[1.3] [V0.2] [Kopernicus] Rangers Planet Pack: EVE and New Star!!!

Solar Ranger

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

ok lol, well you still helped to make this work so I pinged you. I thought you might have asked my question as well.

My brother asked me to make a comlpletely red planet. Ive been trying to think of an explanation for its color but i couldnt think of anything. That is acctually a good idea

I love mods like this. I love doing challenges to try and fly to other solar systems. However I don't care for the fact that you take out sun light is their something I can do to put that back to normal. If not that's fine your's is the best solar system mod i've found yet, these are pretty rare sadly.

9 hours ago, superkurbol2014 said:

I love mods like this. I love doing challenges to try and fly to other solar systems. However I don't care for the fact that you take out sun light is their something I can do to put that back to normal. If not that's fine your's is the best solar system mod i've found yet, these are pretty rare sadly.

Sure, inside Gamedata/RIO there is a Sun.cfg just delete that and it should work. Just to say ive only removed light from the stock sun which is used as a reference body for the center only. Please you like it. Enjoy the mod!!!

On 2017-6-17 at 11:54 AM, Solar Ranger said:

So i said that when i was happy with my planets i would add compatibility for @Gameslinx planet overhaul. So now its tine to decide should the pack has its own system or should it be in the starting system? Once decided i can start to work on a patch!!!

It might want its own system, or you will need to do a bit of jiggering about since there's a lot of stuff added!

With the pack progressing very well and coming along nicely, I must warn you of something which happened to a couple of modders including myself.

I would send this as a private message (you can continue the discussion there rather than here if you wish), but others may want to see it too.

At some point, your mod will be reviewed. I will not mention any names, but it is a guarantee that it will be noticed by someone.

What happened with me was that my planet mod was reviewed by this person a very long time before I was ready for it. This lead to people getting wrong idea about the mod, because back then it didn't look anything like it does now.

And in turn this means people are more likely to dismiss the mod instead of downloading it, which I have certainly not failed to notice.

Don't let this happen with your mod, because it definitely plays a huge part in your actual career in real life. You can mention it on your CV depending on what job you get, and the reviews of the mod will decide whether it will be noticed or disregarded as 'just another one'.

A simple notice on the OP thread saying 'not open for reviewal yet' would stop this from happening - if it does, he is in 'the wrong' and not you. I might seem overly protective, and a review of the mod may sound absolutely amazing (it does) but think of it from the way I see it:

Looking back to the past nearly 5 months ago, when my own mod was 1 month old, if I was not a modder I would not download my own planet pack. I'd think to myself that there is better, like Galileo's, the classic OPM, The White Guardian's creations, Kargantua, Kolyphemus, Kerbol Origins, Kerbal Star Systems. I'd think, looking at what the mod looked like back then, that it's just another attempt at things that already exist. It's a pessimistic view but I'm a pessimistic person. I set myself a high standard which I will always try to achieve, which is either good or bad, possibly both.

The thing is, the review will give you a short boost in terms of 'popularity'(*) but in 5 months time, perhaps the opposite.

(*): I don't want to say popularity. Modding is not about the number of downloads, videos made, screenshots or comments on a thread. It is a passion which is why we do it and haven't stopped. Sure, it is nice to see pictures, videos or even people's opinions of your own work and it is certainly motivating, but you cannot truly be finished when you - yourself - step back for the last time and appreciate everything you have gone through, to finally turn your back to it at last and say to yourself that you have finished what you set out to do.

I hope this hasn't been a rant, but just keep the above in mind.

- Linx.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, you may have noticed that this thread has been very quiet lately. This is becuase i have lost inspiration to continue this mod and i have decided to stop developing it. Before i go however i would like to change the license to MIT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.