Orbit inclination

The simple way is to drop a node at the AN or DN (whichever is higher, given a choice) and use normal/antinormal and retrograde thrust to change planes.

This is a plane change of about 90 degrees, so there are cheaper ways to do things, but they're more complicated.  They tend to take advantage of the fact that plane changes are cheaper when you're moving slower.

Incidentally, the best way to get the right plane is to launch or capture into it in the first place.

See those spots marked AN and DN?  Those are the two points where your orbit intersects the plane of target orbit.   So that's where you want burn.   Your burn will be mostly normal anti-normal, buy you'll also probably need to add some retrograde to keep your orbit from getting too wide.

When first starting these contacts. I think it's easiest to match plane first,  then match the shape of the orbit. 

You have to wait until you are on the Ascending or descending node (AN or DN), and the burn Normal (the pink triangle) or antinormal (the pink triangle with dashes).

That's the most basic instructions I can give you, there's a more detailed tutorial here, and there are more advanced concepts like matching the orbit from launch or increasing your apoapsis to reduce the deltaV required to match the orbit, but you can explore those later (or someone with more experience can give you better tips than I can anyway)

57 minutes ago, Noobton said:

That's the most basic instructions I can give you, there's a more detailed tutorial here, and there are more advanced concepts like matching the orbit from launch or increasing your apoapsis to reduce the deltaV required to match the orbit, but you can explore those later (or someone with more experience can give you better tips than I can anyway)

Actually is not that much more advanced concepts while may me more difficult (also more rewarding)  in practice. 

Matching inclination from launch means to combine the inclination matching with the launch.  To effectively match inclination it need to be done at AN/DN which in this case means when the launchpad is bellow target orbit. 

Raising orbit before changing inclination.  For large inclination changes this always results in less total deltaV.  Burn progade at AN to raise DN, match inclination at DN(or the other way around).  How much to raise the orbit?  As much as possible. Notice others said "raise apoapsis",  what you want to raise is the AN/DN with may not coincide with apoapsis before the maneuver. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.