2017 Kerbal Beach Air Show

XLjedi

An album of sequential pics from the first annual Kerbal Beach Air Show!  ...featuring my favorite flight team, the Green Cherubs!

Overall, a huge success!  ...no major explosions, Jeb walked away with a few minor scrapes, and only one Kerbal MIA... but I'm sure we'll find her.

If you'd like to try your hand at flying the official jet of the Green Cherubs, you'll find the blueprints on KerbalX.  (green & yellow paint sold separately) 

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/FA-02-Kounter

Woohoo!  Go Cherubs!

Edited by XLjedi

As a quick update, I was able to clean up the parts and package everything into a neat downloadable mod project. 

I made it available on the KerbalX craft page if anyone else would like to have the Green Cherubs visit their KSC for a show!

Edited by XLjedi

That was really cool. Just wondering, are the formations actually multiple craft or the same craft with seperate "jets" just offset from each other?

20 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Wow... amazing precision. And that last shot was so beautifully Kerbal! That was fun! :cool:

Thanks!  I had a lot of fun making it and the last shot is definitely my favorite...  although the one of Jeb falling out of the plane is a very close second.

20 hours ago, qzgy said:

That was really cool. Just wondering, are the formations actually multiple craft or the same craft with seperate "jets" just offset from each other?

No doubt, there were some challenges getting the planes into their formations... and into the air, the 6 plane delta in particular!.  But once I got them off the ground they were a blast to fly.  It would not be a lie if I said that each plane had its own pilot and could absolutely be controlled independently.  ...as you can maybe see from the "Cherub 5 break"  airshow photo.

However, when I was flying them as a team in formation, my control inputs for one, were indeed matched by each plane.  A big part of what makes the whole thing work is the plane the Cherubs fly has a rather low part count.  In fact, it's really "The Kount" that makes the Cherubs fly together as a team so well!  :wink:

Edited by XLjedi

5 hours ago, NotAgain said:

That. Was. Awesome.

I'm really impressed!

I'd love to see more of this, if you have the time.

Thanks!  We have our public relations staff looking into the next big KSC event!

In the meantime, I understand our KSC HR department is looking for a good Operations Risk Officer with experience/connections in the insurance underwriting industry.  ...applicants with rescue boat captain experience given first consideration.

And the Cherubs are excited to begin their big summer airshow tour!  Perhaps we'll see some more photos posted from a location near you.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.