KSP loads very slow

17 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Rather disrespectful to the community as this was found by players, included in a mod you might have heard of, then made stock at players request.

Then we're back to: why is this game engine tying things completely unrelated to graphics rendering to the framerate.
Loading data from disk into RAM, or modifying configs in ram, has absolutely nothing to do with V-sync. V-sync slowing down ModuleManager points to some properly stupid behavior on the part of Unity.
Disabling V-sync at the loading screen is a workaround, who requested this is irrelevant, it's still a workaround for the lousy game engine. The real fix is to uncouple the facilities MM is using from the framerate.
Also, your second link I cannot view.

On ‎11‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Numerlor said:

Still loading slow?

Maybe his rig stopped functioning entirerly  :sealed:

In a way it could make sense that there is a hardware failure somewhere, I've got just about the same rig, clocked at 4,8 ghz and a modded install (about 20 mods, most QOL and visual) and it loads within 2 minutes.
I'm curious if OP has trouble with other games besides KSP, cause an unmodded install with such a PC should not give any problems loading up KSP.

After the loooong load, how's KSP running from there on?

Checked other installed games for problems...?
Make certain that the windows power savings is are set right (set it to performance mode!)...
Diagnose the health of the HDD/SSD
Since the rig is overclocked, KSP is pretty sensitive if the overclock has the slightest instability. I would do a long cold running stresstest like X264 HD or the Intel Extreme Testing Utility to absolutely make sure it's 100% stable.  If not stable, reset mainboard values to 'performance default' and stresstest again.
If it still fails, stresstest individual components with AIDA64, (mem, sdd, cpu, psu, graphicscard).

Edited by LoSBoL

I have a same issue. It takes 15/30 min to load the game in 32 or 64 bit.

It appeared after updated some mods : Stock visual enhancement, planet shine, scatterer, distant object, module manager.

I removed all mod but still slow ... Is there a cache or something?

Same thing happened to me. Luckily solved the issue by disabling AVAST's gaming mode function.

The mode is intended to provide minimal interference between your game and system monitoring function.

But an option, included in the mode, called 'Power triggering' modifies PC's power management policy, resulting in terrible SSD access speed overall.

It simply overrides whatever the default value is, and doesn't restore the original setting even though the game is closed.

Disabling the function brought back the original loading speed of the game.

So check anything that touchs your power management policy in background. And set your policy to max performance.

You may also want to deal with some SSD optimization options in your BIOS and Window settings.

Cheers.

Wow, thanks you very much JWS !!

Works perfertly now. I load in less than a minute with all addons as before. 

AVAST MENU --> Performance --> Game Mode --> Disable (It was enable)

I remember an recently avast upgrade so the issue come from this.

Thanks for the suggestion JWS. I'm going to try this when I get home.

This has been happening to me off and on for the last couple of weeks. I've found if I sign out of my user account, and then sign back in (obviously), it would work OK for while. But eventually it would go back to loading at a snail's pace again.

It's also not only loading that's affected. If I let the slow load finish, the game would run horribly as well. It would stutter a lot and occasionally lock up for a few seconds at a time. Hopefully this will fix that. Thanks again.

On 17/4/2017 at 5:48 AM, JWS said:

Same thing happened to me. Luckily solved the issue by disabling AVAST's gaming mode function.

The mode is intended to provide minimal interference between your game and system monitoring function.

But an option, included in the mode, called 'Power triggering' modifies PC's power management policy, resulting in terrible SSD access speed overall.

It simply overrides whatever the default value is, and doesn't restore the original setting even though the game is closed.

Disabling the function brought back the original loading speed of the game.

So check anything that touchs your power management policy in background. And set your policy to max performance.

You may also want to deal with some SSD optimization options in your BIOS and Window settings.

Cheers.

Oh thanks man I was going crazy, doing test with DiskMark64 , 4K read speed was terrible the second time I executed KSP , strange thing is that only KSP triggered something in Avast I could play with mass effect andromeda and xcom 2 no problem untiil KSP

I removed avast for now, now It loads KSP in 15 seconds the 2nd time and 50 seconds the first time ( vanilla )

Edited by brusura

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.