game crash half the way on loading ?

i have nearly 80 mods and i did not have this problem before 

the game crash in middle of loading i have the 

this is error 

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.0p4_b15b5ae035b7]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:eefa0e6a.

Error occurred at 2017-04-16_194238.
J:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by NINA.
83% memory in use.
4096 MB physical memory [686 MB free].
9596 MB paging file [5544 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134214972 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.

i was playing the game with no problem but i can not it crash when loading 

Edited by Ninadragonborn

Are you using 64 bit KSP? Looks like you are. Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you, and crashes like this are to be expected when using 80 mods. 

Also, how experienced are you with KSP? I suggest that you start out stock with maybe KER and try orbiting, landing on the Mun and minmus and docking. 

Edited by Skylon

11 hours ago, Skylon said:

Are you using 64 bit KSP? Looks like you are. Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you, and crashes like this are to be expected when using 80 mods. 

Also, how experienced are you with KSP? I suggest that you start out stock with maybe KER and try orbiting, landing on the Mun and minmus and docking. 

thanks Skylon i have real solar system and the crash happen when the ModuleManager is applying patch and i have removed the mod when the ModuleManager applies the patch to it when crashes but i did happen again i do not know if something is wrong with the ModuleManager or something is wrong when applying the patch i have all this mod before but since some of the mod updated the crash start happen i can not figure which one is 

but thanks for help anyway 

7 hours ago, Kerbital said:

My guess is you're running out of RAM. You only have 4GB of RAM and almost all of it is used, your page (virtual memory) is getting bigger than your physical RAM, this is never a good thing.

thanks Kerbital 

i have tested the game with all this mod on another system with 12GB ram but the crash did happen there i think some of mod that updated causing this but i can not figure out which one and i think i should take this the hard way installing the mod one by one which is really hard since that is a lot of mod 

thanks again for your help 

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

Make sure you have the updated version of module manager, and that you are running 64 bit KSP. I do think it could be that the mods are just eating up your RAM.

i have tested the game on my brother laptop it have 12GB ram still crash happen 

its weird i have not this problem before even with all 80 mod 

@Ninadragonborn

You don't have to install the mods one-by-one. There is the 50/50 elimination  method.

1) Install 50% of the mods. Let's say you have 80 mods, so install only 40.

2) If the game crashes then your trouble mod is in this 40. If the game does not crash then remove these mods and install the other 40 of your mods as your trouble mod is in the other half.

3) The game should crash now if you install the other half. If the game crashes indeed, then uninstall half of the half mods and try again. So now you have 20 mods. Repeat, removing half the mods each time. Keep notes! If the game stops crashing then the trouble mod is in the batch you have just removed last.

I hope you're following me. This will let you narrow down quickly do a small number of mods. 80->40->20->10, etc. It would be much easier to find the bad mod among 10 mods than 80 and this only took you 4 reinstalls!

If the game does not crash with either half of mods installed then you have a mod conflict between two or more mods in both halves. That would be much harder.

If you'd like, use this tip to create a list of your mods so you can post them here:

Edited by Kerbital

38 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

@Ninadragonborn

You don't have to install the mods one-by-one. There is the 50/50 elimination  method.

1) Install 50% of the mods. Let's say you have 80 mods, so install only 40.

2) If the game crashes then your trouble mod is in this 40. If the game does not crash then remove these mods and install the other 40 of your mods as your trouble mod is in the other half.

3) The game should crash now if you install the other half. If the game crashes indeed, then uninstall half of the half mods and try again. So now you have 20 mods. Repeat, removing half the mods each time. Keep notes! If the game stops crashing then the trouble mod is in the batch you have just removed last.

I hope you're following me. This will let you narrow down quickly do a small number of mods. 80->40->20->10, etc. It would be much easier to find the bad mod among 10 mods than 80 and this only took you 4 reinstalls!

If the game does not crash with either half of mods installed then you have a mod conflict between two or more mods in both halves. That would be much harder.

If you'd like, use this tip to create a list of your mods so you can post them here:

well thanks this is a good idea i should try it right away and hope to find the problem 

• 1 month later...

Well I'm recreating my current KSP installation due to major sstem crash, and guess what: I ran into the same issue. The games crashes reliably during Module Manager patching during launch and the logs blame mono.dll for it.  I run KSP 1.2.2 with lots of mods ob 4 GB mem an it workes´d well, Until a bunch of updates.

So I just want to share what I found out in the process mentioned abobe, to - maybe - give anyone a hint to the culprit. In my case it was the Aviation Lights mod, which was updated recently.

It seems that Version V3.13 which is currently on CKAN and available for KSP 1.2.2 , is indeed not compatible. Roling back to V3.12 solved the problem for me so far.

Regards

SchrottBot

• 4 weeks later...

I have updated all of my mod via ckan and am running the latest build of KSP (1.3) and i have had no issues. Perhaps what you need to do is clear you ckan cache, reinstall the mods you want (attempt to limit your total file size to less then 250,000kb grand total of all mods) and you may see a good improvement to game session life and fewer crashes. I have had to limit my mods to 47, and in so doing, my typical game session will go for about 3 hours before a CODT will occur. Updating and redownloading all my mods solved the mid load crashing issue for me. Good luck. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mlgwilliam88 said:

I have the same problem I have 5 mods and now I took all the mods away from ksp but still it crashs halfway pls help me

Please start a new thread and read this : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Your problem is likely very different than the one op had, especially because op is running 75 more mods than you are. 

If you follow the instructions in the how to get support thread, it makes it easier for us to help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.