[1.2.2] Firma 0.1.3

Sassenach

I've put together a selection of parts meant for the building of bases on foreign bodies. Designed to tesselate on a cubic grid and represent a more permanent foothold.

No strict mod dependencies

Configs provided for MKS, Near Future Electronics, Community Tech Tree, and Connected Living Space functionality.

Benefits greatly from a means to build away from the KSC e.g. Ground Construction/Extraplanetary launchpads

Heavy parts, may benefit from Ubiozur Welding for structural Integrity.

Reasonably light weight otherwise, tried to keep computer resource usage to a minimum.

Kottabos' Youtube Review:

Spoiler

Pictures:

Spoiler

Full set of parts at present

iRfB8kJ.jpg

Minmus flats edifice

q5oamoc.png

Changelog

Spoiler

• Added provisional Pathfinder configs. Will reconfigure parts to swappable Pathfinder modules and remove USI swappable modules if Pathfinder is installed.
  • Corrected titles on windowed corner and windowed 45 parts

Downloads:

SpaceDock

Github

Dev Thread:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

I'd like to thank dboi88 for answering some my questions when I was getting started.

Edited by Sassenach

Physics load is definitely not your friend. I briefly tried Ubiozur Welding but I'm not patient enough to figure out how to use it. Grabbed KJR and works perfectly. When I complete my Duna colony I'll take some screen shots.

Hmm, could try that. The current set was designed to be fairly lightweight (only 3 sets of 1024x1024 textures for all main part textures with a decal for each functional part), and I suspect rounded would require more, but I've also been considering more detailed parts (i.e. not just the polymer panel and a sticker), which might include at least a dome for a nuclear reactor, so it's possible I could do rounded parts too.

I confess I don't know what Pathfinder is, but I shall I take a look and see what can be done.

Speaking of stickers, I know there are lots of USI functions missing (i.e. all of the industrial stuff). Anything particularly sorely and I'll sort out one of the basics.

edit:

I've added in some very simple Pathfinder configs. I don't have a good feeling for how Pathfinder works as a hole though so I have surely missed something. If anyone more familiar wishes to take a look and report desired changes here or on Github I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Sassenach
didn't want to doublepost

15 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

That would be smashing, linuxgurugamer. I tried to do a PR myself, but I fear I messed up. Any cooperation you need?

no, I'll just grab the zip and build it from there.  Will make those mods it supports as suggested, will get to it later

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Angel-125 & @Sassenach: I see so much that your two mods can be used together. What about adapters to connect the two? I can see a lot of potential... :D

Yup, definitely. I could make some adapters to fit inflatables to the Firma parts, write some config files for it, and IVAs if needed. :)

30 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Sassenach: Would you mind if I incorporate your mod into my story? Also, are you planning any IVAs for the mod?

To the first, please do. To the second, they are not presently in the pipeline, but I should like to take a look eventually. Everything I've read suggests they're rather a pain, though, so I may put off learning how to do them and work on less daunting additions before I take a look.If @Angel-125 would like to make IVAs I'd be happy to incorporate them, I doubt I could make better. That said I should like to learn how to work them myself.

I suspect what would be needed is a basic unwindowed cube 'command centre' for any functional part that has crew space, and an IVA for each windowed geometry piece.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.