Stock Cylon Raider Mk2

Built this because i'm a massive Galactica fan and no one had seemed to get anywhere near close with this one.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Craft file is hosted here, on kerbalx.

KerbalX hosted craft file and description.

The aim was SSTO, with enough fuel to make a return to the KSC, stupid amounts of manouverability and as close to a stock look as i could get with standard parts.

I think it turned out pretty well. I've a Viper Mk2 that does the same job and is equally capable as well. Will post seperately.

Obviously with something with wings so far forward, Aero is a massive compromise, but it does fly well enough to land the thing. Heavy though at almost 51 Tonnes.

Bind all intakes and R.A.P.I.E.R mode switch to 1, R.A.P.I.E.R toggle on/off to 2, and the smaller Twitch engines to 3.

You'll need the smaller engines to push the R.A.P.I.E.Rs to the point they can make decent power and take over, this is about 400m/sec peak, then turn them off again. You can use them in orbit as they're a bit more efficient but i don't think you would somehow. (or just use them as extra boost to chase down that viper)

You can fly this manned, or unmanned, as its got a probe core and a cockpit. It also has a docking port at the rear, if you ever got adventurous enough to try and build a Base Star.

Enjoy.

Edited by atassiedevil
Typo errors

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

You can show pictures directly by copying the BBCode imgur link into your posts. 

Nice craft, by the way. 

In IMGUR, you can also right click on an image. On the pop-up menu, right click "Copy Link Location" and paste that link directly into the forum. Works every time... as long as it is a valid link...

@atassiedevil: I am a fan of both the new and old Battlestar Galactica. Nice job on the Cylon Raider. But for some reason, I was hoping to see this:

Cylon_Raider_Original_15.jpg

But I do like your viper and new style Cylon Raider...

Edited by adsii1970

15 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

In IMGUR, you can also right click on an image. On the pop-up menu, right click "Copy Link Location" and paste that link directly into the forum. Works every time... as long as it is a valid link...

@atassiedevil: I am a fan of both the new and old Battlestar Galactica. Nice job on the Cylon Raider. But for some reason, I was hoping to see this:

Showing my age, but I had that toy.

raider.jpeg

On 4/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, Soda Popinski said:

Showing my age, but I had that toy.

raider.jpeg

Um, I had that and a Colonial Viper as well. But being a "Military Brat", the family move from Fort Bragg to Frankfurt (FRG at the time!) meant that Murphy's Laws struck. A whole box of my stuff went missing as a result of the move! Lost all my Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars toys in ONE box! But not going to complain too loudly, that was over thirty years ago. 

The good thing is with the SyFy channel remake, I was able to get a few of the Micro Machines "classic" Vipers... all is good in the world!

battlestar-galactica-titanium-series-die

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2017 at 1:52 AM, adsii1970 said:

Ahh, you want this don't you?

Since you mentioned it i've been working on it. Wasn't particularly easy either, not with the level of detail required to keep it looking authentic, as per the Pierre Drolet Model.

It's hosted on kerbalx, and i hope you enjoy.

41 minutes ago, atassiedevil said:

Ahh, you want this don't you?

Since you mentioned it i've been working on it. Wasn't particularly easy either, not with the level of detail required to keep it looking authentic, as per the Pierre Drolet Model.

It's hosted on kerbalx, and i hope you enjoy.

Ah, beautiful craft! Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.