[1.3] Orion Drive TD Edition

I really really like this mod, I prefer this one much more over Roverdude's variant (mostly because of the unreasonably high pulse rate in that mod). Sadly because it is outdated, it causes some issues when using it. Is there any chance it will be updated to 1.7? Is there a possibility that I can do it myself? I'm sorry if this comes out of nowhere.

Edit: Somehow confused Roverdude with Porkjet

Edited by Plutron

3 hours ago, Plutron said:

I really really like this mod, I prefer this one much more over Porkjet's variant (mostly because of the unreasonably high pulse rate in that mod). Sadly because it is outdated, it causes some issues when using it. Is there any chance it will be updated to 1.7? Is there a possibility that I can do it myself? I'm sorry if this comes out of nowhere.

I'm a complete noob at c#, doubly so the ksp api. I took over the mod, but the original authors were basically a team from my understanding. And the mod extends modules that are no longer extremal, since 1.5 came out. So it needs a rewrite, and so far I haven't had a decent block of time to both learn c# coding, and figure how to achieve what the mod does in the new version of the api.

If you have experience in c# and some time, I'm not above getting assistance. If you were hoping for a recompile, you're out of luck.

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I'm a complete noob at c#, doubly so the ksp api. I took over the mod, but the original authors were basically a team from my understanding. And the mod extends modules that are no longer extremal, since 1.5 came out. So it needs a rewrite, and so far I haven't had a decent block of time to both learn c# coding, and figure how to achieve what the mod does in the new version of the api.

If you have experience in c# and some time, I'm not above getting assistance. If you were hoping for a recompile, you're out of luck.

Thanks for the reply! I'm afraid I'm very inexperienced with c#, so unfortunately I won't be able to assist. I understand that this very complicated so I understand if it won't be updated. Good luck with the rest of your mods!

Damn. When I started replying I had every intention of giving you some salt over mixing up RD and PJ, and then writing  via mobile is so distracting I completely forgot.

I do still at least half intend to eventually update the mod. But I barely have time to make a part from time to time at the moment, and this will be a bit more involved. So don't hold your breath. :)

3 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Damn. When I started replying I had every intention of giving you some salt over mixing up RD and PJ, and then writing  via mobile is so distracting I completely forgot.

I do still at least half intend to eventually update the mod. But I barely have time to make a part from time to time at the moment, and this will be a bit more involved. So don't hold your breath. :)

I feel incredibly stupid for making that mistake so any salt was deserved. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.