction wobble.

ALSO: @TheEpicSquared -- Athena I is now The Helium Rocket. All the noble gasses (He, Ne, Ar, Kr, Xe, Rn), and "Steve" are reserved for future ICMM industries rockets.

Edited by icantmakemodels

2 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I am planning on getting contracts to resupply the station (hey @TheEpicSquared, can we get a picture of it?)

so BEHOLD! MY DRAGON! MY CST-100! MY IF THERE WAS A THIRD THIS WOULD BE IT OH WAIT WHAT ABOUT CYGNUS!

BEHOLD! THE Ugoona Mk1 CRS!

I hope to get a contract for MOAR FUNDS!! with this beautiful thing!

Ugoona BSp-For transport of Batteries and Spare parts

Ugoona V- for transport of Vital supplies such as water and food

Ugoona G- for transport of gaseous materials such as O2,, Nitrogen and Hydrogen, can also bring back CO2

I will also stop being a LP until I decide to go back, I might come back to it eventually, but for now I want to only be a PP

Hey who's launching it? I can launch the Ugoona G on my Arthur 1 rocket for 20,000 funds

1 minute ago, Skylon said:

Hey who's launching it? I can launch the Ugoona G on my Arthur 1 rocket for 20,000 funds

I don't know who's launching it, I still have to edit it, but I also need a picture of the station

I would like to present the Kerbal Launch Alliance 

Our first LV the Theata 1 is a mostly recoverable Launcher that is capable of putting payloads into any orbit for up to 25,000 funds. 

Further launchers are in development. 

5 minutes ago, Skylon said:

I think currently the station isn't in orbit, TheEpicSquared is currently ill, but it will be up soonish iguess.

I'm going to get it up tomorrow. I'll also try to do 2-3 missions.

Oh, and for the Iridium I, I can safely up my payload rating, as I just tested it. 

The Iridium I is now officially capable of putting 4.5 tons into a 150km equatorial orbit. 

And I've reduced the customer cost as well, to 21,000 funds. I can still make good profits this way.

@Skylon Competition is rising between us! :wink: 

Damn I'm being beaten here noooo! :confused: Time to up my rating.

Also did you make any changes to increase payload and decrease price?

I am currently re-testing the Arthur 1 with around 3.375t. DeltaV is tight but... we'll see.

Also do the delta-v maps take into account atmospheric efficiency? This thing has 3,500m/s vacuum. Well, that's not taking into account the extra dV from fairing deployment :rolleyes:

Edited by Skylon

I was 60m/s short of orbit, so I'm rating it for 3t now. Costs now at 6666:funds:/ ton. And for some reason I thought my rockets were costing over 15,000 to launch, but they are just over 11,000. So I can lower the price :) .

@TheEpicSquared I've updated the craft files now. Please re-download them (especially the Skysats)

Also @TheEpicSquared to make my Arthur Series reusable I would make these changes:

1. Add parachutes and maybe two lithobraking parts to the upper stage
  2. For the upper stage I would add the smallest fuel tank, decoupler, parachutes and move the RCS onto the fuel tank

How much development time and cost would this take?

3 new classes of satellites I need launched

Garrob GCC (Global Communication Constellation)

Spoiler

HrVIsHq.png

hTATnWs.png

Garrob GCC

Made By Me

Global Communications Satellite

I need 8 of them (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

5730 Funds Each

0.617 Tons, 2 by 1.1 by 1.2

150 kms (2 at 0*, 2 at 45*, 2 at 90*, 2 at 135*)

a small communications satellite meant to strengthen low Kerbin orbit communications

need a LP for launch

you can choose how many per launch, but don't edit the shape of the satellite

Craft File https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Garrob-GCC

Zevober GRM

Spoiler

HY4ihxr.png

HY4ihxr.png

pHFmULf.png

Zevober GRM (Global Radar Mapper)

Made by Me

Radar Mapper

11220 Funds

0.39 Tons (according to KerbalX)

3.16 x 0.88 x 0.88 (radar dish retracted) 3.16 x 2.65 x 0.88 (radar dish extended)

70km 90* orbit

a radar mapper to learn more about Kerbin from the skies, I only need one

need a LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Zevober-GRM

Quaento GWS

Spoiler

wka9h6Z.png

cqmTOoc.png

Quaento GWS (Global Weather Satellite)

Made by Me

Weather Satellite

37,868 funds

70Km 90* orbit

a VERY expensive weather satellite that we would not be very happy if you broke, so don't. (we already have a decoupler, just add your fairing underneath the structural trusses)

need LP

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Quaento-GWS

I only need 1 of the Zevober and Quaento, but whoever gets my Garrob contract will have the wonderous prize of having more then one launches!

Signing up as a PP and a LP.

Here's ComSat A, with two low gain and two high gain, it matches @TheEpicSquared's requirements for a comsat that is useful to the "government."

https://kerbalx.com/Mad_Rocket_Scientist/Comsat-A

4AV1MJ1.png

Stats:

Cost: 6118
Mass: 483kg
Part count: 12
Dimensions: 1.9m high, 1.7m wide, 1m long
Intended orbit: 200x200km.
Comes with decoupler!

And here's Astral, my first launch vehicle:

https://kerbalx.com/Mad_Rocket_Scientist/Astral

rumvUN8.jpg

Cost calculation:

Base VAB price (fueled) is 3725. Launch cost is 3725*1.1 = 4097.5. Most of the first stage is recovered (the fins break) the unfueled cost of that is 1064.9. 4097.5 - 1064.9 = 3032.6. Adding recovery ops cost back in: 1064.9*0.2 = 212.98, 212.98 + 3032.6 = 3245.58.

That counts the launch clamp as expendable, is that right?

A profit margin of ~23% brings everything to a nice, round 4000 funds.

It can carry 1t to LKO, and .45t to TMI, bringing it to 4 funds/kilogram to LKO, slightly undercutting @TheEpicSquared Iridum I's 4.2 funds/kg.

I don't know how to calculate success %s, especially as we are using two part failure mods (kerbalism + dangit) it'd be great if someone could could how to do that.

It has no mechjeb module, and so it needs to be flown manually, here's instructions on how to do that:

Do not launch with RCS on. Wait until you reach 100 m/s, then begin a gravity turn. There's not very much control authority on it, so after a while you'll just be holding d. Stage when the SRB runs empty, don't worry about the parachutes, they're supposed to stage with the SRB. You might need a small boost from the 2nd stage engine at this point. Get rid of the fairing when safe, but before you start the circularization burn. Start the circularization early, a good way to judge how early is to use a maneuver node. Don't use RCS unless it is absolutely necessary i.e. when orienting for a burn, not while burning. It should just take 1t into a 75kmx75km orbit. Use FMRS to switch back to the SRB, it will descend under parachutes to the water with no control.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

I have made a heliology probe! (and apparently the forum software says it isn't a word)

Corrmes CMES

Spoiler

r0Thkut.png

EkMhPiA.png

EkMhPiA.png

zseez3P.png

bvAEnXR.png

nHNEegr.png

Corrmes Coronal Mass Ejection Studier

Made by me

Probe

21,000 Funds

0.838 Tons

1.9 x 1.2 x 1.2

I don't know the exact orbit but have the apoapsis above the magnetosphere and circularize so the probe spends as little time as possible in the magnetosphere, 0*

a heliology probe made to study the effects of CMEs on probe equipment, do not spill grape juice on the probe again fil...

have it up by year 2 at the most, earlier is better, so we can have longer understanding of the CMEs for future probes

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Corrmes-CMES

this is the greatest thing I have posted so far in this, argh! no noun! it has the most meaning, wait, THE ONLY ONE WITH MEANING!

Edited by StupidAndy
apperently CTRL-Enter autoposts the thing...who knew?

As a payload provider, I plan to send a absurdly massive comsat into keostationary orbit.

Name - Super Array (insert greek letter from alphabet here, starting with Alpha)

Provider - Me? Do I insert a company name?

Basically a comsat used by kerbals to get TV anywhere

Intended for keostationary orbit, inclination ideally zero. Includes small orbital adjustment engine, to make it easier on LP. Other required stuff in image.

As of yet, no launch provider seems to be able to carry it into orbit, so I'll let the first person who can carry it do that.

Kebal X and pic (cause the forums really don't like me) https://kerbalx.com/qzgy/Super-Array-Alpha

Edited by qzgy