Governments mod suggestion

Jas0n

I have an idea for a mod.

Basically, there are different governments. At the start of a career game, the player chooses a government from a selection of a few. Each one would offer a different contract tree with different focuses (military/science/tourist/colonize/reuse). There would also be competition against other agencies of other governments, such as getting milestones before others or deorbit/capture satellite/kerbal of another agency.

A player would also be able to switch governments. This would change the contract tree, reset reputation, but have to watch out for attacks by your previous government on your spacecraft. But the last bit could be annoying.

Another cool concept is that as time progresses, or as tech tree progresses, new governments are unlocked. Example: beginning govt have emphasis on military or science, then later focus more on tourism or colonization.

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look at State Funding Continued

After looking through the thread, I get the impression that the governments value certain types of crafts/missions and that all contracts are removed.

I think what I'm thinking of is State Funding with contracts mixed in. Maybe in the form of contracts that are urgent and have a large impact on SC/PO such as (for a military oriented government):

x country just launched a spy satellite in low Kerbin orbit. destroy it before they reveal our secrets. Deadline 3 days. and has large (maybe temporary) impact on state confidence.

That's just a suggestion though, I know you have a lot on your hands, with more mods under your belt than years I've been alive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.