Quick! What is the coordinates of the highest mountain on Eve!

For ultra efficiency, use parachutes as they don't use fuel and are perfect for eve.

You did bring parachutes didn't you? :0.0:

as for the coordinates: 5° 1' 54" S 98° 38' 7" E this is a tall, flat mountain, perfect for easy descents, if that can be said for eve.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

For ultra efficiency, use parachutes as they don't use fuel and are perfect for eve.

You did bring parachutes didn't you? :0.0:

as for the coordinates: 5° 1' 54" S 98° 38' 7" E this is a tall, flat mountain, perfect for easy descents, if that can be said for eve.

Thank you!

And yes i brought both parachutes and aerobrakes. (i was ready for precisious landing at the sharpest mountain peak!)

Possibly interesting historical footnote in spoiler section below.

Spoiler

Back before the biome overhaul that arrived with KSP 1.2, Eve had a really dull set of biomes, so I made a mod to jazz it up a little.

...Among the biomes it added was a "micro-biome" covering just that one mountain, giving it its own biome with its own science descriptions, which I thought was kinda fun.  :)

Sadly, it's now kinda moot, what with all the new, fancy biomes on Eve these days, which is why I haven't bothered updating the description of it.  My mod added 6 biomes to Eve's original 1.1-era stock biomes.  That means if you were to install this mod today, you'd actually have fewer biomes than the 15 stock Eve biomes in KSP 1.2.2.

FWIW, I believe it still works just fine even in KSP 1.2.2 (despite being labeled as 1.1-compatible), as long as you have an up-to-date Kopernicus installed.  It's just that there's less point to it than there used to be (i.e. fewer biomes than stock).  The main things that you'd get with this mod in stock, compared with 1.2.2, is lots of per-biome science descriptions, which (I believe) are still fairly lacking on Eve.

I've considered going back and re-doing this mod with the new 1.2.2 Eve (e.g. to add new science descriptions, etc.), but I just haven't had the motivation.  The old Eve was so dull that I was strongly motivated to mod the biomes :wink: ... the new one's not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was-- enough so that "improve it further" is a task for which my laziness > motivation.

Huh.  Now that I go and look, I notice from the wiki that one of the new Eve biomes in 1.2.2 is "Olympus".  Never heard of that one, nor does the wiki page explain it, nor does a forum search turn up anything likely.

Does anyone happen to know what this "Olympus" biome on Eve is?  By any chance might it be the highest mountain, or is it something else?

3 hours ago, Snark said:

Never heard of that one, nor does the wiki page explain it, nor does a forum search turn up anything likely.

Olympus is at 26 deg 43 min S, 147 deg 49 min W. If you want a screenshot, I have to wait for the sun to come up on that side of Eve. :)

2 hours ago, bewing said:

Olympus is at 26 deg 43 min S, 147 deg 49 min W. If you want a screenshot, I have to wait for the sun to come up on that side of Eve. :)

Oh good.  So "make a biome of the highest mountain" is still a thing, and I can name it what I want because it doesn't have a name already.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.