Hello!

OmegaOne

Hello - new Kerbal Space Program pilot here!

My son actually found this game and has been messing around with it for some time, then i sat down and played for a few minutes and was immediately hooked.  after a few hours of research, i downloaded CKAN and have really been enjoying some of the mods (haven't gone overboard), especially RSS and SpaceY.

Two questions that have started burning in my head for a few days now:  is there another mod similar to TCA that works better for RSS?  currently, TCA starts my target apoapsis burn pretty much at apoapsis.  the end result is that i usually burn up as my ship drives itself into atmo.

Second question is this: would it be worth it to get an XBox One controller to plug into my Windows 10 PC?  i find the keyboard controls are great until i want to dock something, then i need another two pairs of hands to manipulate all of the controls and change my camera angles.

To the developers of this game (i hope you guys see this): My father (an aerospace engineer) is almost to retirement.  when he retires, he's planning on enjoying KSP quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the easiest way to preform a burn into orbit is to take your estimated burn time and then and divide it by two, then start your burn that answer before until that answer after. Example say my estimated burn time is 28 seconds do 28 divided by 2 that equals 14 so start your burn 14 seconds early and end when you reach your orbit, should be around 14 seconds after you reach apoapsis. No mods needed, this is how I launch all my rockets.

On a different note, an Xbox controller is beautiful for ksp because you can A) dock more easily B) controlling rokets is much easier C) flying planes is not a chore. 

Hope I could help :)

• 2 weeks later...