KSP Weekly: When things start to take shape

SQUAD

41 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yup, that's it. I apologize for going off-topic for a minute, but I've been finding these floating boulders for ages now, and I've weaved them into my Emiko Station story as "Floating Gravioli Boulders". In my story, a floating boulder is a small fragment of a once larger Magic Boulder that smashed into the surface of a planet or moon. 

It's a common, harmless bug that I hope @SQUAD NEVER EVER fixes.... :D

Immediately fixes the floating boulder bug. <Just Kidding> :sticktongue:

5 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Immediately fixes the floating boulder bug. <Just Kidding> :sticktongue:

Ouch!!!  hehe  (Actually, I have a contingency plan if that ever happens...  :wink:)

OK, back on topic... it may have gotten missed, but I was asking, does anyone know what the max speed is for those snazzy new wheels?

Edited by Just Jim

Fantastic news! I love to see development moving at a fast pace. Those new retractable rover wheels look great and I love the idea of having them retractable. Is it possible to see pictures of them next to the other rover wheels for size comparison?

On another note, I have scoured SQAUD's image on the mun  for anything not mentioned by anybody else, and I found something!

On the rover (sorry, I don't know how to post an image into my post), look to the bottom left of the kerbal's head and just to the right of the battery. What is that box-shaped thing? A new RTG? A new probe core? I don't think it is part of the new rover base, because it has a different coloration.

5 minutes ago, CoreI said:

Fantastic news! I love to see development moving at a fast pace. Those new retractable rover wheels look great and I love the idea of having them retractable. Is it possible to see pictures of them next to the other rover wheels for size comparison?

On another note, I have scoured SQAUD's image on the mun  for anything not mentioned by anybody else, and I found something!

On the rover (sorry, I don't know how to post an image into my post), look to the bottom left of the kerbal's head and just to the right of the battery. What is that box-shaped thing? A new RTG? A new probe core? I don't think it is part of the new rover base, because it has a different coloration.

it's a surface scanning module 
Surface_Scanning_Module.png

In this episode of KSP Weekly, one player highlights a minor graphical oversight in hope of a fix, and another player surprises Squad with a plea that dramatically floating rocks NOT be fixed!

Next week: Squad introduces staff psychiatrist.

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

If you mean on the crater rim, it's harder to tell if those are floating

It can be hard to tell from a distance, but from experience I can say the one you circled is absolutely floating... the other ones are definite maybes.... I just wish I could grab that cool little new rover in the pic and go see up close... :D

Oh, and those are supposed to be metal plates on the wheels? What kind of impact can they take before they blow out???

Edited by Just Jim

12 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Oh, Mighty Space Bard, what I want is NON-HISTORICALLY ACCURATE ROVERS!

Have you checked out @Angel-125's Buffalo Rover mod? Granted, the parts are historically accurate, but the whole mod is designed to make some of the coolest rovers ever!  I highly recommend this one.

OK, and again, back on topic.... new wheel details... speed, impact strength.... I need facts people, Emiko wants a new rover!!!  lmao.... :D

Edited by Just Jim

On 14/04/2017 at 9:00 PM, SQUAD said:

So, without further ado

Please, please stop. Please stop repeating this phrase EVERY WEEK.

It is no longer cute, or whimsical. It is a sign of lack of being able to think of anything different.

Please stop.

Did not read the rest. Going away for a while and then re-starting on paragraph 2.

33 minutes ago, John FX said:

Please, please stop. Please stop repeating this phrase EVERY WEEK.

It is no longer cute, or whimsical. It is a sign of lack of being able to think of anything different.

Please stop.

Did not read the rest. Going away for a while and then re-starting on paragraph 2.

Why fret about a simple choice of words? Read the information instead, the KSP Weeklys are getting better each week.

At least, that's what I do.

20 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Why fret about a simple choice of words? Read the information instead, the KSP Weeklys are getting better each week.

At least, that's what I do.

If someone were to gently touch your arm, you may not even notice. It certainly would not and should not bother you. If someone did it every 20 seconds for an hour the same small unobtrusive action would become unbearable.

The simple choice of words itself is no problem at all, it is the constant repetition.

1 hour ago, John FX said:

If someone were to gently touch your arm, you may not even notice. It certainly would not and should not bother you. If someone did it every 20 seconds for an hour the same small unobtrusive action would become unbearable.

The simple choice of words itself is no problem at all, it is the constant repetition.

Skip the first paragraph maybe?

On 4/14/2017 at 8:15 PM, SpacedCowboy said:

Nice fenders, Are they for Mun mud? Why not some Mun mud flaps and some inappropriate chrome inlays?

Just kidding. Love the folding wheels concept.

The fenders are for Mun Dust, the Lunar rovers kick up a fair bit of it, and when one of the fenders was damaged they could no longer use the rover until they fixed it(duct-tape and maps attached with clips)

https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/duct-tape-auto-repair-moon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.