Kerbal maxTemp progression

Galileo

I am brainstorming a way to allow for the maxTemp & skinMaxTemp to be raised incrementally as you progress through a career.

Quite a few planet packs use "hazardous oceans", and what these "oceans" do is simulate heat being radiated from the surface or ocean, eventually leading to an explosion or a puff of smoke where a kerbal once stood. What Im hoping to achieve is simple: Upgrade the Astronaut Complex to level 2 and it increases the maxTemp of a kerbal by 400. Upgrade the complex to level three and it will increase the maxTemp by another 400. Anything over 1600 is a bit overkill and unrealistic i feel. Retreating to the vessel to cool down should be required at some point. I was hoping this could be possible with Custom Barn Kit or KRnD but I'm afraid it's not at the moment.

@sarbian maybe is this something that could work in Custom Barn Kit?

Edited by Galileo

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Galileo no promises but I'll see if I can bodge something together

If you do it, and add some //commented out explanation of what is doing what, I can maintain it. I have some knowledge of c# just not enough to be confident to do it myself. I hope my explanation was simple enough.

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you do it, and add some //commented out explanation of what is doing what, I can maintain it. I have some knowledge of c# just not enough to be confident to do it myself. I hope my explanation was simple enough.

Yup the explanation made perfect sense to me. Looks like I can steal some code from TAC ls to modify kerbals. I'll be sure to comment stuff this time (I tend to be bad at doing that :cool:)

3 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Yup the explanation made perfect sense to me. Looks like I can steal some code from TAC ls to modify kerbals. I'll be sure to comment stuff this time (I tend to be bad at doing that :cool:)

As long as you follow the license and include a copy of the TAC license with your mod.

10 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

As long as you follow the license and include a copy of the TAC license with your mod.

GPP (the mod where my bodge would be distributed in) is CC BY-NC-ND. TAC is CC BY-NC-SA. I'm not an expert at licencing so I'm wondering if my thing could be released under GPP's licence as long as credit was given to you and TaranisElsu (basically I'm wondering how strict the SA part of CC is)? If not, then it will just stay CC BY-NC-SA.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

10 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

GPP (the mod where my bodge would be distributed in) is CC BY-NC-ND. TAC is CC BY-NC-SA. I'm not an expert at licencing so I'm wondering if my thing could be released under GPP's licence as long as credit was given to you and TaranisElsu (basically I'm wondering how strict the SA part of CC is)? If not, then it will just stay CC BY-NC-SA.

I was expecting a stand alone, just to keep it simple. It would also allow you to keep the same licensing as TAC. That's only if you are cool with that

Edited by Galileo

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Galileo quick update, I have it working to modify the Kerbal's max temp, now all I have to do is add in the AC level stuff (which shouldn't be too hard). Quick question, should I upgrade both MaxTemp and skinMaxTemp or just MaxTemp (and if so should they both go up by 400 each upgrade)?

Great news! Yeah go ahead and upgrade both by intervals of 400.

1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Also, what should the Temps be set to if in Sandbox or in Science mode (no upgrades available)?

Well, since everything is upgraded in those modes, I'd say max 'em out at 1600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.